Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KoolMonkey

100 Starts, Zero Wins

I wish he had a car with plenty of winning capacity...its the only thing he needs to prove himself

A Renault perhaps? :P Well if they end up pushing Fisi out the door....

Indeed!

he certainly is improving year after year and needs to accelerate the process(though not at a franctic pace

as he as 5 yrs or 4 is it at honda) however it would be ridiculous if he tries to bcome a ms or fa as it will take him no where and in the process he will lose the button in him!!!!!

Button has had a pole, if thats what you mean Monty....

No I was reffering to Mr. Brundle Sato......

He is generally quoted in this forum to back some of the flawed arguments.....

''I don't look at it like that,'' he told reporters. ''I look at it that I'm only 25 and yet I've done 100 races.

What the F### ?

Here is a small comparison

Fernando Alonso Jenson Button Kimi Raikkonen

(29-07-1981) (19-01-1980) (17-10-1979)

Total Races 69 100 86

Wins 7(10.1%) 0 (0%) 9(10.5%)

Podiums 22(31.8%) 12(12%) 29(33.7%)

Finishes with points 38(55%) 45(45%) 45(52.3%)

Pole Positions 8(11.5%) 2 (2%) 9(10.5%)

Fastest laps 3(4.3%) 0 (0%) 14(16.3%)

World Championships 1 0 0

What is his acheivments from the 100 races ?

Very interesting comparison. To be honest, Jenson has had bettr opptunities then them really. Kimi started at sauber, and Alonso at Minardi of all teams!

Jenson start in a Williams which was the 3rd best car that year. In 2004 he had the second best car.

Give it a rest you sad people. When are you going to get fedup of saying the same thing. You don't take into account that kimi's been driving a mclaren for the last 3 years, or that alonso has been gifted at least 4 wins, and so many other things. I'm fedup of reading these pathetic topics, which have already been argued about. Especially you 'sato', talk about something else for once and stop being such an irritating nerd

There there, Im sure Button will put you out of you misery soon enough, and admit he isn't WDC material.

what, JB has had better equipment? WHTF? Alonso has been in a renault for al but one season, kimi has been in a mclaren for all but one season! JB has been in point scorring cars only minus 2004! When will any of consider the fact JB hasnt had cars quick enough for wins minus the 2004 car, but even that was incapable as the ferrari was far too superior!

No it wasn't. Alonso won in 2004 with a slower car, and dominatingly at that.

JB started in a better car, and didn't do enough to keep a drive in a top car. He got his chance for wins in 2004, and failed.

alonso never won a race in 04 and was thrashed by trulli for half the season!

I dont know hopw u lot can say we are biased button fans, your biased just as much because you dislike the guy hence why you always slag him off!

Do you mean alonso won in 2003? JB started in a good car, embarrassed ralf many times, but williams had already signed an agreement with montoya so even if JB won a race in 2000 he would've had to leave. You say jenson had his chances to win in 2004 - when were they?? We've already discussed this sato, at least twice before. You're clearly obsessed with Button and can't stop talking about him, and you persist to make a fool out of yourself by making out button is rubbish when anyone with half a brain knows he's not

alonso never won a race in 04 and was thrashed by trulli for half the season!
Are you sure? I thought he won in Hungary...maybe that was 03....
you persist to make a fool out of yourself by making out button is rubbish when anyone with half a brain knows he's not

Of course Jem, you are right, i forgot you are the almighty god of this world.

JB started in a better car, and didn't do enough to keep a drive in a top car

shows how little you know. After 2000 all top seats were taken, whether JB earned a top drive or not. mclaren ferrari and williams were the top teams in 01 - mclaren were sticking with their successful line-up of DC & Mika, ferrari with RB & MS, and williams as I said had a previous agreement with JPM. I think you've lost - so go away

oh and because you obviously don't know, let me please inform you that Flav was alonso's manager when he was at minardi so was always going to end up at renault - alonso didnt just come into f1 with minardi and then get snapped up by a big team for being impressive. And kimi, well he actually got outperformed by Heidfeld so who knows why mclaren got him

Perhaps instead of comparing him to Kimi and Alonso who he has never partnered before so the stats are completely irrelevant - there is no cross over - you should compare him to his own team mates each year as that is the only way to correctly work out how good or bad he is.

Then when you do that you find that none of his team mates have won either, so he has hardly had all these top cars people moan about if his team mates {one ex wdc} haven't won either.

Now if one of his team mates had won then you'd have your perfect argument fixed and ready and never let it go that one of his team mates had won and that being "complete" proof that he wasn't good enough. Well then you should do it when it is the opposite too. It is complete proof that there is no necessary reason or race where he should have won that we know of {as we have no way of telling what the "limit" of a car is so you don't know if it can go faster} but still you can look at smaller results perhaps, but damn it stop banging on about wins.

No it wasn't. Alonso won in 2004 with a slower car, and dominatingly at that.

JB started in a better car, and didn't do enough to keep a drive in a top car. He got his chance for wins in 2004, and failed.

Wrong. Frank admitted to Jenson that he already had plans to take on Montoya the following year as it was the last year he had an option on him. He did do enough to impress considering they didn't just drop him they got an option on him too, so that they could see how good Montoya really was and obviously they found that wasn't good enough.

To prove this is not just my interpretation, these are quotes from the men themselves:

Frank on Button:

"Jenson was really the discovery of the year - I don't think anyone would deny that. He was very popular in the team, and both his driving talent and potential spoke for themselves"

Give it a rest you sad people. When are you going to get fedup of saying the same thing. You don't take into account that kimi's been driving a mclaren for the last 3 years, or that alonso has been gifted at least 4 wins, and so many other things. I'm fedup of reading these pathetic topics, which have already been argued about. Especially you 'sato', talk about something else for once and stop being such an irritating nerd

F1 is like real life- Nobody gives anything for free. Which 4 races have been rewarded to Alonso? did I miss the ceremony?

Wrong. Frank admitted to Jenson that he already had plans to take on Montoya the following year as it was the last year he had an option on him.

Obviously you misunderstand the words 'top car' and 'Williams'.

Obviously you misunderstand the words 'top car' and 'Williams'.

Well what else? The Renault was really poor and the BAR he never lost...