Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted May 13, 2009 Just saw Fast and Furious 4... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Grabthaw the Hammerslayer 4 Report post Posted May 14, 2009 While awaiting for P3 to start, I am watching "Religolous". I don't want to start any religious debate but boy, I am laughing so hard! Just saw this myself recently. Funniest moment was when that US Senator said: "well you don't have to have an IQ test to be a senator", then realised what he had said. The look of horror on his face was priceless. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Cinco 30 Report post Posted May 14, 2009 Not sure anyone here would enjoy it...but we finished watching "Glory" in US History. Even if it wasn't all that accurate, it was a good movie. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted May 15, 2009 Not sure anyone here would enjoy it...but we finished watching "Glory" in US History. Even if it wasn't all that accurate, it was a good movie. Yea, as if we don't have enough American history lessons. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jean Todt 4 Report post Posted May 15, 2009 How about Soundtracks? I love the tracks from Blood diamond... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Quiet One 15 Report post Posted May 15, 2009 Saw "Dead Man". Simply outstanding movie. Great story, great acting all around (Johnny Depp is magnificient), great background score/music. It can be thought of as a dark humor movie in major parts. Never knew Jim Jarmusch made such good movies. You just have to see this movie.Also saw "Bolt". Think of it as "The Truman Show" extrapolated to a cute dog. Immensely enjoyable. Jim Jarmusch is a giant. And Dead Man is one of his greatest movies. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted May 19, 2009 Saw two awesome movies. "The Fall" is superb in all respects. The little gal, Catinca Untaru, will tug open your heartstrings with her performance. Her heartbreaking innocence is heartwarming as well. For eg she says, "I'm not a child. I'm five years old." Oh, and she's so lovely, I really wished she was my daughter. Her aside, the other actor Lee Pace is superb as well. As if the story/acting wasn't enough, the visuals too are stunning. Do watch it. I'll be gobsmacked if you dont' shed a tear or two. "Wendy & Lucy" is a depressing (good though) movie. A woman on hard times & her beloved dog. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted May 23, 2009 Saw the Italian movie "Gomorra". It doesn't have any specific story, it's just a slice of life from a seedy, crime-infested locality. But shown fairly realistically and somewhat entertaining. Do see it, if you have nothing else to do. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted May 23, 2009 Jim Jarmusch is a giant. And Dead Man is one of his greatest movies. HOOTKA! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted May 30, 2009 Saw "The Wrestler". The movie's good, though with a bleak streak. Mickey Rourke deserved the Oscar nomination. And yes, Marisa Tomei!!! Va va voom! Well, I think director Darren Aronofsky may have made a serious version of the South Korean movie "Banchikwang" (aka The foul king). The South Korean movie, also with the WWE style wrestling at its core, was a smash hit comedy. Don't miss either of these movies. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jenson_Rules 0 Report post Posted May 31, 2009 I saw Star Trek the other night. I hated all the previous films and TV series mainly because it was geeky and just plain rubbish. The new one was quite enjoyable though. Still a little nerdy but on the whole a good action film! I am now going to go see Terminator tomorrow maybe, and then will be waiting for Transformers which is the film I'm most looking forward to this year!!! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 1, 2009 Saw 'Valkyrie'. Good movie, good acting all around (yeah, the guy who otherwise jumps on a sofa has acted well). Had seen another WW2 related movie some months back. It went by the name 'The boy in striped pyjamas'. Absolute gem of a movie. It's touching to see the friendship between an imprisoned Jewish kid & a German kid. You'll find it difficult to hold back tears. A must-see, this one. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rainmaster 7 Report post Posted June 1, 2009 Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is the last film I saw, absolutely hilarious. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 1, 2009 Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story is the last film I saw, absolutely hilarious. +1 You saw the unrated version, I hope? Jenna Fischer is sexxxxxxxxxxy. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 6, 2009 Watched the stoner comedy "Pineapple Express". Quite a nice way to waste time. Also watched another nice comedy "Fanboys". Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 7, 2009 Saw "Glengarry Glen Ross". A nice movie, with excellent acting all around, especially Pacino(surprise!). Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 29, 2009 Celebrated MJ's death with "Terminator Salvation" & garlic bread & pizza. The first one was fell short of good, the next 2 were exceedingly good. Also saw "Wolverine". Again, like "TS", it's ruined by stupid PG13 ratings. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
mikathegreat2 2 Report post Posted June 29, 2009 Salvation is awesome! The director really went back in time with a few scenes & it was'nt too predictable @ all! Very good, recommend it to all action movie lovers! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Jez 0 Report post Posted June 30, 2009 Salvation is awesome! The director really went back in time with a few scenes & it was'nt too predictable @ all! Very good, recommend it to all action movie lovers! Yep if you watch it for what it is, it's not actually that bad. I was pleasantly surprised after reading all the crap reviews. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted June 30, 2009 Anyone seen 'Hangover' yet? Going by the reviews & opinions of pals, it's one hell of a comedy. Also eagerly waiting for 'Bruno'. I'm fairly certain Sacha Baron Cohen has taken the mickey out of those faggoty fashion designers who use stick thin models. If you're one to be politically correct, stay away from this one! Also caught 'Kite Runner' on HBO. Had seen it a long time back, it's a very good movie, though my cousin says the book was far more moving. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Cinco 30 Report post Posted June 30, 2009 Anyone seen 'Hangover' yet? Watch it Jay. Watch it now. I think you know I am not a movie guy but that movie is hilarious. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
elgo 1 Report post Posted July 7, 2009 Anyone seen 'Hangover' yet? Going by the reviews & opinions of pals, it's one hell of a comedy. Also eagerly waiting for 'Bruno'. I'm fairly certain Sacha Baron Cohen has taken the mickey out of those faggoty fashion designers who use stick thin models. If you're one to be politically correct, stay away from this one! Also caught 'Kite Runner' on HBO. Had seen it a long time back, it's a very good movie, though my cousin says the book was far more moving. Bruno,is that the 2nd part of Borat or something like that?I think I heard something about it,will watch it no doubt! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted July 7, 2009 Bruno,is that the 2nd part of Borat or something like that?I think I heard something about it,will watch it no doubt! Not a sequel to Borat, but yeah, the same political incorrectness is carried on! Yes, it's a must-see! A friend who watched the trailer told me Bruno exchanges his iPod for an African baby! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
LabradoRacer 2 Report post Posted July 7, 2009 Anyone watched 'Transformers 2'? Apparently, it's a trashy movie. Anyway, who can argue against a director/movie that's collected $$$$$ at the b.o? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Rainmaster 7 Report post Posted July 7, 2009 Yeah, Transformers 2 is awful. Apart from the parts with Megan Fox in, they were enjoyable... Heard Bruno is pretty poor as well, at least when inevitably compared with Borat. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites