Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spiral.out

China Race

Well I basically lost interest on the first corner because VETTEL took out Kimi like a little b1tch. Then Ricciardo got a flat tyre.

Eventful race. Slimeball Vettel 2nd. w#nker. Nah it wasnt THAT bad.

I will give all props to Vettel for going straight up to Kimi after the race and explaining his side of the situation. I was p**sed off too to see Kimi punted like that, but after seeing Sebs onboard video, I feel Kvyat was as much to blame, and thus have determined it was a racing incident with Kimi being the ultimate loser yet again :(

Great drive from Seb and Kimi to make up for the awful first corner. I can't give driver of the day for Nico because having the clearly fastest car and not really having to even push isn't worthy of such an accolade.

Massa once again trumped Bottas. As I've been saying for quite awhile now, Bottas is done. He's not going to get any better and will be a Sutil/Hulkenburg journeyman.

I will say this, it was nice to see full stadiums at China. I've written off this circuit for years, but this year I will fully admit it looked green, clean and full of fans. That's more like it.

I will give all props to Vettel for going straight up to Kimi after the race and explaining his side of the situation. I was p**sed off too to see Kimi punted like that, but after seeing Sebs onboard video, I feel Kvyat was as much to blame, and thus have determined it was a racing incident with Kimi being the ultimate loser yet again sad.png

Great drive from Seb and Kimi to make up for the awful first corner. I can't give driver of the day for Nico because having the clearly fastest car and not really having to even push isn't worthy of such an accolade.

It's a racing incident and there's not much more to it. Yes, Kvyat was too fast in the corner but I get it was probably his only chance to jump at the front, so it's not like he deliberately caused all that. He took the risk though and I guess that is what made Seb so angry. However, I remember when Seb started and liked to say "No risk, no fun", so it is kind of interesting to see how he matured during the past years.

The whole argument started when Kvyat asked "what happened..." and then Seb lost it at him. I must say that despite the controversy it might cause, I prefer drivers who actually speak their mind than Nico Rosberg's PR written speak of every race. As for his drive, he had literally no competition. Sebastian told him (right before the argument, in german) he "could've won that race even if he slept through it" or something along these lines, and it's true. No other driver even had a go at him or got close to.

I liked Seb having a go at Kvyat. Kvyat's response that he didn't crash so it was ok, and thus Vettel's problem was total BS. Seb moved to avoid him, however he moved into Kimi. Had Kvyat not been there or gone into that corner too hot, Vettel would not have made contact. Thus you have to portion the blame probably 51% to Kvyat or even more. But in the scheme of things we have to call it a racing incident and thus move on.

At least it's not Hamilton winning. I can live with Nico winning like that, but it's a joke when you think about it. He could have put on used hard tyres and won with one stop. Who needs competition in F1!

I liked Seb having a go at Kvyat. Kvyat's response that he didn't crash so it was ok, and thus Vettel's problem was total BS.

I think he didn't expect Seb such strong reaction in front of cameras especially, so he didn't have any answer to it. Kvyat started by asking what happened and Seb flipped. His response was basically a "I don't care, not my problem", which was purely selfish. I'd like to hear Kimi about it but he doesn't seem to have taken a side yet because he was not able to actually see what happened. Maybe later today.

It boggles my mind how it's classed as a racing incident. Yeah with Vettel and raikkonen, nothing to do with kvyat, he didn't even touch Vettel. Kimi came across as he had no where to go and Seb simply was pinched by the cars on the racing line and Kimi, that's how they came together. Kvyat did the same thing we've seen Vettel do a number of times. I can't see the issue, yeah kvyat came in a tad to hot, but he pulled it off and without touching anyone, if other drivers have to take evasive action as all of sudden your in a position they didn't expect, that's there problem. racing incident yes but if Seb is whinging because kvyat didn't lift of even though they didn't touch, maybe it should've been Seb that should've lifted and this would've been avoided, kvyat asked what happened because he honestly wouldn't have known why Kimi hit the side of him as he didn't touch Seb to begin with. That's how I see it, but he didn't come divebombing down the inside, he was able to pull it up. I don't see Kimi at fault here either as he was simply turning in as he had no where to go and I don't think he knew Seb was that close, I put this firmly at vettels door.

WebRic, simply put, Kvyat only pulled off his move because Vettel was aware enough to do what he could to avoid him. Hitting Kimi was secondary. Had Kvyat not been such a rookie, this would never have happened. And the repsect Vettel showed Kimi after the race was commendable.

If you go run a red light and manage to not hit any cars, and the other cars swerve to get out of the way and some crash into each other, you can't carry on as though it's their problem.

The more I look at this, the more I see it as Kvyat being at fault. He came in too hot, Vettel too avoidance action and hit Kimi. We've seen some wonderful wheel to wheel racing over the years from Hamilton, Button, Alsono, Kimi and Vettel. We have not seen that from Kvyat. He does not have the race craft, patience or skill at this point.

I don't think Vettel had anywhere to go, he had Kvyat one side and Kimi the other with not enough space for three cars. Good on him for apologising to Kimi, that is a the sign of a good team mate. It was pure and simple a racing incident in my opinion, one of those things that happens in the heat of a start. If I had to blame anyone I'd have to say Kvyat is who I'd point the finger at myself but then I'm a Vettel fan so you'd sort of expect that wouldn't you?

Oh one thing, Ricciardo learnt a lesson today the hard way, on the grid walk you don't tell the reporter that a podium is guaranteed, fate showed him today that it never is!!

Personally I don't see how Kvyat could be the one to blame for what happened at the start of the race, he saw a (very wide) gap and went for it. The Ferraris, instead, were both a bit late into braking and they both were off the racing line, it's a pity that they made contact, I'd call it a racing incident. IMHO Vettel was slightly p...ed off because he didn't see it coming, I don't see how he can blame Kvyat for not touching him and taking the corner

Personally I don't see how Kvyat could be the one to blame for what happened at the start of the race, he saw a (very wide) gap and went for it. The Ferraris, instead, were both a bit late into braking and they both were off the racing line, it's a pity that they made contact, I'd call it a racing incident. IMHO Vettel was slightly p...ed off because he didn't see it coming, I don't see how he can blame Kvyat for not touching him and taking the corner

Kvyat's move was risky and abit too "hot", it placed the other drivers in danger of colliding. It was the speed he came in that made it risky, relying on the other drivers to make calls of judgement. This is a fact you cannot deny

Vettel was'nt p**sed off cause he did'nt see it coming, he was p**sed off having to avoid Kvyat in the process hitting his teammate

I do not wish to start a new, and pointless discussion, but I am little fuzzy whether it was actually Vettel who hit Kimi, or rather it was Kimi who hit Vettel. What I mean is, if Vettel took evasive action on Kvyat, why Kimi could not do the same? He had enough space to his left, whereas Vettel was boxed in. Top down view of the whole sequence would be helpful, but I haven't seen it. Arrivabenne refuses to blame either of his drivers and marks this, I think correctly, as a racing accident.

It was the speed he came in that made it risky

Kvyat speed was perfectly ok for him and his car, maybe the Ferraris couldn't carry so much speed in that particular section of the corner, but Kvyat took the problem without hitting anyone. Had he been going too fast he would have gone wide (as both Ferraris did...). IMHO Kvyat's was a great move (made possible by an outstanding chassis)

BAM!!!!!

Thank you, some one who can see it for what it is.

Monkey if your going to compare apples with oranges that's your choice, but to say this was kvyats fault and kimi in Russia wasn't, you cant have it both ways mate, you see what I am saying? Vettel has made far more dangerous overtaking attempts, he took button out at spa on year for trying to pass on the outside going into the final chicane, he has passed cars on the grass and now someone catches him un awares and there is nothing he can do, he looses it and doesn't take into account it's very similar to what he has done in the past and besides since when does Seb care about anyone else but himself? He never did at redbull. The point is Seb did a good job to avoid kvyat but it wasn't kvyat fault, the exact same thing happened behind these boys with the two Williams and force India car, but no one said boo because no incident happened, why not Seb blow up at the force India that hit him the second time as he tried to force his way back on the racing line?

Kvyat speed was perfectly ok for him and his car, maybe the Ferraris couldn't carry so much speed in that particular section of the corner, but Kvyat took the problem without hitting anyone. Had he been going too fast he would have gone wide (as both Ferraris did...). IMHO Kvyat's was a great move (made possible by an outstanding chassis)

Man your wrong, common sense doesn't work here, let alone having actual racing experience and being in similar situations yourself. Your absolutely correct mate, no harm done he didn't touch anyone and if drivers have to adjust because they weren't expecting you to pass there, that's there problem, nearly every overtaking move we watch onboard has the defending or passed car have to adjust there line away from the normal one quite a few times but because they don't hit another car, this realistic point of view cannot be used, you understand right? Lol

AND if all those drivers never had the crashes, OR the officials had put out the safety car and clean up the mess Ricci would not have had the flat tyre !!!!!

Guess thats racing

BAM!!!!!

Thank you, some one who can see it for what it is.

Monkey if your going to compare apples with oranges that's your choice, but to say this was kvyats fault and kimi in Russia wasn't, you cant have it both ways mate, you see what I am saying? Vettel has made far more dangerous overtaking attempts, he took button out at spa on year for trying to pass on the outside going into the final chicane, he has passed cars on the grass and now someone catches him un awares and there is nothing he can do, he looses it and doesn't take into account it's very similar to what he has done in the past and besides since when does Seb care about anyone else but himself? He never did at redbull. The point is Seb did a good job to avoid kvyat but it wasn't kvyat fault, the exact same thing happened behind these boys with the two Williams and force India car, but no one said boo because no incident happened, why not Seb blow up at the force India that hit him the second time as he tried to force his way back on the racing line?

It was Kvyat's fault. I havn't even mentioned Russia, others have.

You once again avoided even addressing what I brought up about running a red light, or a drive having to take evasive action due to others carelessness.

Kvyat's reponse to Vettel was that because he didn't crash, it wasn't his problem. Read that and understand it and you'll have your answer.

Lol I prefer that tbh than to here all the excuses that Ricciardo "lucked" into a victory.

It was Kvyat's fault. I havn't even mentioned Russia, others have.

You once again avoided even addressing what I brought up about running a red light, or a drive having to take evasive action due to others carelessness.

Kvyat's reponse to Vettel was that because he didn't crash, it wasn't his problem. Read that and understand it and you'll have your answer.

He's confused himself so much he brought the Sh#t up

No Iam proving a point at how inconsistant some statements are here and are obvious biased opinions that's the point Iam trying to make and Russia and China yesterday were classic examples. Kvyat makes a clean move and doesn't touch anyone and he is responsible for the collision with Vettel and raikkonen, yet Russia 2015, raikkonen divebombs down the inside and ploughes into bottas and takes him out and that's bottas's fault, like wtf? See my point, your the ones confused or its total biased, which one is it.

No Iam proving a point at how inconsistant some statements are here and are obvious biased opinions that's the point Iam trying to make and Russia and China yesterday were classic examples. Kvyat makes a clean move and doesn't touch anyone and he is responsible for the collision with Vettel and raikkonen, yet Russia 2015, raikkonen divebombs down the inside and ploughes into bottas and takes him out and that's bottas's fault, like wtf? See my point, your the ones confused or its total biased, which one is it.

Webric, that was a joke bru. and we saw the comparisons you were trying to make. In both cases (according to me, cause guys like Sakae don't blame Bottas in that incident), it was their fault. they've divebomb at a race start that affected other cars which might have caused serious consequences for those around. Just imagine if Vettel held his line at full speed and pushed Kvyat off!.

Ok I understand now lol. As for Vettel, he couldn't go any faster anyway, he would've just under steered into kimi, there is no way he would've had the grip to push kvyat of. How many times have we seen these moves before at the start of a GP, kvyat just pulled of a ripper move and to share the blame, it's easier to accuse someone else and that's what he did. If kvyat hit anyone, then yeah I guess you could call it a stupid move but he didn't, he pulled it of and even without locking a wheel, that's what people should be looking at, kimi could've also lifted but it looked like he had quite abit of space until Vettel swerved at him. Bottom line is, all he had to do was adjust his driving line and it court him unaware, that's what Seb didn't like, the fact he was out muscled going into turn one. You can't blame anyone.