Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

2017 Ferrari

McLaren for Seb, or just power play on Alonso?

Let courting begin.

Vettel is out of contract next year, that’s my understanding. So as you can imagine, next year’s going to be an exciting driver market.

Alonso's a crafty bugger, but one without the luck no matter how much he schemes. He's def looking for another seat somewhere, be it RBR or Merc. As for Vettel he won't leave Ferrari unless Sergio makes that team unbearable. Already he's said he's retiring in 2018, but he looks like the type of Sepp Blatter who then announces for the good of the team in red, he's carrying on as the head honcho. The sooner Ferrari are rid of Sergio, then they can make progress going forward.

I too believe that Vettel will not leave Ferrari for another team, unless that decision is made for him end of this year. I can see him following Rosberg's example at the extreme, but right now he is, as Michael was once, attempting to revive Ferrari to its former glory despite Arrivabene and Marchionne.  There is not much written about him (at least not in nice terms) lately in British media, but from what I've detected elsewhere, he seemed pretty angry about FiA's manipulative agenda end of last year. In fact my feeling was so strong, that at one point I was not sure he is coming back this year at all. Intensely disgusted. I am convinced that in post-race analysis of several incidents during a year even now he feels victimized by several dubious calls by race stewards.

On my own, I have difficulty to accept FiA's influence on result of races last year. Words like morally corrupt buzzing in my head for some reasons. 

The thing is that McLaren is fighting to remain relevant and, tbh, Brown's comments are a bit unfortunate if you consider the implications. Alonso says he will go (retire, whatever) if McLaren cannot deliver a car that can race properly. Well, apparently Brown is thinking about the possibility of Alonso leaving. That says something about inside knowledge regarding development and what it says is not good...

McLaren, says Brown, is shooting for P3 in championship, thus I gather Ferrari does not exists as far as he is concerned. Could be, that he and Marchionne are both from the same neighborhood?

52 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren, says Brown, is shooting for P3 in championship, thus I gather Ferrari does not exists as far as he is concerned. Could be, that he and Marchionne are both from the same neighborhood?

Lol.

Everybody has written off ferrari. But with the resources they posses we won't  know until  we see the Melbourne qualifying results.

What Ferrari's first massive step is and has to be done in order for them to at least improve on last year is run the team from the track as a race team and not from the boardroom as a company. Solving that issue should be the priority and it would give the engineers less pressure and intimidation in order to do as there told. Therefore more innovative ideas and improvements come from an relaxed or concentrated environment, once Ferrari start from there then and only then can they do there job with as much authenticity as legally possible to make ground up on the others without the constant reticule if it doesn't show its true worth immediately. And that's the other thing Ferrari have lost and that's patience, instead of refining a good product, they were always playing catchup with new products and sometimes it didn't work out. There lack of commitment in sense of letting results come in before making more changes to improve results.  Poor strategy cost Ferrari some guaranteed wins last yeah all because there's to many chiefs and not enough Indians. They have to restructure its internal management  once again and run the team how it's history has always showed, authentic, passionate and ran like a race team from a race track instead of a company from a boardroom.

With respect to Ferrari, we may need to wait for couple of milestones, methinks. End of April (Bahrain) will serve for me as a first indicator whether there was a breakthrough on aero side, and then again by Sept end to confirm, that Ferrari is capable to marshal updates as rapidly as rest of them. Reorganization was instituted after Allison left. Question in my mind remains, whether it works competitively. Qualification will probably make a race, according to some, who are predicting very little on track overtaking during a race.

Allison had little to do with it, marcionne has been trying to run this regime since he got the power and has done nothing except cartwheels. That's the other thing, there qualifying hurt them last year , that along with bogus strategy calls, kept them winless.

Testing, as almost always, will tell what the tech and (shady) politics have come to. In fact, it has become the time when I decide whether to bother to follow the season and watch races.

You always will, no matter how it is you will always have an interest because you know what the sport used to be.

How many cars are teams allowed to bring in for testing? One? Big deal. Fact is, we do not know how much of useful testing will be really done. Rain and couple of off track excursions surely might turn the trip to Spain into wasted pile of money. I am not holding my breath that we will learn much next month. There is a graveyard full of false forecasts based on testing, and then when racing starts...

Fast forward, as expected, Renault is promising to put bacon on the table. They were good in distant past, and they can do it again. For some hard to explain reasons that is how I feel. 

After perusing internet for a while, there seems to be very little hope for Ferrari among fans, many of which seems to be rather in hostile mood.

Ferrari heir is hoping for 3 wins in forthcoming season. In 2015 I would have said, what a reasonable man. In 2017 I am thinking - what does he knows that we do not? Sounds scary (denotes disappointing).

Wolff had change of hearts (again), and indicated that Vettel will be, with others, on their list of drivers considered for next year. I have difficulty to believe that Seb would leave Maranello under normal circumstances because he wants WDC painted red. There is of course SM factor in the background, and should Sergio get really nasty, all bets are off. I am going to spare everybody from nonsensical claims, whether Hamilton will agree, etc. Mercedes's management and a driver-candidate will decide, not Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Wolff had change of hearts (again), and indicated that Vettel will be, with others, on their list of drivers considered for next year. I have difficulty to believe that Seb would leave Maranello under normal circumstances because he wants WDC painted red. There is of course SM factor in the background, and should Sergio get really nasty, all bets are off. I am going to spare everybody from nonsensical claims, whether Hamilton will agree, etc. Mercedes's management and a driver-candidate will decide, not Hamilton.

Yep... I honestly can't see Seb at Merc. I think Ferrari will be his last

Yeah I think Seb will retire at Ferrari, it's the right place for him IMO.