Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Webber & Fisi Collision

It was probably Fisi fault, he was much slower than Webber, unfortunately for Williams Webber has no brain, it was just a question of patience, but he prefered to hand the podium to Heidfeld :lol:

Why was Pizzonia in Australia? (i know this is the wrong place, but chris posting reminded me) i mea what if webber of hiedfeld were injured or ill before the race?

mostly Fisi's fault, but Webber needs to learn some racecraft and should have observed Fisi was slowing and losing grip, thus moving around and just left it and made his move the next lap. Don't get me wrong though, Fisi stuffed it all up, but Webber can learn from this, he's not used to mixing it with the big boys as it's only his second race at Williams, but as I say, he should learn from this.

But Webber had overtaking, he was defending his newly gain position, you don't just let some re pass you, its not what a racing driver does.

But Webber had overtaking, he was defending his newly gain position, you don't just let some re pass you, its not what a racing driver does.

Exactly!!!!!!Fisi should have had the experience to know what was going to happen if he chose that course of action. Fisi was gone and i'd be suprised if he was capable of staying with that pact once they passed him anyway, I think fisi knew he had little chance of making a heap of points, so why not slow the pact down or take a car or two out!!!

One interesting outcome that came from this Gp was the importance of maintaining the downforce components to your car. It was clear when fisi lost his downforce that the next think he suffered with was dramatic tyre wear. The new tyre rule has been a great success i feel ,as it has helped increase the level of drama and forced the teams and drivers to rethink their strategies and driving styles.

I don't think it matters whose fault it is. The fact is, that crash was a highlight of the race, and stewards should not investigate it then tell the drivers off for it, as it may put drivers off overtaking in the future, cos they might be afraid of getting punished!

The drivers seem to be dealing with the incidents much better in their forum. I think it should be left to them! Stewards are going to mess up - they already did on this one!

But jem, then drivers will go crazy and do stupid things, and that can be a risk to safety amongst other things.

I don't think it matters whose fault it is. The fact is, that crash was a highlight of the race, and stewards should not investigate it then tell the drivers off for it, as it may put drivers off overtaking in the future, cos they might be afraid of getting punished!

You

It was probably Fisi fault, he was much slower than Webber, unfortunately for Williams  Webber has no brain, it was just  a question of patience, but he prefered to hand the podium to Heidfeld :lol:

Come on!!!!! MW was perfect. We ussually complaint because there are no overtaking movements and when one guy is brave enough to try it we say he has had loss of patience.

MW made a fantastic move and there was nothing wrong with it. He had the pace and tyres for the move. GF's reaction was desperate, he had a struggling car under him and was always going to slide braking that late!

webber already made the pass in the previous corner! fisi made a stab back, which caused the incident. it wasn't webber trying to make a move around the outside stick, he was just taking the corner as he normally would on the clean line.

however webber defintely learned a lesson out of this. his lack of experience fighting at the front meant he has learnt a very hard lesson. the way kimi so coolly and calmly assessed the situation when hothead massa came back at him was a prime example of cool race craft. webber won't make the same bad judgement call again so in a way it's not all bad it happened. webber will live to fight another day and be a better driver for it. fisi was still an idiot tho!

Kimi's was different though, He was already behind him, and was never going to overtake him....Massa didn't even need to brake deep to keep position.

since I saw this moment I said that Fisico had the responsability of the crash, but I really think that Webber should learn for this racing lesson. Remember that they just have little time to think...

I still say Webber doesn't even have anything to learn, i'd be dissapointed if i saw him backout, just because another driver may not know his cars limts in the situation, if this was the case we'd never see truely good battles!

I still say Webber doesn't even have anything to learn, i'd be dissapointed if i saw him backout, just because another driver may not know his cars limts in the situation, if this was the case we'd never see truely good battles!

If this is the case, then we will see truely good crashes all the season...

Looking at the reply shows that Fisi was sliding badly mid corner. I guess all you guys know the feeling ?

Its easy to say that Webber had the correct line and was in the right, but at the end of the day, only cars that finish can take a podium/points. You can be aggressive, but you have to be agressive smartly.

I'm a No.1 Webbo fan, but I think in hindsight he'll be looking back and pondering this move and what might of been.

I truely believe that Webber has a huge monkey on his back at the moment, once he gets that first podium he'll be a 10 times better drive.

Looking at the reply shows that Fisi was sliding badly mid corner. I guess all you guys know the feeling ?

Its easy to say that Webber had the correct line and was in the right, but at the end of the day, only cars that finish can take a podium/points. You can be aggressive, but you have to be agressive smartly.

I truely believe that Webber has a huge monkey on his back at the moment, once he gets that first podium he'll be a 10 times better drive.

Good!

thats what I think

It was a racing incident, nothing more.

Personally I think Webber showed his inexperience: Fizzy was clearly in an ailing car and Mark didn

Once again..(theres an echo in here) He had already made the move. The move was fine, he got the position, it was clean and fair. This was Fisichella overtaking, not Webber.

Webber has a lot to learn when it comes to mixing it with the big boys, but he'll learn over time, he's with a top team now, no more mixing it with Minardi, Jordan and the like.

I can't believe people think drivers should let drivers overtake them, thats just stupid....

50 posts about the Webber-Fisi clash....hey guys stop!!!It's not that important it was a race incident ok?