Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jean Todt

The Most Beautiful Cars!

I don't really know if you have seen that car in flesh, but that car was sold out for 2008 about nearly 6months back.

I like that car! :D ...errr.. SUV!

I've seen a few already! & it's an SUV/Coup

Does this qualify as a beautiful car ?

I used to have a Renault 5. I loved that car. Mechanically bomb-proof (unlike subsequent Renaults...) although the electrics were a bit iffy. Drove 75,000 miles in three years in it and it only conked out once with a dodgy coil.

Funny thing was that someone broke into it once - rather than nicking the radio, the only thing they took was the

Just how many Austin A40's are kicking around California? I would truly amazed if that was the frst car that popped into your head when thinking of the Renault 5's inspiration.

As the world's largest consumer nation, it shouldn't surprise you that an A40 is kicking around here. As a lover of cars that I am, and have proven to be over the years, it also shouldn't surprise you that I know of the A40.

You were talking styling, I was talking styling and concept. Not only that but the only relationship between the Renault 5 and the A40 is the hatch, the styling is a world apart. Other cars that followed the 5, however truly did mimick it.

Ah, so you were broadening the conversation! Here I thought you were just being argumentative (considering my post you responded to was, obviously, a playful, good-humored one). The A40 was not only one of the first hatchbacks, it was also one of the first 'econo-sized' cars that also had a hatchback. That describes the Renault 5 perfectly and you can see the similarities if you choose to, instead of just being contrary. When you say the styling is 'worlds apart' you're quite correct. One has great styling the other, sh!t.

I used to have a Renault 5. I loved that car. Mechanically bomb-proof (unlike subsequent Renaults...) although the electrics were a bit iffy. Drove 75,000 miles in three years in it and it only conked out once with a dodgy coil.

Funny thing was that someone broke into it once - rather than nicking the radio, the only thing they took was the

As the world's largest consumer nation, it shouldn't surprise you that an A40 is kicking around here. As a lover of cars that I am, and have proven to be over the years, it also shouldn't surprise you that I know of the A40.

Well, surprise me it does.

Ah, so you were broadening the conversation! Here I thought you were just being argumentative (considering my post you responded to was, obviously, a playful, good-humored one). The A40 was not only one of the first hatchbacks, it was also one of the first 'econo-sized' cars that also had a hatchback. That describes the Renault 5 perfectly and you can see the similarities if you choose to, instead of just being contrary. When you say the styling is 'worlds apart' you're quite correct. One has great styling the other, sh!t.

You say you were just talking about styling and yet you admit your choice of the A40 was based on wider criteria. You can't have it both ways.

What do the old farts here think of this new Jag? :D

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090111.001/mi...tos-and-details

I think I qualify. I like the XK, but jaguar seem to have a problem with being able to properly execute performance variants without making them look a bit heavy handed. They have come a long way since the XJ40 series with the XJR and some of the crass XJS's but they still feel the need to shout. To me, it almost insults their customer demographic, who let's face it, could buy a Mercedes, Audi or BMW instead. Also, Jaguar's UK television adverts are cringeworthy. They have way too many words and blab on about how beautiful their cars are. No one likes to have subjective style choices made for them. It's a shame because under the skin cars like the latest XJ are still absolute cutting edge.

I think I qualify. I like the XK, but jaguar seem to have a problem with being able to properly execute performance variants without making them look a bit heavy handed. They have come a long way since the XJ40 series with the XJR and some of the crass XJS's but they still feel the need to shout. To me, it almost insults their customer demographic, who let's face it, could buy a Mercedes, Audi or BMW instead. Also, Jaguar's UK television adverts are cringeworthy. They have way too many words and blab on about how beautiful their cars are. No one likes to have subjective style choices made for them. It's a shame because under the skin cars like the latest XJ are still absolute cutting edge.

I completely agree with you.

Those pronounced or tall intakes on the bumber (side) looks out of place for anotherwise beautiful front end.

Jaguars have beautiful shapes and they are spoiled by unwanted inserts coloured to stand out of the car, which only spoils the design. I agree that they would look for other brands. Now even Mercedes seem to be getting it wrong. Audi seems to right on track for the moment.

What do the old farts here think of this new Jag? :D

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090111.001/mi...tos-and-details

Harumph. Cheeky sod Abbas ;)

Obvously inspired by Halford's design team, an expensive body kit that doesn't fit the character of the car it's screwed 'n glued to. Originally bought for its beauty, it's as now as bad as Madonna showing her crotch at every opportunity - there's no horny desire anymore, just age that isn't being handled well. :P

Harumph. Cheeky sod Abbas ;)

Obvously inspired by Halford's design team, an expensive body kit that doesn't fit the character of the car it's screwed 'n glued to. Originally bought for its beauty, it's as now as bad as Madonna showing her crotch at every opportunity - there's no horny desire anymore, just age that isn't being handled well. :P

:lol: ,

agreed....

It does not move me it does not get me going at all, as the kaiser chiefs might say. Don't like the front, and the car ain't got soul.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/2060704.001/jaguar-xk-in-depth

What about this one George?

I loved this car in flesh, its a beauty, and guess what? I plan to buy one! Well.....scale model! :D

Anyone have any news about Aston Martin DBS available in 1:18 scale model?

I loved this car in flesh, its a beauty, and guess what? I plan to buy one! Well.....scale model! :D

It looks nice... well, might be because I like the conventional look, no weird stuff, thanks XD

It looks nice... well, might be because I like the conventional look, no weird stuff, thanks XD

I knew you would like it, thats why I have decided to buy one.

I always think the new jaguar design direction is a bold statement: "we are Aston Martin

It's horrible. Nary a decent motor since Malcolm Sayer shuffled off.