Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Williams Retain Karthikeyan

HA!

Frank Williams sold the company helicopter! They need the money!

They also sold the better part of their museum, it's terribly sad!

There is no dount Formula 1 is only for the "big boy" car manufacturers nowadays.

I think that there will not be third drivers next year, so only real drivers will take part the whole weekend next season.

Whether there are third drivers or not, I don't think Narain will make it onto the track. Unless I have over-estimated the team's finances - and of course there have been numerous indications that they are dire, not the least of which was the Indian's introduction to the team - I suspect that Frank will hire a legitimate third driver and that Narain will again fill a largely promotional role as he does now.

There is no dount Formula 1 is only for the "big boy" car manufacturers nowadays.

well the good thing about Max Mosley is that he appears to be doing anything he can to reduce costs so that teams like Williams can continue and be able to mount a decent challenge

You are in error my friend, let me quote what Baggy would have said

"It is pathetic and disgusting that Sir Frank Williams has lowered his stature and hired a pay driver of the worst calibre without any talent whatsoever who has bought his way in to F1 with a large sum of 30 million USD paid by his errant sponsors TATA"

Nothing is certain my friend, nothing, probability never can reach a 100%, as has been proved by many wise statisticians.

That MS is a 7 time WDC champion is now taken as a given, how many of us know that he got a drive only because the infamous Betrand Gachot was in jail and therefore could not drive. From such small incidents is history made, who knows what is in store for NK, for that matter when FM was driving for SP, who predicted he would one day get a podium with Ferrari ???

B)

probability does not have to 100% it just has to be one :P .

well written though

and he will be the 3d driver for williams, if not he should quit

well written though

You seem very confident of this but you may be surprised to learn that Narain is currently fourth driver, filling a largely promotional role. Why you think Frank would promote him - unless you have inside news of a new deal with Tata et al - is beyond me.

Williams are a serious team, they're not going to put Narain in the 3rd driver role. There's a load of GP2 drivers who would do better

[quote name='jemstride' post='142897' date='Sep 29 2006, 10:16 AM']Williams are a serious team, they're not going to put Narain in the 3rd driver role. There's a load of GP2 drivers who would do better[/quote]
I wouldn't have thought so but they had another bad year financially and they've already sold many of their expendable assets. Tata will be in waiting with a fat cheque should Frank be willing to sell (more of) his credibility...

You seem very confident of this but you may be surprised to learn that Narain is currently fourth driver, filling a largely promotional role. Why you think Frank would promote him - unless you have inside news of a new deal with Tata et al - is beyond me.

i do know he was fourth and now is third driver since wurz got promoted. & i thnk he will retain thord either coz of his tesing or for the money tata gives them( as learned thru this thread williams is in deep need for money)

i do know he was fourth and now is third driver since wurz got promoted.

Where have u got that information? I'm pretty sure Williams hasn't confirmed their 2007 3rd driver yet

i do know he was fourth and now is third driver since wurz got promoted. & i thnk he will retain thord either coz of his tesing or for the money tata gives them( as learned thru this thread williams is in deep need for money)

No, he's still fourth driver (Wurz is race driver from 2007 onwards, not from the Chinese GP onwards) and I think he will remain fourth driver if the Friday driver rules are maintained. I agree with your assessment of Williams' finances.

Where have u got that information? I'm pretty sure Williams hasn't confirmed their 2007 3rd driver yet

read the Press Release from williams f1.It says he is the "official test and reserve driver".

this year he was "secondary" tester.

williams syrely are in a soup but they wont announce a test driver unless they know there is no better option ...

so what ever you say .narain is the principal test driver,with maybe some Gp2 driver getting to test for a day or two during the course of the '07 sesason.

well written though

Probability can never be one, which is the same as 100%

Probability can never be one, which is the same as 100%

Lets try a kup-style post.

Disproof by contradiction: Consider the probability of a probability being not equal to one. Your assertion is that this is one. Contradiction. QED?

Lets try a kup-style post.

Disproof by contradiction: Consider the probability of a probability being not equal to one. Your assertion is that this is one. Contradiction. QED?

Lets try this again, 100% is the same as 1. Now the second part. Probability can never be 100%, which is the same as saying probability can never be 1, which is what I was trying to say. Hope this fixes any misunderstandings, and the probability of of probability not being equal to one, is not one, as probability can never be one.

Lets try this again, 100% is the same as 1. Now the second part. Probability can never be 100%, which is the same as saying probability can never be 1, which is what I was trying to say. Hope this fixes any misunderstandings, and the probability of of probability not being equal to one, is not one, as probability can never be one.

Hate to be devil's advocate, but it can - just not very often!! :D

read the Press Release from williams f1.It says he is the "official test and reserve driver".

this year he was "secondary" tester.

williams syrely are in a soup but they wont announce a test driver unless they know there is no better option ...

so what ever you say .narain is the principal test driver,with maybe some Gp2 driver getting to test for a day or two during the course of the '07 sesason.

:huh: no it doesn't

and they are still looking for a third driver, as I said earlier, he is wasting his time.

Hate to be devil's advocate, but it can - just not very often!! :D

It cannot. Mathematically impossible :)

How so ?

Thats because nothing can ever be 100% certain.

Example, everyone says that death is certain, but there is always a possibility that some crazy doctor comes up with a medicine which will make everyone live forever, you cannot say with certainty that will not happen. Another example is you can say that the seas will always be full of salt water, but you cannot say with 100% confidence that someday some climatic change will no occur that the water will become fresh.

These are simple examples no doubt, but they prove the same thing, nothing is 100% probable.

Just have another drag and keep talking mate!

20040822192615.jpeg

Thats because nothing can ever be 100% certain.

Example, everyone says that death is certain, but there is always a possibility that some crazy doctor comes up with a medicine which will make everyone live forever, you cannot say with certainty that will not happen. Another example is you can say that the seas will always be full of salt water, but you cannot say with 100% confidence that someday some climatic change will no occur that the water will become fresh.

These are simple examples no doubt, but they prove the same thing, nothing is 100% probable.

In reference to mathematical probability, an impossible event has probability of 0 and a certain event has a probability of 1, but proability 0 events are not always impossible, nor probability 1 events always certain. That's the way mathematical probability works.

In your example of dying, the probability of that, within the current confines of medical science, is 1. There is no escaping that fact. If, however, somebody in the future invented a medicine that would let you live forever, then the proability might change, but you would still have to balance that fact with the realisation that the longer you live, the more likely you are to have an accident that would result in your death anyway. However, in the hear & now, the probability is still 1.