Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Most Overrated Drivers

Give it a rest on the if Kimi would treat his engines better hohaa. Mercedes are on record for apologizing to Kimi for failing him. Not even Sato can destroy an engine without crashing into someone or something in this day and age with all the telemetry and data feedback. It's not possible. If a driver was doing something abnormal or overly agressive, it would show up in the data. Even Renault, Toyoya and others have made comments about Mercedes' reliability. Not one word has been mentioned in the press about how it's Kimi's doing. It's not. Mercedes built a damn fast car but it's far from Ferrari like reliable.

Well I

it's due to dull conservative driving and incompetent mercedes engine manufacturing, not luck.

That I can agree with, but it still does not make FA lucky or overrated

never said he was lucky, he's just had some suprise position boosts due to mercedes' incompetance. If mercedes were not so rubbish at building engines, the WDC would bear a different name. basically fernando won through how bad mercedes have been reliability wise. It appears to me that the press over hype fernando just a bit, maybe it's different for you.

never said he was lucky, he's just had some suprise position boosts due to mercedes' incompetance. If mercedes were not so rubbish at building engines, the WDC would bear a different name. basically fernando won through how bad mercedes have been reliability wise. It appears to me that the press over hype fernando just a bit, maybe it's different for you.

I think FA is an extraordinary driver. He is not the next Schumi (there is only one Schumi), nor he is the next Senna, Fangio, etc. He is FA, period. Both him and Kimi will give us plenty of reasons to watch F1 on the years to come.

You are correct to point out that had mercedes-Mclaren given Kimi a more reliable car, he would have probably been WDC, but that did not happened and you can also say that FA in a faster car would have beaten all comers.

dull conservative driving

So was Michael

gets the job done, doesn't it?

obviously has for both Schumacher AND Alonso... just because they're not attention-whores like Kimi and Ron Dennis are.

Anyways my most overrated drivers can ya guess at least number one?......

in reverse order;

5: Felipe Massa

4: Jensen Button (though to be fair I think he overrates himself)

3: Antonio Pizzonia

2: Mark Webber

1: Kimi Raikkonen

1. Jenson Button

2. Mark Webber

3. Giancarlo Fisichela

4. Ralf Schumacer

5. Jaques Villeneuve

Its a no brainer guys. Massa and taku would also have joined that list had it been exhaustive.

Ridiculous :nono1:

I'm with narrain fan on this one. JV is a WDC. He's won Indy 500. He's won a title in Indy cars. How is he overated? He's never said he's going to win anything in the Sauber, and nor has anyone else. You're confusing your dislike for a driver with being overated. JV is one of the few peeps in the history of motorsport to be Indy Car Champ, WDC and to have won the Indy 500. His career hasn't been up in those lofty standards of late, but he's no failure by any means. Being overated means not only yourself but others proclaimed you'd do great things and didn't even come close to achieving that. GF shouldn't be on that list either. He's a good driver but hasn't ever been talked up as a WDC candidate or multiple race winner.

This topic is most overated (ie. To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly) drivers. Not a 1-5 of your most disliked drivers.

I can only name 2 names to be in this list without much pondering. Webber and Button. I don't recall there being much hype surrounding Trulli, RS, Fisi and other drivers really. They are good drivers, not great. So that immediately rules them out of the list. But we've been told over and over and over again that Webber and Button are future WDCs. So so far, they are overrated drivers. NK isn't overated as he was never rated to begin with. Same for Tiego. Sato is Sato and who needs to say anything about him. Fisi is good but doesn't have that killer touch to him. If it were not for the race wins this year, I'd be tempted to put JPM on this list as well as he has been talked up as a WDC. But in all fairness to him he did come close a year or 2 back so he may win one. Time will tell. But his instincts are shot if you ask me. Too many Sato like situations and crashed cars. DC possibly could be overrated but then again he has won quite a few races and such. Maybe for him he'd be classified as someone who maybe didnt' reach their full potential or he did reach it and we've seen it already. But realistically he's not overrated as with him too, I don't recall him being talked up serisouly as a WDC. Rubens... hmmm, I would say underachieving for him and not overrated. He's not been referred to as a champ. But with all those years in the Ferrari he shuold have gotten more wins I feel. Maybe he's just a nice guy and really honestly did do what Ferrari told him to do in terms of letting Schumi win lol.

I'm with narrain fan on this one. JV is a WDC. He's won Indy 500. He's won a title in Indy cars. How is he overated? He's never said he's going to win anything in the Sauber, and nor has anyone else. You're confusing your dislike for a driver with being overated. JV is one of the few peeps in the history of motorsport to be Indy Car Champ, WDC and to have won the Indy 500. His career hasn't been up in those lofty standards of late, but he's no failure by any means. Being overated means not only yourself but others proclaimed you'd do great things and didn't even come close to achieving that. GF shouldn't be on that list either. He's a good driver but hasn't ever been talked up as a WDC candidate or multiple race winner.

This topic is most overated (ie. To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly) drivers. Not a 1-5 of your most disliked drivers.

I can only name 2 names to be in this list without much pondering. Webber and Button. I don't recall there being much hype surrounding Trulli, RS, Fisi and other drivers really. They are good drivers, not great. So that immediately rules them out of the list. But we've been told over and over and over again that Webber and Button are future WDCs. So so far, they are overrated drivers. NK isn't overated as he was never rated to begin with. Same for Tiego. Sato is Sato and who needs to say anything about him. Fisi is good but doesn't have that killer touch to him. If it were not for the race wins this year, I'd be tempted to put JPM on this list as well as he has been talked up as a WDC. But in all fairness to him he did come close a year or 2 back so he may win one. Time will tell. But his instincts are shot if you ask me. Too many Sato like situations and crashed cars. DC possibly could be overrated but then again he has won quite a few races and such. Maybe for him he'd be classified as someone who maybe didnt' reach their full potential or he did reach it and we've seen it already. But realistically he's not overrated as with him too, I don't recall him being talked up serisouly as a WDC. Rubens... hmmm, I would say underachieving for him and not overrated. He's not been referred to as a champ. But with all those years in the Ferrari he shuold have gotten more wins I feel. Maybe he's just a nice guy and really honestly did do what Ferrari told him to do in terms of letting Schumi win lol.

I guess we all have different opinions

:cheers:

gets the job done, doesn't it?

obviously has for both Schumacher AND Alonso... just because they're not attention-whores like Kimi and Ron Dennis are.

Anyways my most overrated drivers can ya guess at least number one?......

in reverse order;

5: Felipe Massa

4: Jensen Button (though to be fair I think he overrates himself)

3: Antonio Pizzonia

2: Mark Webber

1: Kimi Raikkonen

Kimi an attention whore ?? what u talkin abt ?! Granted, he has been caught with his pants down a few times....I can guarantee u that was not for the publicity !

Can you tell me why Kimi is an attention whore?? Because he shuts up and drives fast?? Because he doesnt say more than two words in the press conferences?? Kindly elucidate

most over rated drivers in my view:

1) Button (he wins this by quite a margin)

2) Webber

3) Ralf (brilliant on his day....sad part is his day comes once in 3 seasons! he doesnt deserve that fat pay check)

4) Montiero

5) Massa (he hasnt done Sh#t to be in a Ferrari ! )

So what was FA supposed to do? When he had the best car he won, when he had no and his car was more than a half second per lap slower than Mclaren he has achieved allways (but in Canada) the maximun he could fight for. If you have no the best car and a big cushion of points what would you do? Would you take any unnecesary risk? Sorry to be so rude but someone has to be really crazy to consider FA is overrrated... Youngest ever driver in grabing a pole, fastest lap, win and WDC. Can you tell me which is his weakpoint?

I got astonished when some people here that doesn

I think he is overrated by the press who seem to think he is in a totally different class from kimi.

Oh great!!!! So any racer who is praised by the media is going to be overrated in your opinion? Very "fair" :clap3: Isn

Well what a surprise, another topic used as an excuse to bash Button - don't you losers have anything better to do.

As for my top 5, well:

1) Mark Webber, by far

2)Fernando Alonso - nice guy but apart from japan and imola he hasnt done anything special at all, yet people are calling him the next f1 legend (?!)

3) Actually I can't think of any more. I havent put ralf, monteiro etc cos whilst they may be bad, they're not rated highly anyway so can't really be called over-rated!

hahahaha you really are clueless mate. Fernando Alonso is World Champion. You'd better be kidding.

:eusa_think: My list:

1. Webber, vastly over-rated over-hyped.......

2. JPM, sorry Montoya fans he came to F1 as the next great thing he's had succes's but but for all the hoopla there should be more........

3. Fizzi, journeyman at best, inconsistant

4. D. C. his best is behind him.

5. Ralphie, see #3 above.

:eusa_think: My list:

1. Webber, vastly over-rated over-hyped.......

2. JPM, sorry Montoya fans he came to F1 as the next great thing he's had succes's but but for all the hoopla there should be more........

3. Fizzi, journeyman at best, inconsistant

4. D. C. his best is behind him.

5. Ralphie, see #3 above.

wow, gotta be 1st list w/o JB

Im off to bed now! Night guys!

wow, gotta be 1st list w/o JB

Im off to bed now! Night guys!

Don't get to c##key JR, I'm holding off till next year when he has RB to run against him in the same car, if RB spanks him then that won't bode well for the Brit........................

not purely due to merc. in races that kimi won fa was invariably second.. but in races alonso won where was kimi? there have been 4 e.f's. out of these 1ce he won,1ce 2nd 1ce 3rd , 1ce 4th.

infact as ron put it mclaren lost as they were ultra conservative in the 1st 4 races. not the case with alonso.

he has beem aggressive when needed conservative when needed. what else would u expect from an intelligent paddler who has more than 20pts lead in wd cship and is 2nd and nearest competitor is 1st (its no brainer that he wants the lead to be max). not like kimi who doesn't know to drive anything but flatout.he got fastest lap in the last lap at sstone. blew his engine at start of nxt gp( at turkey after his hot lap in quali his race engg in his radio was repeatedly mentioning "u r the lst man out go as slow as possible conserve tyres conserve fuel!!!!!! he wanted to be reminded via radio that u are not supposed to go flatout in in nd out laps .request u pple to stp alonso bashing . he is wdc... is wdc.. is wdc(and thats what matters .Credit where credit is due

Most overrated:

1. KR -- He may be one of the best, but usually somewhy the fact what his car also can do is ignored. Only one in similar car is JPM and this been JPM first season with few races missed. P.S. JPM accidents both on track or outside it dont count as if they would so would KR one and he definetly would fall out of grace then :mf_tongue: For better Analysis have to see next year with JPM better at home in Mclaren.

2. MW -- He is not failure, but still a lot less than majority expected before this year i think. Of course some of that can be put down to fact that majority underestimated NH who was equal with KR whole year.

3. FM -- has not done really anything special, will have to see how it goes in Ferrari. Not much to do altough as well, but JV is too close to him.

4. Fisi -- car might not suit his style, but he still looses way too much to FA (compared to JPM who also new to older teammate).

5. JB -- he is fast and consistant, but haunted by lack of success. Also contract issues darkens him despite them being outside track events. Next year second half should show far better picture what he can do.

TS was not really expected much i think. RS problem is the qualification, in race he usually does well (JPM SC ruined his strategy last race).

:congrats::tiphat: I agree with every word written! Brilliantly put!

funny how nobody challenges people when they say kimi is overrated.

Oh great!!!! So any racer who is praised by the media is going to be overrated in your opinion?

There is a difference between being praised and being over rated by the press.

he has beem aggressive

Wow, Alonso has driven aggressivley a whole 2 times (Imola and Japan).

Just because he's a wdc, doesn't mean he can't be overrated.

anyway, is the opinion of someone who rates narain karthikeyan really just? ;)

[

he has been aggressive

Wow, Alonso has driven aggressivley a whole 2 times (Imola and Japan)."

read my post dont quote me out of context .i said he has been agressive when needed and conservative when needed. "why would he be aggressive when he has consistently had kimi retire and take the race lead or be 20 secs behind kimi in 2nd place"lol,tyres to look after, use the rev limiter so that ngine can last 2 races unlike kimi who posted the fstest lap in the last lap at sstone and gained nthing asa result and blew up the nxt week