Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Film Thread

Bruno,is that the 2nd part of Borat or something like that?I think I heard something about it,will watch it no doubt! :D

Bruno is German, Borat is Kazakhstani!

Yeah, Transformers 2 is awful. Apart from the parts with Megan Fox in, they were enjoyable...

Er...surely you mean the other way round (that is, assuming you aren't the other way round...tongue.gif )

Heard Bruno is pretty poor as well, at least when inevitably compared with Borat.

Well, the reviews say wait for the unrated DVD, where absolutely no punches are pulled. Anyway, I've already decided to like this movie. (True, I often decide to like a movie in advance. For example, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, etc)

haha alright,understood.

Anyway,if it has the same sense of humour Borat has,I'll like it.(I think)

Not German, it's Austrian. Same difference anyway.

While it's on the lips of the F1 world, Hitler was Austrian, but spoke German & used the Germans for propaganda!

Er...surely you mean the other way round (that is, assuming you aren't the other way round...tongue.gif )

Well, the reviews say wait for the unrated DVD, where absolutely no punches are pulled. Anyway, I've already decided to like this movie. (True, I often decide to like a movie in advance. For example, Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, etc)

Ha, my phrasing wasn't very good there! :D I meant: Transformers 2 is awful, except for the parts with Megan Fox in, they were enjoyable.

I'll have to give Bruno a chance to see if it lives up to hype.

Saw 'Soul Men'. A hilarious comedy! Samuel Jackson & Bernie Mac sure have more funny bones than anyone else! Of course, both being blacks, the N-word is freely used, but all in good humour. For example, Bernie Mac, who's fiddling with SJ's gun, says he's a member of NRA. When the gun goes off, SJ explodes, "NRA, my a##! Negro Retards' Association' :D Do see the movie, it's great fun!

Last film I watched was Summer of Sam, a Spike Lee Joint. Great film, of course. Brilliant soundtrack, what with The Who featuring. I really gotta watch more of his movies, the only other one of his that I know I've seen is Do The Right Thing, which is also a great film.

Last film I watched was Summer of Sam, a Spike Lee Joint. Great film, of course. Brilliant soundtrack, what with The Who featuring. I really gotta watch more of his movies, the only other one of his that I know I've seen is Do The Right Thing, which is also a great film.

Will check out these 2. In return you should see 'Inside Man', another good one from Spike. About your sig, I echo the first part. cool.gif

Watched 'How High', very funny movie about 2 black stoners doing well in Harvard! biggrin.gif

I watched The Pathfinder on DVD. Loved it!

Saw Wolverine - and every part with him in it was enjoyable. ;)

I saw 30 seconds of Transformers 2. I didn't enjoy it. Don't see it.

Someone I know dressed up as Harry Potter and went to see it. I'm embarrassed to live in the same town as that person. I don't intend on seeing it. It said it was the best one ever. So it probably wasn't good if it enjoyed it. There's my review. Hope it helps.

Phew, finally watched 'Hangover'. Loved it. Total escapist fare. The scene where Alan simulates the baby wanking is outrageously funny. Movie rating: 9/10.

Edit: the only disappointment was the censoring of Heather Graham's titty. It's injustice by the Indian censors.

However, the all-time best stoner movie remains 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas'. Aah..what is it about Vegas & getting stoned?

However, the all-time best stoner movie remains 'Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas'. Aah..what is it about Vegas & getting stoned?

:thbup:

Yeah, that icon doesn't work. But I agree, that film is cool.

Saw 'District 9'. Superb movie! Though the movie style is akin to 'Cloverfield' (gritty-reality-no gloss-shaky cam), there's plenty of humour. It takes digs at many of the 'established' norms about aliens. For instance, it does indicate that aliens have private parts like us (& like us, they keep it covered sad.gif ) & they do pee (you gotta see the green p**s!). Another example is about the space ship landing in Johanessburg rather than the usual American cities. (it's said so in fact!) Then there's something about "interspecies prostitution" naughty.gif . And of course, you've the protagonist humping an alien clap3.gif . Thankfully, there's no pseudo-techno mumbo-jumbo either. Go see it, there's great action in this movie. And yeah, I'm eagerly waiting for the sequel 'District 10'. I do hope that they close with the next one. If there's anything I dislike, it's making unending shoddy sequels.

That sounds pretty good, I was going to see District 9, but ended up seeing the old tale of Dorian Gray - not the kind of thing I'd usually watch, but it was entertaining enough.

Death Note. Love it love it love it.

Also watched Layer Cake on the advice of Jay and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheers!

Watched 2 good movies. 'Stop loss' & 'Buffalo Soldiers'. The first in a serious way, & the latter in a light vein, tell us the same thing. That soldiers too are people like us, who'd like nothing better than a 'normal' life. It's not often patriotism that drives people to 'defend' the country (or a religion). I do wonder that if all humans, more specifically the men, get all the basic needs, would they feel like picking up arms? I guess not.

'Descent' is a superb horror movie. It made me feel extremely claustrophobic, sort of suffocating me.

Is that the one with the 4 girls in the cave? If so, I wholeheartedly agree.

I've just watched 'Fear and Loathing' as you reco'd me. Amazing!

This is relevant. But I had to do this.

30031161-c020846aeef681b48112eee228.jpg

That is Jensen Ackles, star of Supernatural as one of the Winchester boys and My Bloody Valentine which I watched, and is quite good. (Relevant reco)

But holy mackerel with sweet chilli sauce he's hot. Yes please!

Jim Jarmusch's latest offering - The Limits Of Control. In his words - an action film without action.

Can't wait to see it.

Hope to see 'Antichrist' too.

Will see 'Transformers 2' now. Hope I emerge alive.