Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

Pics Of U!

ISNT THIS BEAUTIFUL - this was the 2003 model & thats how close i got - WOW i thought i had died & gone to heaven!!!

oh, you mean this one??????

8472c0e2.jpg

oops - obviously i never noticed :blush:

but anyway you ahve to admit it was most defintiely a thing of beauty - maybe more so to me as id never gotten so close to a real F1 car before (prob wont again) and yes i do admit it wasnt just the Ferrari that was beautiful, i also was the Williams and McLarens but obviously being a Ferrari fan it was it that got my heart racing & me drooling the most :wub:

oops - obviously i never noticed :blush:

but anyway you ahve to admit it was most defintiely a thing of beauty - maybe more so to me as id never gotten so close to a real F1 car before (prob wont again) and yes i do admit it wasnt just the Ferrari that was beautiful, i also was the Williams and McLarens but obviously being a Ferrari fan it was it that got my heart racing & me drooling the most :wub:

Yup - it was quite an experience getting that close. At one point the guy supervising the car allowed us to 'cross the rope' and get right alongside the car. Funny thing about North American's - most don't follow F1 very closely - so often when those of us who do get a chance like this, it's largely uninterupted by the thronging masses. As you can see, there's virtually no one else around at the time this pic was taken of my brother and I. Granted, it was early on a Saturday, before qualy even started (at the Edmonton ChampCar Grand Prix), but there were over 100,000 people at the track that day, and hardly anyone stopped to even look at MS's championship winning car from '03.

Go figure?!?!?!?!?

Yup - it was quite an experience getting that close. At one point the guy supervising the car allowed us to 'cross the rope' and get right alongside the car. Funny thing about North American's - most don't follow F1 very closely - so often when those of us who do get a chance like this, it's largely uninterupted by the thronging masses. As you can see, there's virtually no one else around at the time this pic was taken of my brother and I. Granted, it was early on a Saturday, before qualy even started (at the Edmonton ChampCar Grand Prix), but there were over 100,000 people at the track that day, and hardly anyone stopped to even look at MS's championship winning car from '03.

Go figure?!?!?!?!?

It's at those times I'm embarassed to be American...but only for a brief moment! I have to say, I much prefer the look of the turbo chassis (ChampCar in the photo) to the Ferrari. The Lola just looks 'cleaner' to me, even though the aero is miles inferior to the Ferrari.

It's at those times I'm embarassed to be American...but only for a brief moment! I have to say, I much prefer the look of the turbo chassis (ChampCar in the photo) to the Ferrari. The Lola just looks 'cleaner' to me, even though the aero is miles inferior to the Ferrari.

I'm a fan of both (F1 and Champcar that is), but the Paul Tracy car on display here was his Reynard from '02, and not his actual championship winning Lola from '03 (it had my name on it BTW), which is a much nicer and cleaner car.

I would have died if I was able to get my picture taken next to his car with my name on the sidepod!!!!!

lol, Irish, if you want to get close to loads of old F1 cars (and a couple of current) Go visit the Renault and Toyota places in Paris. The Renault one's especially fun, got one of MS's old benettons in it :)

Go figure?!?!?!?!?

GOD lucky you - i had to fight my way through a lot of very tall, pushy blokes and that was before qualifying too!!!! i had to stand on a few toes to even get as close as i did - was worth it though!!!! didnt even know that area existed until i met some scottish girl who goes every year & showed me around

i did however get to the winter testing in Barcelona a couple of months before - its free in, you can go nearly anywhere around the circuit you want & you can stay as long as you want - there was only about 100 people there so you could really hear the noise of the cars the whole way round the circuit - i must have looked like a kid that had just won a golden ticket for willy wonkas factory - pure joy!!!!!! :wub:

I'm a fan of both (F1 and Champcar that is), but the Paul Tracy car on display here was his Reynard from '02, and not his actual championship winning Lola from '03...

:blush: Whoops! Saw that you mentioned the '03 Ferrari and just assumed the ChampCar was also '03..either way, both Reynard and Lola look cleaner without all the aero greeblies.

...(it had my name on it BTW), which is a much nicer and cleaner car.

I would have died if I was able to get my picture taken next to his car with my name on the sidepod!!!!!

What's the story on this? Just happenstance or something more interesting..?

:blush: Whoops! Saw that you mentioned the '03 Ferrari and just assumed the ChampCar was also '03..either way, both Reynard and Lola look cleaner without all the aero greeblies.

What's the story on this? Just happenstance or something more interesting..?

First, I apologize to the other members who have already heard this story......

In 2003 the Canadian government passed legislation prohibiting tobacco sponsorship of any major sporting events or teams, and as such, Players were no longer able to sponsor the Forsythe Racing Team. That legislation took effect at the end of August '03, so for the final three races of that year, the Forsythe Team had no sponsorship or branding on their livery. In it's place, Players agreed to continue its sponsorship program, but offered to put the names of about 1200 lucky fans on the car as a means of thanking them for their support over the years. It was called the "Last Lap" livery and was on the car when Tracy won the championship.

All you had to do was go on line and sign up on a special website that was set up just for the promo. I signed up but was never sure if my name actually made it onto the car - that was until I ordered the 1:18 model of his 2003 championship car and found my name on the right hand side pod!!! So, it turns out, my name went round with him on each lap of the last three events in '03 - including the race he won the championship at in Mexico!!

I think the ChampCar looks like a 20 year old F1 racer. Sorry, leagues apart.

In 2003 the Canadian government passed legislation prohibiting tobacco sponsorship of any major sporting events or teams, and as such, Players were no longer able to sponsor the Forsythe Racing Team. That legislation took effect at the end of August '03, so for the final three races of that year, the Forsythe Team had no sponsorship or branding on their livery. In it's place, Players agreed to continue its sponsorship program, but offered to put the names of about 1200 lucky fans on the car as a means of thanking them for their support over the years. It was called the "Last Lap" livery and was on the car when Tracy won the championship.

All you had to do was go on line and sign up on a special website that was set up just for the promo. I signed up but was never sure if my name actually made it onto the car - that was until I ordered the 1:18 model of his 2003 championship car and found my name on the right hand side pod!!! So, it turns out, my name went round with him on each lap of the last three events in '03 - including the race he won the championship at in Mexico!!

You have got to be kidding...

You have got to be kidding...

Nope, it's all absolutely true - and I have the car (with a picture if you'd like to see it) to prove it.

Dont believe you post a pic :P

I do actually, but would like to see it :)

Okay, but bear in mind there were 1200 names on the car, so each one was pretty small....

Here is a pic of Paul Tracy's 2003 Championship Team picture with the LastLap.ca livery

PaulTracy-LastLap-TeamPhoto.jpg

And here is a series showing the model, with a descending view narrowing in on the names, with my name circled in the very last pic....

PaulTracy-LastLap-CloseUp-03.jpg

PaulTracy-LastLap-CloseUp-02.jpg

PaulTracy-LastLap-CloseUp-01.jpg

Nice one, Jay :thbup:
Yep really nice :)

Thanks guys, it's only a minor brush with racing fame - but it was a bit of a thrill none the less.

Don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself here....

IMAGE_026.jpg

Hey Kay, you are really pretty!

:D

looks like a typical devoshire lassy!

So they are typical cute? ^_^

I think the ChampCar looks like a 20 year old F1 racer. Sorry, leagues apart.

Yep. That's why I like it! It's a visual thing, not a performance thing.

I had stopped following ChampCar seriously at that time, but I remember that! Excellent that you made it onto Tracy's car. :clap3: Tracy deserved to finally win a Championship and the fan's names on the car made it all the more beautiful!

So they are typical cute? ^_^

They ae generally very easy going, nice and very relaxed. They are also very sweet alot of the times. Joss Stone is a good example.

They ae generally very easy going, nice and very relaxed. They are also very sweet alot of the times. Joss Stone is a good example.

I go to devon 3 or 4 times a year as we have a cottage there in brixham - I find devon youths to be mostly chav scum. Bournemouth and Poole are apparently even worse!