Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Most Overrated Drivers

Yes and that was more obviously his fault, although it was a similar thing that happened. It was good to see the rest of the drivers tell him he should apologise, although from what I read of DC it took some persuading.

Michael never likes to admit his crimes. Remember when he originally tried to justify his assaults on Damon and Jacques in the 1994 and 1997 title deciders before accepting blame?

I didn't notice, I copied and pasted most of it. So Sato and webber have hit twice?!

How many different drivers has sato actually hit this season? My guess would be a fair few...

edit: NOOO don't start webber v heidfeld again, it's been done to death.

Kup, webber is better than Pizzonia, Davidson and Wurz...

kaisersalsek, uhh... what a long name =)

Can read my upper posts to see: i know that MW is better than APiz, AD, AW.

Where you saw else by me ?

Michael never likes to admit his crimes. Remember when he originally tried to justify his assaults on Damon and Jacques in the 1994 and 1997 title deciders before accepting blame?

I wasn't watching in 1994, but in 1997 I have vague memories, some things will never change I suppose.

I wasn't watching in 1994, but in 1997 I have vague memories, some things will never change I suppose.

Its not just big issues like the infamous title deciders of yesteryear, Michael refuses to accept responsibility for almost all of his mistakes

Its not just big issues like the infamous title deciders of yesteryear, Michael refuses to accept responsibility for almost all of his mistakes…he always tries and blames someone else…

Wow, Sato and Michael have something in common - who would have believe it eh? :naughty:

It reminds me of this joke:

There were four F1 fans on the edge of a cliff! One supported Mark Webber, another Fernardo Alonso, another David Coulthard and another Michael Schumacher.

The Mark Webber fan jumped off the edge and said "This is for Mark!"

The Fernardo Alonso fan jumped off the edge and said "This is for Fernardo!"

Then the David Coulthard fan pushed the Michael Schumacher fan off the edge of the cliff and said "This is for the whole wide world!"

Kay_Zee, good joke, man !

and as all good jokes it has just a part of a joke inside =)

and again it shows, no matte MS is best by achieves now,

MS is 1st most overated one too !

Oh oh :yikes: nojvnof1 wont be happy reading this...

neither am I :angry:

As for JV - yes, he is a WDC. Yes, he does have talent when he wants to apply it. And yes, I will hold my hands up and say I have taken the mickey quite a few times this year over his driving. He is getting better though, showing a little of the old magic and outperforming his team mate on a regular basis

now that is much better

As for JV - yes, he is a WDC. Yes, he does have talent when he wants to apply it. And yes, I will hold my hands up and say I have taken the mickey quite a few times this year over his driving. He is getting better though, showing a little of the old magic and outperforming his team mate on a regular basis - this is why I dont rate Massa at all.

I think the thing with JV is he started his career on a high, (having Hill as a team-mate and a Williams car as good as that helped) met Craig Pollock, joined BAR and it all fell down.

JV certainly does not owe his WDC to DH in any way, who was, in my humble opinion, the most over rated F1 pilot (little own WDC) of all time. DH was barely able to beat JV to the title in '96, despite it being JV's rookie season, with no foreknowledge of a car that was designed and built with DH's input.

Despite that, JV put the FW18 on the pole in his first ever race in F1 (which very very very few other drivers have ever managed). He also has one of the best rookie records in the history of the sport, with three pole positions, 11 podiums, 6 fastest laps, 4 wins, 78 points (on the old system) and a 2nd place finish in the standings.

He then went on to descimate his team mate the following year on the way to the WDC. Prior to that HHF had been considered Schumi's better during their sports car days together with Mercedes. But after the '97 season, HHF's reputation in F1 was finished forever, and thereafter Schumi outright refused to allow Ferrari to even consider JV as his teammate at Ferrari, despite an offer from JV to drive for free.

The loss of Renault at Williams in '98 was a massive blow, and JV was right to look elsewhere for a drive. Unfortunately, he was well under the Svengali like spell of CP by that time, and fell victim to CP's delusions of grandeur, as his ambition to become a team boss in his own right cost JV any opportunity to ever return to a potentially race winning team. Unfortunately, despite a few moments of brilliance, where JV was able to snatch a few podiums for BAR, it all went to hell from there.

MS is 1st most overated one too !

Yeah a SEVEN (count 'em) TIME Champion is overrated.... More so than a guy who has the supreme car through much of the season but doesn't win the championship? :yawn:

I don't f**king think so.

I smell envy in the air yet again.

JV certainly does not owe his WDC to DH in any way, who was, in my humble opinion, the most over rated F1 pilot (little own WDC) of all time. DH was barely able to beat JV to the title in '96, despite it being JV's rookie season, with no foreknowledge of a car that was designed and built with DH's input.

Despite that, JV put the FW18 on the pole in his first ever race in F1 (which very very very few other drivers have ever managed). He also has one of the best rookie records in the history of the sport, with three pole positions, 11 podiums, 6 fastest laps, 4 wins, 78 points (on the old system) and a 2nd place finish in the standings.

He then went on to descimate his team mate the following year on the way to the WDC. Prior to that HHF had been considered Schumi's better during their sports car days together with Mercedes. But after the '97 season, HHF's reputation in F1 was finished forever, and thereafter Schumi outright refused to allow Ferrari to even consider JV as his teammate at Ferrari, despite an offer from JV to drive for free.

The loss of Renault at Williams in '98 was a massive blow, and JV was right to look elsewhere for a drive. Unfortunately, he was well under the Svengali like spell of CP by that time, and fell victim to CP's delusions of grandeur, as his ambition to become a team boss in his own right cost JV any opportunity to ever return to a potentially race winning team. Unfortunately, despite a few moments of brilliance, where JV was able to snatch a few podiums for BAR, it all went to hell from there.

I have shown on countless occasions how Damon convincingly beat Jacques in 1996 and will revive the information if necessary. You have highlighted Jacques successes in 1996 and rightly pronounced it as

You know what, Senna. I agree again.

@Narain.

No offence, but please. If I was talking to Cav, then I was talking to Cav and not you. If he has a problem with me, I trust him to come direct to me.

I've been asked to let it go. So I will. We're mature adults, not children.

He , and thereafter Schumi outright refused to allow Ferrari to even consider JV as his teammate at Ferrari, despite an offer from JV to drive for free.

i would take that with a grain of salt

no it is true. that was in 2003 when DR was trying to throw JV out of the team, Bernie went to Ferrari about a possible match up between JV and MS and MS gave him an out right NO

no it is true. that was in 2003 when DR was trying to throw JV out of the team, Bernie went to Ferrari about a possible match up between JV and MS and MS gave him an out right NO

Surprise, surprise. In 2003 JV was too good to be at Ferrari with Michael. He likes average drivers to play the supporting role to the obvious and extensive benefit of his own championship challenge. Rubens is by far the best Ferrari No. 2 of the Schumacher epoch. Next year, Massa gets the job

I have shown on countless occasions how Damon convincingly beat Jacques in 1996 and will revive the information if necessary. You have highlighted Jacques successes in 1996 and rightly pronounced it as

Interestingly enough, SPEED channel announced it's various awards for the 2005 Season today, and they agreed with my assessment that Button is the most seriously overrated driver on the Grid.

Just thought you'd like to know........

JV is WDC `97 oke.

And DC and RB are a bit better drivers, as by talent, as by results.

And DC and RB are not WDC.

So WDC does nothing sometimes, as example Moss is better than DH, JV, DC, RB, etc =)

I think the thing with JV is he started his career on a high, (having Hill as a team-mate and a Williams car as good as that helped) met Craig Pollock, joined BAR and it all fell down.
it did help, but at the end of the day he had to drive the thing. Not Damon, not Williams, Jacques drove the thing and proved he had what it takes to be a Champion. After Williams, it's purely a case of what may have been had he joined McLaren and not signed with BAR in '99. We may be talking about Jacques Villeneuve - 3 time World Champion had things worked out different! Look, right now, as I have always said, JV is past his prime and isn't the driver of his Williams or early BAR days. He's still got what it takes to be in F1, but he's not the force he once was.
but I believe that ole Craig has been sucking like a leech since J.V's CART days, I may be wrong.

he has, but it was JV who approached Craig to be his manager. JV will never dump Craig, they're pretty close.

When JV was matched against HHF in '97 he descimated him, nearly doubling his points total (81-42), outscoring him on pole positions 10-1, with 7 wins to HHF's sole victory at the San Marino GP (where JV retired on lap 40 with gearbox failure).
just to add to your sublime summation, JV was in the lead of that very race until gearbox problems emerged. These dropped him to P3 until he eventually retired.
JV is WDC `97 oke.

And DC and RB are a bit better drivers, as by talent, as by results.

Barrichello has been in the best F1 car from 2000-2004, and has won less races than JV. DC was in race winning machinery in '95 and from '97-'04, with him having the best car in '98 and '99. In all those years in competitive machinery he only has 13 wins compared to the 11 JV got in only 2 years. Since '97 JV has not had a car capable of consistant podium finished, let alone wins.