Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emmcee

2017 Mclaren

2 hours ago, maure said:

No one is saying what you claim is being said. In fact, you two are the only ones speaking like that. Your posts are here for everyone to read.

so are mine. Here is what I have said on the topic:

Read it carefully and then please tell where it says what you claim it says. I have written nowhere what you accuse the world of. No one but you two believe your accusations. They are utterly and completely meritless.

Ohh bs mate, go have a better look, you, brad, Sakae are all saying you can see the foundations and know where the teams are at well sort of, fvckin bs mate, no one does, no one knows who's playing what. Would you run your car at full potential at these tests? Why would you want anyone to get any advantage for. Stop trying to manipulate the situation, go back and have a better look, should've gone to spec savers mate.

9 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Ohh bs mate, go have a better look, you, brad, Sakae are all saying you can see the foundations and know where the teams are at well sort of, fvckin bs mate, no one does, no one knows who's playing what. Would you run your car at full potential at these tests? Why would you want anyone to get any advantage for. Stop trying to manipulate the situation, go back and have a better look, should've gone to spec savers mate.

Foundations? Now it's foundations? What happen to the "teams are at full capacity" claim?

Anyway, please go find the post(s) where I said any of those things.

Godspeed.

Iam not doing the dirty work to support your jargon, do it yourself, it's not just me on here who sees the same thing. Your the one with a point to proove not me, I know Iam right, one phone call to a person who was involved in f1 with title winning teams can clarify that. Iam not going to say who it is either.

27 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Iam not doing the dirty work to support your jargon, do it yourself, it's not just me on here who sees the same thing. Your the one with a point to proove not me, I know Iam right, one phone call to a person who was involved in f1 with title winning teams can clarify that. Iam not going to say who it is either.

I really don't why are you wasting your time and nerves. Maure enjoys this kind of debate and often provokes it, just for fun.

No, I think Caesar is saying why should we waste time due to your laziness.

Summing up:

1. You make certain accusations.

2. You refuse to provide evidence to support your accusations.

Now, now ladies - put your handbags away :D

Is Honda ready to walk away? A lot of confusing signals flowing out from that camp. Driver says one thing, racing manager something else, their boss says there is no crises despite his guys blowing horn, press conference cancelled...just lovely. When asked - do you think Honda will walk - answer - "I don't think so. They didn't say (tell me) anything". Sounds very reassuring that he knows what plans Honda has.

I think Honda will stay. Cancelled press conference - Honda was maybe busy, maybe Hasegawa wants to talk with his home base first... this all could mean very little or nothing at all.

English bookies have McLaren 150:1 to win championship this year. (Renault 200:1). So, there is hope... :lol:

If Honda do leave Sakae I'll take my hat of to you sir as we have had conflicting arguments in the past about the performance of Honda and how long it will take to get there. I've always held a glimmer of hope because Honda is a fantastic manufacturer, there road cars and performance you get from vetec and mugen is insane. But for some reason they struggle in the turbo side, as all there road cars are naturally aspirated it's a new area for them but in saying that, they build pretty good turbo engines for Indy so Iam at a loss here, how can this legendary manufacturer struggle as struggle for as long as they have? I still hope they will be competitive but I think it's taking to long now for any significant improvement to actually get excited.

Well that basically sums up my point about teams not running full spec engines and what programs and all this and testing times especially this year have no indication of who is where, but I better stop because I'll get told it wasn't me who said this.

3 minutes ago, Emmcee said:

Well that basically sums up my point about teams not running full spec engines and what programs and all this and testing times especially this year have no indication of who is where, but I better stop because I'll get told it wasn't me who said this.

Don't worry too much, always say what you think and try not to insult anyone, that is what i try to do.

Ferrari only today show their race pace, plus vettel aborted qualy lap after having great first two sectors, not to show qualy pace.

2 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Indeed. Testing is so mysterious that, come Australia, McLaren might just win while Mercedes, Ferrari, and RBR won't even be able to qualify.

Here goes a hug.

Due to my believe that Honda (and maybe McLaren) have their friends everywhere, I have decide to re-post something to cheer them up. I am hoping that I am not wrong to repost a few thoughts by a real insider, Japanese Engineer, Mr. Wazari. I love his contributions to the outside world while that one is peaking in, I am sorry to hear about his daughter, and wishing him and his family all the best. Mr. Wazari, from my understanding, worked in high positions for both, Honda racing, and Toyota road cars divisions.

Mr. Wazari:

It amazes me how much effort people take to try and discredit or put down other people on the Internet. To actually email the HR department at Sakura to figure out who I am, to that person, you need to find another hobby. So to all of those who think I’m a fraud or fake, just believe that I’m the head janitor at Sakura and my nephew is a part-time musubi-maker in the cafeteria. You might as well also stop reading here.

To the rest of you, I appreciate your kind words and this forum as I have mentioned is a form of entertainment and diversion for myself. I don’t think I will be posting for a while but will lurk from time to time. The internet has made the world so much smaller. This forum has allowed me to make a few close contacts and even meet one individual in person. Amazing! My contract with HRD ends this month and I am not going to continue. As I approach 70, I realize life is short and some of you know that my daughter has battled cancer twice and I plan on spending more time with her and the grandkids. I also have my personal automotive projects that have been neglected and need attending to. Enough about me.
I’ve always been known as a 反逆者 at Honda so I’m going post my opinion about this year’s PU and HRD in general. I was asked by a Honda enthusiast and journalist about this year’s PU and overall direction and here was my response from March 6th.

F1 has also changed immensely. Mostly the technology has become so complex that I don’t see how this translates to cost cutting. I suppose that eventually some of this technology might find its way into passenger cars but at what price? Can $150,000 ES devices be brought down to a level where it can be used in a $35,000 passenger car? I don’t see it even with economies of scale. At the end of day, everything is still petrol based. How does this translate to alternative fuels, etc.?  

The current PU overall I think is very good and I am excited about it. But, lack of actual track testing it makes it difficult. Honda has not used test mules because mainly we don’t know when to stop. That is a fault. HRD is constantly trying to make improvements until the last moment and I struggle at times with this mentality. I was this way in the ‘80’s but I have changed. There comes a point where you need to concentrate on improving what you have built rather than constantly trying to build new versions. This between you and me is Honda’s biggest weakness at this point IMO. This IMO leads to lack of testing time for each upgrade. What is better, 5,000 hours of testing on 10 different versions or 10,000 hours of testing on 5 different versions? Arai-san especially thought the former. Then when I think okay this is good enough for now, some interpret that as quitting. So in this aspect, I get frustrated. My contract ends in 30 days and I will not renew. I am done with F1 as a consultant/engineer. It’s not fun anymore.

So I hope this PU can be exploited to its full potential. The power is there, the efficiency is there and as usual, reliability is the big question mark because mainly of what I have mentioned before. This of course has caused friction between us and McLaren and it is a very, very difficult partnership. I don’t know what the future lies but I know we have put tremendous effort into this PU. Almost everything is new. This is what IMO we should have built for 2015. Things will break. The latest failure was a valve-train issue stemming from an electrical problem. This is a problem that is being addressed currently and I think should be resolved before Melbourne.

This is my experience with Japanese engineers. In NA we brainstormed a topic, streamlined list to some rational plan, and rapidly moved on. My partners in Japan took the same list, and insisted on trying every idea enumerated. We had no time, and worked day and night to get through. I wonder how that approach sits with McLaren, and whether Hasegawa changed his coat of Japanese engineer, and wears one more suited for the F1.  

8 hours ago, Emmcee said:

Always have to be so pedantic.

Turn that frown upside down, my friend.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

This is my experience with Japanese engineers. In NA we brainstormed a topic, streamlined list to some rational plan, and rapidly moved on. My partners in Japan took the same list, and insisted on trying every idea enumerated. We had no time, and worked day and night to get through. I wonder how that approach sits with McLaren, and whether Hasegawa changed his coat of Japanese engineer, and wears one more suited for the F1.  

It is difficult for non-Japanese to understand the role of ritualism in Japan and how it serves to determine a set of limits but also a set of guarantees.

10 minutes ago, maure said:

Turn that frown upside down, my friend.

It is difficult for non-Japanese to understand the role of ritualism in Japan and how it serves to determine a set of limits but also a set of guarantees.

Yep, that's for sure. Best what I managed was not to change anything, and just accept it.

I know a lot about the Japanese culture and there way of life is deeply inter grained into my own, from martial arts down to basic way of life, I live in Australia but my younger brother lives in Okayama so it's feels only natural to do things and approach things the way they do.

Bottas said to finnish tv when asked how fast they can go? that they can go much much faster than currently, if they go for full engine power and light fuel load, but he said they are unlikely to do so at testing because engineers know from computers how fast they can go even if they have more fuel and less engine power.

13 hours ago, Caesar said:

Bottas said to finnish tv when asked how fast they can go? that they can go much much faster than currently, if they go for full engine power and light fuel load, but he said they are unlikely to do so at testing because engineers know from computers how fast they can go even if they have more fuel and less engine power.

Until they actually do it on the tracks and find out that computer simulation/prediction isn't exactly what they expect.

They can get beaten this year and I am looking forward to that.