Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jem of the Shire

Lewis Uploads Pic Of Himself In Skiing Gear

Do you consider this offensive or insensitive or completely innocent? I think it's a bit of both. Innocently wanting to share a pic with his fans, but not having the common sense to realise it'd probably upset a lot of people.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/474905/Insensitive_Hamilton_slammed_for_posting_skiing_pictures_despite_Michael_Schumacher_accident/

Yep, I'd go with the lack of common sense and thought by him, sounds about right for Hamilton as far as I'm concerned.

Like not realising that posting his and Jenson's telemetry was going to make himself look ridiculous.

Like not realising that saying "maybe it's cos i'm black" was going to make himself look ridiculous.

People will take any excuse to jump on Lewis and attack him so he (more than most) needs to be extra careful about what he tweets!

Yes but he makes it so easy for us doesn't he?

Like your examples another one was, 'Yes, I lied to the stewards'.

I mean he lines the gun up and then wonders why people pull the trigger for him!!

Jem, people will dislike him regardless of what he says or does. Happens to all drivers in F1. But Lewis takes the cake for me as being probably one of the biggets try hards I've ever seen. He's sometimes abominable in his stupidity with what words come out of his mouth.

I don't think him tweeting pics of him skiing is that bad, but if there is a driver who can constantly put his mouth in it, it's Lewis. At least he's consistent at something.

And then I cringe watching him so desperately trying to win over the public by constantly reminding us all about his 2 cute little dogs (parades them up and down the paddock and tweets pics of them nearly every day), his charity work, it's all about the kids man, god is great, perhaps he genuinely means all of it but I can't help think it all looks a bit like someone trying too hard

Lewis messed up here. He probably didn't mean anything by this tweet. He just wanted to show his Instagram followers that he went skiing. He just didn't think of the fact that a week prior to this, one of the great names in F1 injured himself in a skiing accident. Also people are far too easy to rip Hamilton a new arsehole.

Lewis messed up here. He probably didn't mean anything by this tweet. He just wanted to show his Instagram followers that he went skiing. He just didn't think of the fact that a week prior to this, one of the great names in F1 injured himself in a skiing accident. Also people are far too easy to rip Hamilton a new arsehole.

Wonder why, he plays the sweet and innocent one until caught red handed and then has to come out with it anyway. The other thing two, yes I find it offensive I took it like this. "Well there is now 2 things I can do that Schumi can't and that's win in a merc and ski without falling" that's how I took it. Why not hold into these images so when asked "ohh what did you do on this day" THEN he should sho the pics. This is just to turn the spot light back on him. His to open about his normal life. Mate who cares if your not getting wacked of anymore. Do your job and shut your friggen mouth. Seriously he makes me that mad because he is a driver I could really support because of his fighting tenacity on the circuit, but is id be a hypocrite to myself if I do and I couldn't live with that. See Lewis, your OWN antics, make me asses my own life as to weather it's worth the extra hassle trying to decode little things like this skiing event.

He went skiing? And showed us a picture of it? Imagine what Schumacher himself would think of it all.

Fnck all, I suspect.

Typical, over sensitive, hype culture; life goes on.

I just think he has a vendetta against Schumi. First thing he said when he got to Merc was how far behind they were, basically laying the blame at Schumis door. Failing to realise that the work put in is ALWAYS seen 12 months later and Hamilton is reaping the rewards of a car that has finally come to play after being developed by Schumacher. If asked if his 5 poles and 1 victory came this year due to the progress Merc are making due to the feedback Michael and Nico gave them over the past 3 years or if its Lewis himself. I let you guess what he would say.

Some people might find it offensive but being offended counts for nothing. I could say I was offended by everybody uploading pictures of food on Instagram because millions of people are starving in the world. In most cases being offended says more about the person than the actual thing they're offended by.

If Lewis thought about Schumacher's condition, he might have predicted the reaction and not done it. Not because it's actually wrong in itself, but because other people were bound to misinterpret it. More likely, he didn't foresee the reaction, which is dumb on his part. Either way, there's nothing wrong with uploading skiing pics, and nothing wrong about being dumb in this context. Case dismissed.

I am the first to point out that Lewis isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the box. It IS kind of surprising that at any moment he had thought "mmmh...skiing pics...now what else happened related to ski these past 24 hours?...Oh, I got it! Now...wait...nope lost it again...oh, well!". It is kind of amazing.

On the other hand, the FULL and CORRECT line of thought should be: "Hey, I look nice with skis! No, wait...Schumi has just had an accident. And I know people gets hysterical over anything now and will consider everything in the most idiotic light possible, so even if it is obvious that I am not trying to insult Schumi or anything, everybody would publicly hang me because that's what people do. If they can spew hatred against someone then they will"

So, having said that, whoever thinks that Lewis seriously, for one instant, could post a pic, delay a sympathetic tweet or hire some thugs to cause Schumi any harm is either sick or has thought this through even less than Hammy before posting his pics.

Either Hammy is the not too smart but loveable kid that tries too hard or the resentful bitter litlle man that makes the worst things against Schumi (why Schumi? Envy? Then he should do the same with every other driver that won more than him, which are many. And if he hated Schumi so much as to be so patently insulting while Michael is fighting for his life in a coma...why not punhc him in the face when he got the opportunity? How many times have we saw ANY sign of Lewis hating Schumi so much????)

And thus, with a gazillion more words than George (stay around, pretty please?). My verdict is also: case dismissed.

FFS.

Some people might find it offensive but being offended counts for nothing. I could say I was offended by everybody uploading pictures of food on Instagram because millions of people are starving in the world. In most cases being offended says more about the person than the actual thing they're offended by.

If Lewis thought about Schumacher's condition, he might have predicted the reaction and not done it. Not because it's actually wrong in itself, but because other people were bound to misinterpret it. More likely, he didn't foresee the reaction, which is dumb on his part. Either way, there's nothing wrong with uploading skiing pics, and nothing wrong about being dumb in this context. Case dismissed.

This is well said, yes it's hard to figure out whats offensive because its not to all, but you would think like you said, he would have used his head abit.

@ quite one. You have never seen these stories on lewis saying merc is a mess, it was left for me to pick up and blah blah blah. Wasn't Nico there the same time Schumi was? It's just easier to lay the blame on someone more successful. You don't know what it could be, could be anything, something said, done whatever but I have read stories making it out that Lewis has a vandetta against Schumi, wether it was printed incorrectly or what, we know what the press is like. But to say that someone is this and that when they have read this and that, isn't really fair mate.

I don't think Hamilton was being offensive, more thoughtless and that's his big problem, he needs to learn to engage his brain before he says/does these things. I mean we all screw up and say or do things we wished we hadn't, (I know I have) mercifully for most of us the eyes of the world aren't on us. Hamilton knows they're on him though and he still keeps on making himself look stupid, that is a special skill he seem to have.

Someone needs to sit him down and get him to start thinking about the consequences before he does/says these things in the future for his own sake.

Do you consider this offensive or insensitive or completely innocent? I think it's a bit of both. Innocently wanting to share a pic with his fans, but not having the common sense to realise it'd probably upset a lot of people.

http://www.gptoday.c...acher_accident/

He is not the sharpest pencil in the box at the best of times. Most talented people exhibit a lack of common sense now and then and Hammy is no different.

I just think he has a vendetta against Schumi. First thing he said when he got to Merc was how far behind they were, basically laying the blame at Schumis door. Failing to realise that the work put in is ALWAYS seen 12 months later and Hamilton is reaping the rewards of a car that has finally come to play after being developed by Schumacher. If asked if his 5 poles and 1 victory came this year due to the progress Merc are making due to the feedback Michael and Nico gave them over the past 3 years or if its Lewis himself. I let you guess what he would say.

Are you sure you are not a newspaper journalist?

I don't think Hamilton was being offensive, more thoughtless and that's his big problem, he needs to learn to engage his brain before he says/does these things. I mean we all screw up and say or do things we wished we hadn't, (I know I have) mercifully for most of us the eyes of the world aren't on us. Hamilton knows they're on him though and he still keeps on making himself look stupid, that is a special skill he seem to have.

Someone needs to sit him down and get him to start thinking about the consequences before he does/says these things in the future for his own sake.

I see your point, but I rather think it's more to do with our uber sensitive society than a lack of thought on Lewis's part.

Webric made a ridiculous point about how it was somehow indicative of a deep trenched disrespect for Michael, completing forgetting how

Much respect Lewis has said on record he has for the German.

If Lewis or anyone else wants to post a photo of them skiing, in my view they should be allowed

to, without immature and ill-thought accusation of disrespect.

It's all about perspective.

Are you sure you are not a newspaper journalist?

Why is that I may ask, correct me if iam wrong but I sense some hostility here. You read something and so have I, does what you read and what I read make it right? No way we know how press operates, I was so only stating what I read and it's been dissected as a personal attack towards lewis or undying love for Schumi, it's either. On record he said he likes the German, where did you read that? I READ the opposite, or did you actually see him say it? If your saw him say it, you think there all 100% honest? We know he is a liar. Point is what you read doesn't make it "record" otherwise what I said could be held the same. Otherwise if you Beleive what he says, why not webber when he cries afoul? At least we actually see that. I do remember one thing he said though, he said he doesn't want a "cheaters legacy" like Schumi and I also read he said Brawns exit isn't a loss, come on, I Beleive these were his own words, so I guess that's record to.

This is well said, yes it's hard to figure out whats offensive because its not to all, but you would think like you said, he would have used his head abit.

@ quite one. You have never seen these stories on lewis saying merc is a mess, it was left for me to pick up and blah blah blah. Wasn't Nico there the same time Schumi was? It's just easier to lay the blame on someone more successful. You don't know what it could be, could be anything, something said, done whatever but I have read stories making it out that Lewis has a vandetta against Schumi, wether it was printed incorrectly or what, we know what the press is like. But to say that someone is this and that when they have read this and that, isn't really fair mate.

To be fair, I wasn't thinking of you when I posted my reply. I was more fed up with thing I've read in the media and other websites and the general hysteria.

That said, I ask you again, and this time do not focus only in "Lewis posted pics of himself skiing while Michael could be dying for a skiing accident". Focus as well in "How much should a person hate another to do something so cruel as to mock a guy in Schumacher's situation, in the open for everybody to see? And when before have we seen Lewis being this cruel?"

This is not Lewis and Massa bickering over some on-track antics. This isn't even Lewis posting some telemetry because, shockingly, he, like all the others, doesn't like to lose. This is being sadistic. And following this path, we might as well say that Schumi crashed on purpose because he needs to steal the show no matter what.

See what I mean? I think Lewis worst crime is not thinking things through, if at all. But that's it. Certainly he is no insensitive monster. You said in the past that he "tries too hard". No inhuman monster would do that now would he? That's what I mean.

To be fair, I wasn't thinking of you when I posted my reply. I was more fed up with thing I've read in the media and other websites and the general hysteria.

That said, I ask you again, and this time do not focus only in "Lewis posted pics of himself skiing while Michael could be dying for a skiing accident". Focus as well in "How much should a person hate another to do something so cruel as to mock a guy in Schumacher's situation, in the open for everybody to see? And when before have we seen Lewis being this cruel?"

This is not Lewis and Massa bickering over some on-track antics. This isn't even Lewis posting some telemetry because, shockingly, he, like all the others, doesn't like to lose. This is being sadistic. And following this path, we might as well say that Schumi crashed on purpose because he needs to steal the show no matter what.

See what I mean? I think Lewis worst crime is not thinking things through, if at all. But that's it. Certainly he is no insensitive monster. You said in the past that he "tries too hard". No inhuman monster would do that now would he? That's what I mean.

That is true, your right, he just acts then thinks later. I didnt say he was evil, from the articles of his I've read not to long ago, about he thinks Vettel isn't a worthy champ, thinks he could do the same as Vettel, says he wouldn't want to dominate like Vettel and now says Brawn leaving is not a loss. To me in the last few months he has come across as one angry dude, plus the stories I've read about the state Merc was in when he arrived there, looked like IMO with his recent bagging of brawn and what he said about Merc and also said he doesn't want a "cheaters legacy" like Michael's, sounds a tad bit personal dont you think. But then again what do we know whats has been said and what hasn't, the press like a story. But you made a very good point.

Looks like he was snowmobiling.

People are jumping to the conclusion that Lewis is thoughtless, puts his mouth into gear before his brain, etc, but I actually think he may just not have the social ability to recognise these situations that appear obvious to other people. This is one of the problems of this 'instant-on' world we live in, there is no pr agent buffer between a sports person and a tweet or a pic posting.

Looks like he was snowmobiling.

People are jumping to the conclusion that Lewis is thoughtless, puts his mouth into gear before his brain, etc, but I actually think he may just not have the social ability to recognise these situations that appear obvious to other people. This is one of the problems of this 'instant-on' world we live in, there is no pr agent buffer between a sports person and a tweet or a pic posting.

This sounds quite logical

Lewis meant no slight to Schumi. He had already expressed his shock at Schumi's condition and wished him well. However, that doesn't mean his own enjoyment has to be curtailed. As others have correctly pointed out, society's taking offence too easily.

Lewis meant no slight to Schumi. He had already expressed his shock at Schumi's condition and wished him well. However, that doesn't mean his own enjoyment has to be curtailed. As others have correctly pointed out, society's taking offence too easily.

Yeah I don't know, if people don't take the negative press with a grain of salt why do they instantly Beleive positive quotes. Me personally after the the Ferrari scandal in 07 I can't help but to think he lies with everything.

Maybe his intention was to show off to his ex-pussycat GF to lure her back.

She's just too smart to put up with Lewis' low IQ-ness