Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SeanOg

Diffuser Saga Over Then!!!!

I was merely underlining how little discernible difference there appears to be between the two designs, you old loghead!

Please. No "merely" now.

You wrote: On the other hand, that Toyota have seen fit to build what can only be described as an identical copy of the BGP design is shameful.

I chuckle at the shameful bit because I know you are a fanboy (you've said so yourself). Of course, it matters that you blame Toyota and not BGP for the coying. So, I'm curious as to how you claim such identical copy was achieved. That's all. In your own time.

Man up, Monza, you gotta be dying to ask Insider for a copy of Toyota's plans so you can check whether or not his claim of "identical copy" holds...

This is the actual diffuser we are talking about not just the idea. Who knows, it may be so... which would open up some interesting questions of its own, of course.

Thank you all to those who have welcomed me. Just to clarify quickly, I have long been a reader of the forum, however last night "maure" put me over the top, so I registered, and filed my retort, so I am a new member, however I do have some familiarity with some of you and therefore know your tendencies.

maure, you focus on one larger small part of the article, so I will also focus on one small part. The article explains the maximum tolerances for the diffuser, and separately the rear crash structure. This article was produced prior to the ruling, and now that we have the ruling from the ICA, it all appears pretty much cut and dry. Seven teams now look foolish, and that is what was creating the ambiguity prior to the hearings.

As far as the other teams and their alleged 'double decker' diffuser that was deemed illegal, I have not seen nor heard of any reasons why it was illegal, however I would believe that their respective designs breached the rules in some way shape or form..

Please. No "merely" now.

You wrote: On the other hand, that Toyota have seen fit to build what can only be described as an identical copy of the BGP design is shameful.

I chuckle at the shameful bit because I know you are a fanboy (you've said so yourself). Of course, it matters that you blame Toyota and not BGP for the coying. So, I'm curious as to how you claim such identical copy was achieved. That's all. In your own time.

Now, now Maure, you are getting into a bit of a state here, aren't you? I shall 'merely' whenever I please, if you don't mind! It's a nice word. I thought fanboys were some sort of archaic, Imperial 'wallah' type. I am certainly a solid supporter of BGP and JB - damn right. If I had experienced a deluge of disagreement by claiming that Toyota had some fore-knowledge of the BGP diffuser design, then I might understand your continued persistence in asking such inane questions. Of course I don't have plans, you plank! The bloody thing on the Toyota looks different to the Brawn but it is has far too many similar design elements to be considered unique. It's a blatant facsimile - that is my opinion. Everybody copies everybody else and Toyota has certainly followed the BGP001 design. Brawn had this nailed months ago while Toyota where still struggling with the 2009 shed. How was it achieved? Ask Toyota. Shameful? Of course - all cribbing is but, as with every other team in the paddock, Toyota have spies everywhere. Clearly, they didn't quite get it spot on but as the saying goes - mediocrity merely copies - only genius steals. Perhaps various teams' diffuser upgrades may bring the upstarts to heel in China. Personally, I think it's far too little, too late - even for geniuses.

I get the impression parabs is not a new new member?

Parabs, parabs not.

"The drivers in our teams have been and are World Champions, while the Championship is now fought between a driver who was almost retired and another one who is a good guy but a paracarro (the Italian saying for being as slow as a milepost at the side of a road)," Briatore told the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Whether or not Renault were denied using this diffuser, it's more than rich for Flav to be insulting race winning drivers when he has the gravel trap kid in his car.

Parabs, parabs not.

You clearly woke up on form this morning, Dribs.

"The drivers in our teams have been and are World Champions, while the Championship is now fought between a driver who was almost retired and another one who is a good guy but a paracarro (the Italian saying for being as slow as a milepost at the side of a road)," Briatore told the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper.

Whether or not Renault were denied using this diffuser, it's more than rich for Flav to be insulting race winning drivers when he has the gravel trap kid in his car.

Yep!