Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mock

Mf1 Block Super Aguri

(GMM) Nine out of F1's ten teams have signed a document to help 'Super Aguri' launch a late bid for the 2006 grand prix grid.

After the FIA turned down the Honda-backed Japanese outfit, reportedly because of missing paperwork, Max Mosley invited team chief Aguri Suzuki to re-apply, with Williams' missed deadline in 1993 as a precedent.

But this publication can reveal that every team except Midland's 'MF1 Racing' has signed the document prepared by Super Aguri owing support to the Leafield based outfit. Without unanimity, Aguri cannot succeed in a late entry.

Midland's refusal is probably explained by the fact that only the top ten teams share F1's TV revenue each year. An eleventh team, therefore, would threaten Colin Kolles-led MF1's slice of the grand prix cake.

We can also reveal that 'Super Aguri' has already agreed to sign Bernie Ecclestone's 2008 Concorde Agreement, meaning that the F1 supremo will be keen to convince Midland - another signatory - to tow (sic) the line.

________________________________________________________________________________

I hope they get in, better for the sport and will make things more interesting, besides giving more drivers a crack at F1

This news will please Senna and Dan no end. I still want to know where the cars were coming from, though.

Midland dont want another team beating them... What difference does it make whether they qualify in 19th & 20th every race or 21st & 22nd???

I'm surprised that ferrari agreed to it, seeing as they usually enjoy doing whatever they can to ruin the sport! Bloody russians now I hate them too (as well as bmw and ferrari)

I suppose Ferrari figured that the chances of being beaten out of sight by Takuma Sato in a 4 year old car was pretty remote. Midland either think that Super Aguri are going to be quick, or that their own car is a bag of Sh#te.

It would mean less money for ChavF1 (sorry, I mean Midland F1). Pure and simple.

It would mean less money for ChavF1 (sorry, I mean Midland F1). Pure and simple.

:clap3:

Nine out of F1's ten teams have signed a document to help 'Super Aguri' launch a late bid for the 2006, besides giving more drivers a crack at F1

I just can't believe that the teams have such apparent disregard for safety - Super Aguri (Takuma Sato and potentially Narain Karthikeyan driving 4 year old chassis) is a disaster waiting to happen. I am glad MF1 did the right thing, the safe thing, and blocked their entry. Thank Heavens!

I just can't believe that the teams have such apparent disregard for safety - Super Aguri (Takuma Sato and potentially Narain Karthikeyan driving 4 year old chassis) is a disaster waiting to happen. I am glad MF1 did the right thing, the safe thing, and blocked their entry. Thank Heavens!

It would be highly entertaitining though!!!

And at the worst they would only hit the wall of 34 Red Bulls (Red bull, Torra rosa, porri gludi, pavi ducki ect...) parked in front of then on the grid

:lol::lol:

Well, this is another exaample (EU being another) where democratic organisations are infact undemocratic, due to the power of the veto. Darn MF1, The reason they are unhappy has nothing to do with the TV revenue of the 11th team, and all to do do with the fact that they are named after a flack packed furniture company, and Super Aguri will be using flat pack cars!

:D The Russian Mafia strike again.................

My sentiments exactly! Why is everyone else, seemingly oblivious to this fact? Speaking as someone whose favourite driver died in a crash, I know how dangerous F1 can be. I never want to experience that again.

My sentiments exactly! Why is everyone else, seemingly oblivious to this fact? Speaking as someone whose favourite driver died in a crash, I know how dangerous F1 can be. I never want to experience that again.

How quickly we (obviously not the two of us but, the rest of the forum members) forget...

How quickly we (obviously not the two of us but, the rest of the forum members) forget...

No Bajo...I dont

Damn! Thats sad news. I held my fingers crossed, as I did last time when similar thing was about to happen (few years ago when some millionare was going to participate using old prost chassis and engines bought from Arrows, if i recall right). I feel sympathy for attempts like that. Its old school! :)

Good point. We've said before that safety in F1 should come first so I agree that MF1 has taken the correct stance.

Ah, speak for yourself you old crone. :lol::lol::lol:

Senna was/is/always will be a true F1 legend. The end!

Good point. We've said before that safety in F1 should come first so I agree that MF1 has taken the correct stance.

Safety is of paramount importance, undoubtably.

I'm surprised that ferrari agreed to it, seeing as they usually enjoy doing whatever they can to ruin the sport! Bloody russians now I hate them too (as well as bmw and ferrari)

What have Ferrari done to ruin F1?...Really,mate, love em or hate them they've been passionate about F1 since its inception, and they respect the TRADITION of F1.....Ferrari havent always been competitive at all times, and they have 'raised the bar' in the last decade and pushed all other teams to produce some mindblowing cars....Do you have the impression they are favored by the FIA or is it some other weak reference to the michelin tyre width fiasco from a few years ago? Or maybe you dont like the idea of team orders in F1?...As for MF1 not agreeing to allow Super Aguri in, Im the 1st person to want to see a new team on the grid, but if you had a team that was struggling to be competitive and you had fulfilled all the guidelines the season before to ensure your spot in F1, why would you authorize a new competitor to short-cut their way in?

What have Ferrari done to ruin F1?...Really,mate, love em or hate them they've been passionate about F1 since its inception, and they respect the TRADITION of F1.....Ferrari havent always been competitive at all times, and they have 'raised the bar' in the last decade and pushed all other teams to produce some mindblowing cars....Do you have the impression they are favored by the FIA or is it some other weak reference to the michelin tyre width fiasco from a few years ago? Or maybe you dont like the idea of team orders in F1?...As for MF1 not agreeing to allow Super Aguri in, Im the 1st person to want to see a new team on the grid, but if you had a team that was struggling to be competitive and you had fulfilled all the guidelines the season before to ensure your spot in F1, why would you authorize a new competitor to short-cut their way in?

Indeed, they must gain entry on merit...............

Damn! Thats sad news. I held my fingers crossed, as I did last time when similar thing was about to happen (few years ago when some millionare was going to participate using old prost chassis and engines bought from Arrows, if i recall right). I feel sympathy for attempts like that. Its old school! :)

What happened to the Arden team - there were rumours of them wanting to join F1 some time bac k - anyone has any further information ????