Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

funkejay

Not A Good Sign For JV Fans.....

I'm pleased that JV stayed at bmw, the nh and jv setup should work well with developing the new car. Then there's the "competitive" factor, they will spur each other on, possibly getting more out of the car than they would with a "lesser" team mate. Overall, I am satisfied with the BMW-Sauber team and it should be a fantastic battle to watch, especially when it comes to qualifying, I would say there is little between them there. NH seems to be able to hold a race together more than JV though, especially on the back of last season.

Will be good to watch.

Indeed, I have to agree with Antonia on this call, Nick will/has the full backing of BMW while it seems that the only reason that JV is there is because of his iron-clad contract, and that Mario would just as soon see JV gone, of course that last part is just my opinon..........Indeed it is................

No, to be honest, I think it will be similar to the MW v NH battle last year. I do, however, think some of you are over-estimating JV

So you are effectively rating JV alongside Webber pace wise??? I think it will be fairly even. Infact, Heidfeld might just take the upper hand.

I'm pleased that JV stayed at bmw, the nh and jv setup should work well with developing the new car. Then there's the "competitive" factor, they will spur each other on, possibly getting more out of the car than they would with a "lesser" team mate. Overall, I am satisfied with the BMW-Sauber team and it should be a fantastic battle to watch, especially when it comes to qualifying, I would say there is little between them there. NH seems to be able to hold a race together more than JV though, especially on the back of last season.

Will be good to watch.

mmmm, not sure I agree with you on that one, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion!! I do agree that they will push each other throughout the year, JV will want to prove he deserves to stay in F1, and as BMW's golden boy, NH will not want to be beaten by outgoing JV.

So you are effectively rating JV alongside Webber pace wise???

Did I say that? No. I said like, not just the same. I think some people are forgetting how much nick beat massa in sauber, and how JV wasn't THAT impressive to say the least against massa last season, he even crashed into him at monaco! And there was the whole "JV squeezed me off the track" incident as claimed by JPM. Face it JV fans, your man is out at the end of this season.

mmmm, not sure I agree with you on that one, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion!! I do agree that they will push each other throughout the year, JV will want to prove he deserves to stay in F1, and as BMW's golden boy, NH will not want to be beaten by outgoing JV.

I promise will personally give you

Did I say that? No. I said like, not just the same. I think some people are forgetting how much nick beat massa in sauber, and how JV wasn't THAT impressive to say the least against massa last season, he even crashed into him at monaco! And there was the whole "JV squeezed me off the track" incident as claimed by JPM. Face it JV fans, your man is out at the end of this season.

Indeed: being beaten rarely is!

So you are effectively rating JV alongside Webber pace wise??? I think it will be fairly even. Infact, Heidfeld might just take the upper hand.

I'm not clear (perhaps like Kaiser) which of Webber or JV you are saying is better right now. Clearly in the past JV was but now probably we agree he isn't.

I promise will personally give you

Indeed: being beaten rarely is!

I'm not clear (perhaps like Kaiser) which of Webber or JV you are saying is better right now. Clearly in the past JV was but now probably we agree he isn't.

Unless there is a penalty for the other side being wrong even I might take you up on that!

Sorry, but this offer is specifically for funkejay.

I think JV is going to surprise a few of his detractors this year. This is shaping up to be a very fun year

:eusa_think: What are you JVians smoking? weed? crack? meth? black tar? BMW will look for the first chance they have to give JV the boot................

:eusa_think: What are you JVians smoking? weed? crack? meth? black tar? BMW will look for the first chance they have to give JV the boot................

JV fans do not need contraband to experience the joy of life. JV in a competitive car is all we need to be happy.

Don't be so quick to think JV will get the boot by BMW. If he out performs NH, and the team progresses well to meet the goals set out by MT, then he will be given the seat for another year. The simple fact is BMW did not offer a 2007 seat to anyone else they talked to. They are leaving the door wide open for JV to earn the seat. That is fair.

Germans are not stupid. If JV and NH work well together and the team has better then expected success, do you really think they would upset the apple cart!!!! I don't. The have a successful experienced veteran and a hot young prospect. Sounds like the recipe for success if they all work well together.

Similarly, for those JV fans who think he'll trounce young Nick, they aren't giving Heidfeld nearly the credit he deserves as one of the most significantly under-rated drivers in the field. As I've said elsewhere, this promises to be one of the closest and toughest intra-team battles of the year...... it'll be fun to watch
Indeed. It will be close, but Jacques will edge him out I believe.

I think JV is better than Webber, even as bad (as some claim) as JV is at the moment. Webber is most definitely better over a single lap, there really aren't that many who are better than Mark, but Mark has poor racecraft and I believe JV is a better racer. I guess this debate will also be settled when we see how JV compares to Nick. Whatever happens, it'll be an interesting season, with a few questions finally being answered.

I'm not clear (perhaps like Kaiser) which of Webber or JV you are saying is better right now. Clearly in the past

Throughout his career & even now JV is/has been better than Webber!

Im saying I very much doubt NH will dominate JV in 2006 like he did MW in 2005!

The have a successful experienced veteran and a hot young prospect.

Heidfeld a prospect?? He's entering his 7th season!! JV will struggle. In my opinion NH is better than Massa

Heidfeld a prospect?? He's entering his 7th season!! JV will struggle. In my opinion NH is better than Massa

True enough. Perhaps it is NH that needs to start showing what he is made of. :eusa_think:

I will take no satisfaction from being right if NH does get the better of JV. I just thought that on this site we were all able to look at the most likely outcome and not throw our toys out of the pram.

For example, i am an MS fan. If someone says "kimi will kick his arse next year" i would have to say that they are probably right. Kimi is clearly hungrier than Michael now, and quicker. It's about whether you're prepared to be sensible about your appreciation for a particular driver.

Ther is something creepy about the JVian sect.........

NH has always shown what he was made of, bar his first season in THAT car. A combination of bad marketing and just "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" has stunted NH's F1 career. Despite him coming up to his 7th season, he has only been in a "decent" car for one year and the Williams was shoddy... very shoddy... and he didn't complete 5 races of the 19 due to injury. The Williams last year, despite it giving him two 2nds, a 3rd and a pole position was for the majority of the season only as good as the 01, 02 and 03 sauber cars.

I will take no satisfaction from being right if NH does get the better of JV. I just thought that on this site we were all able to look at the most likely outcome and not throw our toys out of the pram.

For example, i am an MS fan. If someone says "kimi will kick his arse next year" i would have to say that they are probably right. Kimi is clearly hungrier than Michael now, and quicker. It's about whether you're prepared to be sensible about your appreciation for a particular driver.

Not sure what you are getting at with the toys and the pram comment. The most likely outcome is one where JV outperforms NH. As far as I know there isn't one JV fan who has stated that JV is quicker then FA, KR or MS. I don't think it is a stretch at all to have faith that a former world champion, who seems to have toned his skills after sitting out, would outperform a quick , but truthfully, uninspiring NH. As a matter of fact if he gets waxed by NH then he probably should consider retiring.

Not sure what is so creepy about that. There are many JV fans around the world, and most of them enjoy racing for what it is. I also don't see many of us calling down other drivers or the fans of other drivers.

Geeeesh. Imagine getting bad mouthed for hoping your favorite driver can outperform another midpack driver. Throw back my toys, I'm guilty!!!!!! :mf_tongue:

NH has always shown what he was made of, bar his first season in THAT car. A combination of bad marketing and just "being in the wrong place at the wrong time" has stunted NH's F1 career. Despite him coming up to his 7th season, he has only been in a "decent" car for one year and the Williams was shoddy... very shoddy... and he didn't complete 5 races of the 19 due to injury. The Williams last year, despite it giving him two 2nds, a 3rd and a pole position was for the majority of the season only as good as the 01, 02 and 03 sauber cars.

That is my point. No offense but after seven years NH is still an unknown commodity. Most drivers would have either moved up or out by now. NH is as much on the Bubble as JV is. The only difference is he has a three year contract as is the favored son of the German team. IF he doesn't wax JV's a##, there will be a lot of questions asked about his ability. i.e. he may be forced into the number two role as the German manufacturer looks for a driver of a higher stature.

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual ;):lol:

Firstly, Nick has got the recognition he deserved by getting the Williams seat last season. His abilities are well known and I have yet speak to anybody who either dislikes him, thinks he has no place in F1, or is generally no good. People only have good words about him and he IS moving up. BMW will, obviously not in 2006, be able to do SO MUCH. I cannot see him being BMW #2, especially whilst Mario is there.

The most likely outcome is one where JV outperforms NH.

WHAT SORT OF SICK DREAM WORLD DO YOU LIVE IN?????? THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH YOU ARE OTHER JV FANS, EVEN NON-NH FANS AGREE THAT THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN

GET A GRIP BEFORE I SHOW YOU HOW TO GET ONE BY PLACING MY HANDS AROUND YOUR NECK.

PS

My toys came out of the pram long ago!!! :P

GET A GRIP BEFORE I SHOW YOU HOW TO GET ONE BY PLACING MY HANDS AROUND YOUR NECK

Sheesh, and they call us creepy... ;)

Not sure what you are getting at with the toys and the pram comment. The most likely outcome is one where JV outperforms NH. As far as I know there isn't one JV fan who has stated that JV is quicker then FA, KR or MS. I don't think it is a stretch at all to have faith that a former world champion, who seems to have toned his skills after sitting out, would outperform a quick , but truthfully, uninspiring NH. As a matter of fact if he gets waxed by NH then he probably should consider retiring.

Not sure what is so creepy about that. There are many JV fans around the world, and most of them enjoy racing for what it is. I also don't see many of us calling down other drivers or the fans of other drivers.

Geeeesh. Imagine getting bad mouthed for hoping your favorite driver can outperform another midpack driver. Throw back my toys, I'm guilty!!!!!! :mf_tongue:

That is my point. No offense but after seven years NH is still an unknown commodity. Most drivers would have either moved up or out by now. NH is as much on the Bubble as JV is. The only difference is he has a three year contract as is the favored son of the German team. IF he doesn't wax JV's a##, there will be a lot of questions asked about his ability. i.e. he may be forced into the number two role as the German manufacturer looks for a driver of a higher stature.

So much ammo, not enough time.....

How on earth have you decided that JV beating NH is the most likely outcome? Other than your faith in JV what criteria are you working to? The discussion had nothing to do with Kimi, Fernando or Michael, why do you bring them up? JV in my opinion is a former world champion who was such because he had the best car at the time. He has since been outperformed by relative nobody's. That is not indicative of a world class driver. Of course he should retire if Nick beats him, where on earth would his F1 career go from there?

All i'm saying is that i find it a bit strange that you put such faith in a guy who has factually been underperforming for some time now. F1 is about speed and nothing else. Why do you support a driver who is not as gifted as another? I don't mean that flippantly, i am genuinely interested to know why you rate him so highly.

Don't worry, the feeling is mutual ;):lol:

How? I don't consider myself to be a Schuian, i am prepared to accept the notion that he's not the best.........

GET A GRIP BEFORE I SHOW YOU HOW TO GET ONE BY PLACING MY HANDS AROUND YOUR NECK.
Sheesh, and they call us creepy... ;)

must be that 'time' or hasn't had any for a bit ;)B)