Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso Criticizes Team And Teammate Again

I don't think Alonso is 'settling for podiums'. He and the team are pushing hard as the threat from Michael and Ferrari is one to be wary of, very wary.

You said you'd support any opponent of MS but surely you must want that c#cky little spaniard to lose, even if it is to the red baron?

well FA was apparently quoted yesterday as saying that last year's challenge from McLaren was a lot tougher and a lot less predictable than Ferrari's challenge this year.

Personally i thought last year looked pretty cushy for him - though maybe my eyes were so firmly fixed on the little red cars i missed loads. I'd say more likely hes just playing mind games with the maestro :blink:

You said you'd support any opponent of MS but surely you must want that c#cky little spaniard to lose, even if it is to the red baron?

I said I'd support any opponent of M$, and Alonso is just that. That should answer your question.

Further, I don't see Alonso as being c#cky. Sure I didn't like his attitude towards Rossi earlier this year, but apart from that, I've noticed an increase in self confidence which borders on arrogance, and as long as he keeps justifying it on track, then I have no problem with it, none at all.

Well if he thinks renault don't help him, then I look forward to seeing his reaction when his engines break down, something he's not used to!

I think Alonso was talking about Fisi not being consistently close to the front and taking points away from Michael rather than the team itself.

Yes you're right. Well I'm going to say that he'll complain about mclaren, cos i feel like it! i'm very tired today i'm not really making sense even to myself, only got 5 hours sleep

Well I'm going to say that he'll complain about mclaren, cos i feel like it! i'm very tired today i'm not really making sense even to myself, only got 5 hours sleep

:lol:

Big night last night mate?

Karaoke night!!! I sang 'i believe in a thing called love' by the darkness (yep I can do the high notes) and had a good time, got home at about 1 (sober of course) and wife's alarm went off at 6am, nice

Well if he thinks renault don't help him, then I look forward to seeing his reaction when his engines break down, something he's not used to!

Why do people think Alonso only started racing with Renault for 2005 when they had a reliable car?

2001 Minardi - 8 retirement's (7 of which mechanical failure's, possibly the 8th aswell)

2003 Renault - 5 retirement's (All mechanical failure's)

2004 Renault - 5 retirement's (1 offically mechanical, but i know they all are really mechanical like USGP when he had a tire blow at the end of the straight...extremely mechanically flawed car the R24)

2005 Renault - 2 retirement's (Canada being the first retirement i can pin to driver error and USGP offically called "withdrew"...counted it as a retirement though since it was caused by a mechanical flaw)

2006 Renault - 0 retirement's (so far)

Alonso's career was payed for by his parent's who where not rich and sponsorship, only way he could justify the investment and keep the money coming was by winning and finishing race's so he dosent take any race for granted giving us an ultra consistant champion fully deserving of all his achievements.

Alonso's career was payed for by his parent's who where not rich and sponsorship, only way he could justify the investment and keep the money coming was by winning and finishing race's so he dosent take any race for granted giving us an ultra consistant champion fully deserving of all his achievements.

Yes, but Alonso was'nt really winning in his first years, and he really made stupid mistakes. I remember him fiddling with buttons on a qualifying lap and he went off at a corner. By the way, Kimi's father had 3 jobs to support him, they had an outside toilet. Alonso's upbringing still a wealthy comparison to Kimi...

Well Jenson is from a little town called Frome just half an hours drive from me and its very nice, so he doesnt deserve anything!

Yes, but Alonso was'nt really winning in his first years, and he really made stupid mistakes. I remember him fiddling with buttons on a qualifying lap and he went off at a corner. By the way, Kimi's father had 3 jobs to support him, they had an outside toilet. Alonso's upbringing still a wealthy comparison to Kimi...

self confessed by Kimi to be normal, i'm sure it's alot easier for a driver from Finland to progress giving the countrys racing heritage aswell. Didnt his brother race aswell? and Kimi started out on bikes? hardly poverty with such hobbie's in the family

The Alonso v Kimi debate rages on, although I don't understand how being poor as a kid makes 1 any better than the other. Damon Hill had it harder than both of them so there!

...only way he could justify the investment and keep the money coming was by winning and finishing race's so he dosent take any race for granted giving us an ultra consistant champion fully deserving of all his achievements.

We think Alonso and Kimi(don't know if Player agrees on Kimi) did well despite the circumstances they come from Jem, as Player puts it delicately above.....

We think Alonso and Kimi(don't know if Player agrees on Kimi) did well despite the circumstances they come from Jem, as Player puts it delicately above.....

They have worked harder then some to get where they are and did use mostly talent to achieve it, i was simply giving a possible explaination why Alonso is so consistant.

They have worked harder then some to get where they are and did use mostly talent to achieve it, i was simply giving a possible explaination why Alonso is so consistant.

For once we agree!!!!!!!!!! :clap3:

Fernando Alonso has gently criticised team-mate Giancarlo Fisichella for playing a quiet role in the battle for the 2006 World Championship.

The Spaniard was confined to third place at the start of Magny Cours' F1 race last Sunday when title rival Michael Schumacher's team-mate, Felipe Massa, assertively closed down a passing move.

"Schumacher was able to take advantage of Massa's work," Alonso was quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper Diario de Noticias.

Surely referring to Fisichella, who meandered around in sixth or seventh place throughout the French Grand Prix event, he added: "Unfortunately, not everyone can benefit from the same things. I always race alone without any help."

Fisichella has had just three podium finishes so far this year.

He doesn't get any help from his team mates?

well you can look at it both ways

1) its a dig at Fisico

or

2) it's also a Double entendre

1) if he believes he doesn't recieve help from his team mate and races alone then strike me dead NOW, does anyone remeber china at all?

Fisico was told to STACK (after the fIA out lawed it when kimi stacked in Spa to his advantage, and there was no rule saying it was illegal).

The FIA basically said, anyone that stacks will rceieve an automatic drive through penalty, Fisico and alonso were fighting it out with Mclaren over the CC, and Renault told Fisico to stack, to allow alonso to take the lead, and block other people i.e kimi raikkonen, alonso got that race victory thanks to Fisico stacking, who became the fall guy and recieved a DRIVE THROUGH penalty.

Fisico stacked (illegal) got a drive through penalty, to ensure Alonso won the race, to

a) win the WCC for Renault

B ) to equal the amount of wins Kimi had won, because as RD said it would be unthinkable the challenger winning more races than the champion LOL

2) i think Alonso might actually be playing the Double entendre, not only could he be making an observation at the lack of help he recieves from Fisico, but also gently remind people, remember ferrari always have these team orders, and that recently we have senn, how do you say in english? well in Ferrari PC speak, Massa being more of a team player, and interfering with things alot more.

Fisico was told to STACK (after the fIA out lawed it when kimi stacked in Spa to his advantage, and there was no rule saying it was illegal).

The FIA basically said, anyone that stacks will rceieve an automatic drive through penalty, Fisico and alonso were fighting it out with Mclaren over the CC, and Renault told Fisico to stack, to allow alonso to take the lead, and block other people i.e kimi raikkonen, alonso got that race victory thanks to Fisico stacking, who became the fall guy and recieved a DRIVE THROUGH penalty.

Fisico stacked (illegal) got a drive through penalty, to ensure Alonso won the race, to

:D Thanks for that, no one believes me when I keep telling them about the use of team orders by Renault last year. Also Turkey, not to mention miscellaneous convenient 'fuel rig' problems.

(I am one of the only two Fisi fans here - and the other one is MIA, it gets lonely :( )

:D Thanks for that, no one believes me when I keep telling them about the use of team orders by Renault last year. Also Turkey, not to mention miscellaneous convenient 'fuel rig' problems.

(I am one of the only two Fisi fans here - and the other one is MIA, it gets lonely :( )

you're welcome, i think fisico is treated poorly by the team, just like trulli was, and personally Fisico is used as the renault fall guy, and anyone that believes renault do not operate team orders are kidding themselves, remember Canada 2005, screaming over the radio, 'i'm faster, i'm faster'.

FA got all hot and bothered, if he was faster he would have easily taken Fisico (as in actually passing when racing as most other drivers have done), but no instead he was bitching on the radio, because he believes he should have the devine right to be ahead of his team mate.

at mclaren, first rule is beat your team mate, alonso will soon find that out :king:

I agree almost entirely, with the proviso that Giancarlo is not doing himself any favours. It seems that, like Jarno, he can become discouraged easily. Then it becomes easier for people to point the finger.

Did you know that if 1999 was using the current points system, Irvine would've been world champion that year? You learn something new every day. Now back to your discussion...

Did you know that if 1999 was using the current points system, Irvine would've been world champion that year? You learn something new every day. Now back to your discussion...

Ii think this current points system sucks, to be honest Alonso has exploited it very well, it encourages more of a conservative approach to racing.

i also never liked the old 'count back' system either

we need to revert to the old scoring system, then we will really see how the conservative likes of Fernando can handle pressure :eusa_think:

The new points system seemed like a good idea at the time, cos MS had just secured the 02 title by the French GP, but now its definately a bad thing in my view. If a driver gets a good start to the season its almost impossible to catch him up, but my main issue is that there should be more reward for winning the race, like possibly making it 12-8-6-5-etc, cos alonso can finish 30 secs behind schu from now on and still win the title

And in 2003 kimi only won 1 race, compared to MS's 5 or 6, yet still it went down to the wire - not right really. We've seen that in 96,97,98,99,00 there are great title fights that last to the end using the old points system!

Ii think this current points system sucks, to be honest Alonso has exploited it very well, it encourages more of a conservative approach to racing.

i also never liked the old 'count back' system either

we need to revert to the old scoring system, then we will really see how the conservative likes of Fernando can handle pressure :eusa_think:

At this point Alonso would still be ahead and by 17 point's, cant finish second for the rest of the season but you'd be a fool to think Alonso isent aiming for win's with this system anyway (until he is blocked for a massive part of the race by Massa and cant make up the time)