Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Most Overrated Drivers

I think button is hyped so much mainly cos he's british - us brits like to over-hype our sportsmen, and then completely knock them down if/when they underperform. Because of jensons image, the young handsome proud-to-be-english f1 racer, britain loves him and so naturally we praise him just like spaniards think alonso is amazing

I think button is hyped so much mainly cos he's british - us brits like to over-hype our sportsmen, and then completely knock them down if/when they underperform. Because of jensons image, the young handsome proud-to-be-english f1 racer, britain loves him and so naturally we praise him just like spaniards think alonso is amazing

Agreed, if next year FA doesn

anyway, is the opinion of someone who rates narain karthikeyan really just?

someone who think heidi should have got the mclaren drive ahead of kimi :rolleyes:

someone who think heidi should have got the mclaren drive ahead of kimi :rolleyes:

Heidi, Peter, Mrs Rotenmeyer and the grandfather would have won in Suzuka if they would have been in Fisco

I'll take th 15 bhp figure with a grain of salt until you prove it, its a ridiculous amount for an end session engine upgrade.

Fisi stuffed up. His car wasnt all there, but he should have held on. thats what you wanted to hear right?

I'll take th 15 bhp figure with a grain of salt until you prove it, its a ridiculous amount for an end session engine upgrade.

Fisi stuffed up. His car wasnt all there, but he should have held on. thats what you wanted to hear right?

I have nothing to prove... It

hello.flav told "we will come up with an upgraded e spec in china. had fisico had the update he wld have told"we will have the e spec ngine in japan. another case of bias frm rnault.jst shws how it is alonso's team. alonso gets the firstuse of all newupgrades :naughty::eusa_think:

You

That bugged me and made me feel he is rated just a bit too highly

He is just rated like a World Champion...ohh..he is world champion isnt it?

I guess so, but JA going on about him so so so much last race really bugged me. Maybe I'm being unfair on FA... ok, yes I am, I am being unfair. The real target should be James Allen

someone who think heidi should have got the mclaren drive ahead of kimi

Er.... yes he should have done. Kimi had proven himself much less than Nick when kimi got the drive. If kimi and nick both went to mclaren at the same time, nick would be (slightly, only slightly) kicking kimi's arse.

Nick's much better than NK so there wasn't even a point in saying that was there really?

I guess so, but JA going on about him so so so much last race really bugged me. Maybe I'm being unfair on FA... ok, yes I am, I am being unfair. The real target should be James Allen

This my reasonable Kaisersalsek!!!! :cheers:

u r wrong in brazil they introduced the d spec engine(for both!!)e spec will follow in china(acc to flavio)

Narain_fan, my source is FA!!! Maybe i

kiko I wanted proof for the horsepower figure you quoted.

Er.... yes he should have done. Kimi had proven himself much less than Nick when kimi got the drive. If kimi and nick both went to mclaren at the same time, nick would be (slightly, only slightly) kicking kimi's arse.

Nick's much better than NK so there wasn't even a point in saying that was there really?

My point is that having an opinion different from most other people does not mean you are not an objective observer. You'll agree with me that not too many people here will agree with what you said about the Nick - Kimi issue.

how the f*** can a former wdc be overrated

Of course they can. For instance we often hear how overrated MS is because he's never had a good teammate always had a good car blah blah blah...

I'm with narrain fan on this one. JV is a WDC. He's won Indy 500. He's won a title in Indy cars. How is he overated? He's never said he's going to win anything in the Sauber, and nor has anyone else. You're confusing your dislike for a driver with being overated. JV is one of the few peeps in the history of motorsport to be Indy Car Champ, WDC and to have won the Indy 500. His career hasn't been up in those lofty standards of late, but he's no failure by any means. Being overated means not only yourself but others proclaimed you'd do great things and didn't even come close to achieving that. GF shouldn't be on that list either. He's a good driver but hasn't ever been talked up as a WDC candidate or multiple race winner.

This topic is most overated (ie. To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly) drivers. Not a 1-5 of your most disliked drivers.

Yes but JV could still be overrated and more importantly it depends on when you rate him (as you even imply).

I would say Sato (by Honda, not the forum), JPM by some members, JB by other members, possibly KR and FA by some - basically it all depends on who is doing the rating imo.

for me the champion is the driver with the most wins and that one KImi is leading!! :king:

Sadly for you the FIA and motorsport community in general disagrees.... the rest of us value things called FINISHING and CONSISTENCY alongside the wins (any moron who's in the supreme car can win races), they have helped Alonso become the OFFICIAL WDC :king:

Kaiser: yeah count me as one of those that agree ^_^ (sorry Cav but its the way I see it)

Of course they can. For instance we often hear how overrated MS is because he's never had a good teammate always had a good car blah blah blah...

Yes but JV could still be overrated and more importantly it depends on when you rate him (as you even imply).

I would say Sato (by Honda, not the forum), JPM by some members, JB by other members, possibly KR and FA by some - basically it all depends on who is doing the rating imo.

he isnt overrated :king: (he is a fwdc) and is known for his race craft.if anything ,he is targeed by a section of the media(unreasonably)

if anything ,he is targeed by a section of the media(unreasonably)
indeed.

Well, if you rate him now, I don't think he's overrated. Noone has come out saying he was going to win in the Sauber or smash Massa or anything of the like. His season started off dismally but is now where I expected him to be, maybe a tad behind expectations, but no biggie. Of course I'd have liked to see him competitive and mixing it with the big boys, but the facts of the matter are that JV's prime is past (although he's still capable of showing the others a thing or two re. Imola and Spa), and the car isn't great

JV was a tad overrated by some during his Williams glory years, but I feel was underrated by some, during his best BAR season of 2000 (JV at his peak I feel), although I will acknowledge alot were more than fair in their assessment of him that season.

I remember that race well. JV could have won that race, or at least challenged right until the very end if his diff didn't screw up, but I was still very happy with P3 though.

There was no way he could have beaten the 2 dominant mclarens! P3 was the best he could hope for, good result though

hmm, actually, quite a few agree with me on that.
quite a few agree on karthikeyan its just that more disagree.
(sorry Cav but its the way I see it)

knew you dont rate Kimi much, but I did not know you had a very high regard for Heidi. or maybe you rate Kimi so low that Heidi slips past :P .

Will debate Montoya vs Kimi with you some other day, cant fight on so many fronts. have my hands full with Fizzy and Karthikeyan right now, with the ongoing battle against the Anti Ferrari anti Schumacher brigade.