Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

funkejay

Not A Good Sign For JV Fans.....

German efficiency trumped the magic of the wizard of oz but will it be enough for the canadian's mind games and baggy overalls? Mighty weapons... Only time will tell.

indeed ....you forgot the frightening effect "spooky spectacles " will have on young "quick nick"

jst take a look at my avatar

Jv's formula 1 future will be decided by Jv in the BMW Sauber in 2006.... Its as simple as that in my opinion!
Couldn't have said it better myself. JV needs to focus on the things he is able to control and just let what happens happen and not worry about Nick or any other distraction.

If it works out great, if it doesn't, well at least he goes out with 11 wins and a WDC, which is a lot more than other, more hyped drivers have ever done in their career. Nick is a big threat, but JV is driving for his future, Nick has a 3 year contract so JV is going to take more risks and push it even further than most, but I still think he has what it takes to do so successfully.

As for this website issue, it's being blown out of proportion. I'd rather JV do his talking in the car and on the track rather than on a website, as that the one which may secure a drive next year!

German efficiency trumped the magic of the wizard of oz but will it be enough for the canadian's mind games and baggy overalls? Mighty weapons... Only time will tell.

Although JV is in decline, he's still better than Webber imo.

... As for this website issue, it's being blown out of proportion. I'd rather JV do his talking in the car and on the track rather than on a website, as that the one which may secure a drive next year!
I've got an idea to settle this.

What we should do is have a bunch of races between JV and NH. Say 19 of them. Hold them on a bunch of different tracks - maybe each one in a different country for variety.

And, to make it a bit more challenging, we should have some other cars and drivers on the track with them - 18 more sound about right to you?

Then, once all this has been done, we'll know for sure how the two stack up ... :D

*.....and all nick maniacs disappear as soon as some meaningful discussion gets under way*

Go back to your Narain and JV loving corner and hide in shame.

hahaha, I only just got the first bit of that :clap3:

What we should do is have a bunch of races between JV and NH. Say 19 of them. Hold them on a bunch of different tracks - maybe each one in a different country for variety.

And, to make it a bit more challenging, we should have some other cars and drivers on the track with them - 18 more sound about right to you?

Then, once all this has been done, we'll know for sure how the two stack up ... :D

:nono1::thbdn:

Speculation is not a sin, especially since it's off season time and we have nothing better to talk about.

I can see it now... the NH v MW saga will be reborn into the NH v JV saga....

Speculation is not a sin, especially since it's off season time and we have nothing better to talk about.

Indeed, why do we come here if not to discuss our opinions?

Well, why waste valuable web space on JV? ;)

And then why we would waste more valuable web space with Sato????

they are news, thats why... :D

And then why we would waste more valuable web space with Sato????

they are news, thats why... :D

Sato is bad news.

I can see it now... the NH v MW saga will be reborn into the NH v JV saga....

No, speculation's not a sin. No offense intended.

As long as speculation is portrayed as such , not as "proven" before the fact as some here are inclined to occasionally ...

I just thought it was kind of funny for us to get all worked up about a website as if it had something to do with real race results - especially when the website has "interim" as part of the URL!

And actually, what's happened is the NH v MW and JV v FM sagas have been merged into the NH v JV saga, leaving MW and FM out in the cold!

Go back to your Narain and JV loving corner and hide in shame.

i am not going anywhere,least hide in shame,atleast i dont follow jv for his beautiful teeth,lovely looks and wonderful hair

Brilliant post ellswrth, pure brilliance!!!! :clap3::clap3::clap3:

But on a more serious note, I think you (and perhaps some of the others in our forum) have missed the thrust of my post. I am not suggesting that this is evidence of a burgeoning rivalry between NH and JV, and I am not denegrating NH in any way, I quite respect the young driver and rate him very highly (recall the he bettered the "Iceman" when they were teammates at Sauber). Rather, my point was that this demonstrates a clear cultural bias within BMW towards NH, which is dissapointing to me as a JV fan.

After all the crap that JV had to put up with during his last few years at BAR, Peter Sauber was a welcome relief, as he clearly had confidence in the Cdn when he signed him to a two year deal. But now that it appears there are echoes of the same climate within BMW, that has to be seen as a step backwards, at least in terms of support for JV within the team. That's all I was trying to point out.

As for prognostications of relative performance between the two - I'll leave that for the duffers, but I'd be very surprised if either of them comprehensively outpace the other.

But on a more serious note, I think you (and perhaps some of the others in our forum) have missed the thrust of my post. I am not suggesting that this is evidence of a burgeoning rivalry between NH and JV, and I am not denegrating NH in any way, I quite respect the young driver and rate him very highly (recall the he bettered the "Iceman" when they were teammates at Sauber). Rather, my point was that this demonstrates a clear cultural bias within BMW towards NH, which is dissapointing to me as a JV fan.

No, I got it. The BMW site is just what I'd expect, more of the same enthusiasm for NH and ambivalence towards JV, so it doesn't really affect me too much. Just like I'm a JV fan, so not much would change my opinion. But he11, I first saw Jacques with his father when he was about six, so what would you expect? :)

And I think you're right, there isn't going to be a lot to choose between the two of them. I'll bet the drivers themselves would get a chuckle out of the various POV that one will comprehensively outpace the other. Because THEY know how fast one another REALLY are.

No, I got it. The BMW site is just what I'd expect, more of the same enthusiasm for NH and ambivalence towards JV, so it doesn't really affect me too much. Just like I'm a JV fan, so not much would change my opinion. But he11, I first saw Jacques with his father when he was about six, so what would you expect? :)

And I think you're right, there isn't going to be a lot to choose between the two of them. I'll bet the drivers themselves would get a chuckle out of the various POV that one will comprehensively outpace the other. Because THEY know how fast one another REALLY are.

well said :thbup:

In all fairness, I like NH, but when he was racing KR at Sauber the latter had about one weekends worth of racing behind him while NH had been doing it at a high level for years. Compare the learning curves...

And its obvious that BMW will favour Nick, he's German, they are German, so they want to try and establish a large German fanbase. Besides, JV is well over the hill. I don't like him, never have and never will. He should have gone back to IRL or wherever he came from. When he was racing Hill at Williams he got raped, he is going to get the same treatment this year from NH.

JV did extremely well at williams in 96 taking pole in his first ever race. Anyway teams favouring drivers in the press is nothing new and I doubt JV will be bothered, he's 'suffered' much worse at BAR

and I doubt JV will be bothered, he's 'suffered' much worse at BAR

his JV world has more visitors than the entire german population

I think totalf1 has become another JV-world

Thats not a bad thing... Generally JV fans are peaceful people unlike the Button & NK fans who are quite Violent at times.... :D:D:D

JV fans are generally deluded. nojvnof1 seems to be on planet earth though which is good. Us button fans arent violent, we're just very passionate in what we believe in! If we come across violent its cos totalf1 generally is biased against Button & Montoya, who are undoubtedly 2 of the best drivers in f1!

! If we come across violent its cos totalf1 generally is biased against Button & Montoya, who are undoubtedly 2 of the best drivers in f1!

:wacko:

Yeah JP Montoya does get very harshly treated around here!

If we come across violent its cos totalf1 generally is biased against Button & Montoya, who are undoubtedly 2 of the best drivers in f1!

:huh::blink:

Its true though, non violent JV fans are a nice change to combative button fans.

:huh::blink:

Its true though, non violent JV fans are a nice change to combative button fans.

Exactly!