Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

2006 Predictions

Isnt it funny how so many members spout off about how crap Button is, yet everyone including these members always puts button in their top 3/4/5. I'm not talking about you cristiano

Isnt it funny how so many members spout off about how crap Button is, yet everyone including these members always puts button in their top 3/4/5. I'm not talking about you cristiano

Yep. I'm laughing so hard my socks have fallen off.

*may not be true*

Well I by no means rate him as cr@p, but rather as a fairly good driver but ill warn you not to expect him in the top 4 this season!

Well I by no means rate him as cr@p, but rather as a fairly good driver but ill warn you not to expect him in the top 4 this season!

Jenson Button is not so much inferior than Alonso or Raikkonen and he is definitely the 4th best driver on the grid,despite he still has no F.1 wins in his curriculum...so why should one not expect him in the top 4 next season?Honda,according to many, is being very quick and in testing with V8 has just been slower than Renault and Ferrari

Jenson Button is not so much inferior than Alonso or Raikkonen and he is definitely the 4th best driver on the grid,despite he still has no F.1 wins in his curriculum...so why should one not expect him in the top 4 next season?Honda,according to many, is being very quick and in testing with V8 has just been slower than Renault and Ferrari

The 4 BEST drivers in F1 (in no particular order), M.Schumacher, Alonso, Raikkonen, Montoya!

the 4th is either montoya or button, but due to montoya's driving at times, jenson wud normally be placed 4th!

the 4th is either montoya or button, but due to montoya's driving at times, jenson wud normally be placed 4th!

Personally I would put Montoya ahead due to the fact he has won several races, as well as the indy Championship & the Indy 500. Button probably around 5th best currently, Heidfeld 6th.

but when you look at the machinery, montoya technically should have won a championship by now, he had the best car in 2003!

but when you look at the machinery, montoya technically should have won a championship by now, he had the best car in 2003!

Thats debatable... About the same as saying Kimi had the best car in 2005. The FIA made sure they ended JPM's championship at the US grand prix of 2003 anyway.

was that the 1 where he jumped into the spare car? Anyway, thats not the point, he failed to use the advantage he had thus lost the championship, and the car cannot be blamed, so the blame must fall squarely on Montoya!

I do agree that both of these drivers are smooth, but the fact is to become a world champion you need a bit of a rugged edge.

Prost?

was that the 1 where he jumped into the spare car? Anyway, thats not the point, he failed to use the advantage he had thus lost the championship, and the car cannot be blamed, so the blame must fall squarely on Montoya!

Wasn

Indeed! Montoya has also benefitted (up until now) of having a mediocre teamate in RS but he has never shined against him, he has beaten him, but never wiped the floor with RS! This would lead me to believe JPM is not WDC material (if he cant do it in the BEST car or the QUICkEST car then what hope does he have) Because JB has never had JPM's oppotunities we can still say he is possible WDC material and thus that is why he should be ranked 4th as he has not yet had the opportunities and JPM has but failed to use them!

:clap3:
:sleep1: Ive already giving my view on this to Funky Jay.

But I have no need to argue, im quite sure Fernando will do the talking on the track.

Thanks cavallino for the support, but Wez and I have agreed to table our disagreement until the season starts, and then the results will tell the tale!!!!! May the best prognosticator win........

Funkejay makes some good points, but I think Alonso is just so substantially better than Fizzy that the Spaniard will still triumph, regardless of him enduring a less favourable situation within Renault in 2006 (compared to 2005).

Why thank you Senna, now I think I've been too hard on you in the past.........

But as I've told Wez, although I think Fisi will do better than FA next year, I'm by no means certain of it, and I must give FA credit where credit is due. He had a tremendous year in '05, and if as JV thinks, he can carry that momentum into '06, then he may just be unstoppable (at least by Fisi in the intra-team battle).

Prost?
My thoughts exactly.

yup...... me too

Prost?

Fair enough, Thats an exception, but for the most part its not the case.

Alonso/Senna/JV/Mansell/Schumacher

Wasn

Yes wez thats true. Anyway ben what is it with you and senna always saying williams had the best car in 2003??? THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR THAT SO STOP SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes wez thats true. Anyway ben what is it with you and senna always saying williams had the best car in 2003??? THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR THAT SO STOP SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, it was the F2003GA :thbup:

Indeed, it was the F2003GA :thbup:

In 2003, there were races where michelin had a clear advantage and races where bridgestone had the advantage. Just look at france, germany, hungary, malaysia - in those races michelin were MUCH faster than bridgestone. But there were also plenty of races where bridgestone had the upper hand, and MS won 5 or 6 races, kimi only won 1. You can't just say "JPM should've won, williams had the best car" cos the wiliams wasnt the best car

the fact that Jpm and Ralf were multiple race winners in '03 says a lot about the car...

the fact that Jpm and Ralf were multiple race winners in '03 says a lot about the car...

They still didn't win as many or score more points than Ferrari...........case closed.......................

ralf only won 2 or 3 races, I think jpm only won twice. DC won, Fisi won, Alonso won, Kimi won, Rubens won, MS won - it was a great season but how the hell can we know if the williams was the best car

They still didn't win as many or score more points than Ferrari...........case closed.......................

well,that has got something to do with who drives the car :P

WHICH IS MY POINT,THOUGH jPM and rALF had the best car they messed up the title challenge

ralf only won 2 or 3 races, I think jpm only won twice. DC won, Fisi won, Alonso won, Kimi won, Rubens won, MS won - it was a great season but how the hell can we know if the williams was the best car

both ralf and monty won two races(when they won they were utterly dominant,the credit for which goes to the car