Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Mein Kampf

Ive been reading Mein Kampf over the past few days and i find it a truely fascinating read and gives a real insight to the mind of one of the worlds most evil men. Its not exactly light reading but i would certainly recommend it.

Seriously speaking ,Ykick,it's amazing that he had the capacity to make millions agree with his way of thinking. It's true that evil often has a genius hidden inside it.

Seriously speaking ,Ykick,it's amazing that he had the capacity to make millions agree with his way of thinking. It's true that evil often has a genius hidden inside it.

Reading his book there is no doubt in my mind that he was a genius as you put it. He had idea's about nearly every aspect of German society and he managed to change a entire country in the space of about 10 years by using fear as a weapon and as a result he managed to convince perfectly nice people to commit acts of what can only be described as pure evil.

Reading his book there is no doubt in my mind that he was a genius as you put it. He had idea's about nearly every aspect of German society and he managed to change a entire country in the space of about 10 years by using fear as a weapon and as a result he managed to convince perfectly nice people to commit acts of what can only be described as pure evil.

just don't turn into one of them "cheesekop" nazi radicals.... :P

I've also read it.

I agree,it's worth reading.Usually our concept of Hitler is:a mad man that killed lots of people and hated everyone that was different,I mean,that's what they teach us in history class,very superficial stuff.When I read it I found out that he was a very intelligent person,and I understood better lots of things.

I've also read it.

I agree,it's worth reading.Usually our concept of Hitler is:a mad man that killed lots of people and hated everyone that was different,I mean,that's what they teach us in history class,very superficial stuff.When I read it I found out that he was a very intelligent person,and I understood better lots of things.

:rolleyes: Yeah...whatever...thank you Ykick, once again for opening a huge can of worms!

:rolleyes: Yeah...whatever...thank you Ykick, once again for opening a huge can of worms!

I simply made a thread recommending that people take the time to read the book as it gives a good insight into Hilters state of mind. I cant see a heated debate on Hitler happening as nearly everyone in the world hates him. I guess we could start debating about who hates him more if you want :eusa_think:

One thing I've always wondered about people like Hitler is this: does it make sense to say that they are morally responsible for their actions? What exactly is the difference between criminals (mass murderers etc) and the rest of us that ensures we make different choices? If there is a genetic difference then the criminals are mentally ill, and can't be held morally accountable. If there is no genetic difference then we are "all the same" fundamentally and would all have behaved the same way, if we had had the same life experiences, and hence again we can hardly blame the criminals for acting as they do. Thus, no one can be held morally accountable for anything!

The only assumption here, as far as I can see, is that our actions are completely determined by a combination of genetics and experience alone. I guess if you believe in souls then you could say that the souls have genuine free will. This still leaves many problems imho. How exactly do souls have free will? I can't imagine any way in which they could get round the problem above: in other words what makes some souls good and others bad? This really just pushes the problem one step further back and hence is no help at all (as such it seems fitting that this is the religious person's answer ;) ). Also what are souls, how do they affect our behaviour? What evidence do we have for them? And interestingly, what if the criminal doesn't believe in souls, and hence thinks he couldn't help doing what he did? Who is to decide whether souls exist, and hence whether he is morally culpable or not? :lol:

As for Mein Kampf itself, I've never read it and tbh I'm pretty sure there have been hundreds of better thinkers in history than Hitler, who no doubt was a talented dictator nonetheless. Good, accessible ideas can be found in any decent introductory philosophy book, like Simon Blackburn's "Think"! I recommend it over Mein Kampf any day.

Mein Kampf is a great example of why censorship is a really bad idea. Back when it was first published in Germany it was reasonably popular so a British publisher decided to translate it into English and sell it in England. The problem was that the British publishers censored alot of the book as it was far to controversial. A arguement can be made that if the publisher didnt censor the book then the English government would have seen that Hilter wasnt a person they wanted to have any kind of power and they might have been able to stop him before he obtained that power but since the book was heavyily censored then the English government had no idea that Hilter was that bad until it was too late.

Yes I agree censorship is almost always a very bad idea. Our debates on here have changed my mind on that! Especially talking to Jay (Funkejay).

Hitler was a sick person, he was a mass murderer. I won't bother to read the book, he deserves absolutely no respect. From a twisted mind one gets influence when one reads biography s##t like this, you'll start saying things like he was really an intelligent man etc etc :naughty: . It's no better than reading a book about an apartheid leader who had absolutely no regard for human life. Good dictatorship my a##, he flippin bailed out when they were closing in on him and committed suicide. The world should be rid of all his sick twisted thoughts, let's burn all copies of Mein Kampf!!!!! I don't need to read s##t about a madman who looked like a cross between a thick stick and a comical monkey.

yes, you were saying ykick..???

Please, dont start again...the leaders thread was enough...

Hitler was a sick person, he was a mass murderer. I won't bother to read the book, he deserves absolutely no respect. From a twisted mind one gets influence when one reads biography s##t like this, you'll start saying things like he was really an intelligent man etc etc :naughty: . It's no better than reading a book about an apartheid leader who had absolutely no regard for human life. Good dictatorship my a##, he flippin bailed out when they were closing in on him and committed suicide. The world should be rid of all his sick twisted thoughts, let's burn all copies of Mein Kampf!!!!! I don't need to read s##t about a madman who looked like a cross between a thick stick and a comical monkey.

One of the biggest scumbag savage b#####d motha f**kers the world has ever seen.... Hope he's enjoying burning for eternity in hell!

But what makes him evil and not us?

Compensating for a criminally small d!ck. It's a well known fact - it's as scientific as the rule of 3 or sod's law.

One of the biggest scumbag savage b#####d motha f**kers the world has ever seen.... Hope he's enjoying burning for eternity in hell!

I heard he has taken over Satan's role, and Satan is busy down here! :D

I expect bUSH to take his role when he kicks his buckets, I wonder what Sadam is doing!

why can't we talk about it?we're not defending him,we're not doing anything bad.If you're not interested in it,I understand it,but let us talk about it.

I am quite sure that he was intelligent.Not because I got influence from him,but because he was able to convince soo many people about a lot of nonsense ideas and so on.Again,I'm in favour of reading every sorts of things,not just what is politically correct.

why can't we talk about it?we're not defending him,we're not doing anything bad.If you're not interested in it,I understand it,but let us talk about it.

I am quite sure that he was intelligent.Not because I got influence from him,but because he was able to convince soo many people about a lot of nonsense ideas and so on.Again,I'm in favour of reading every sorts of things,not just what is politically correct.

Ermm...I didn't say I was not interested in the subject, in fact I wrote quite an extense post in my blog :P

I didn't accuse Ykick of anything bad either. I was just making a joke on Ykick and his usually politically controversial threads. Not bad at all, I love them.

As for the politically correct vs politically incorrect, I am growing tired of that BS. Someday I will give my point of view on the "correctness" of being "politically incorrect"

I didn't accuse Ykick of anything bad either. I was just making a joke on Ykick and his usually politically controversial threads. Not bad at all, I love them.

I am who i am :D

At least this thread isnt turning out like the "Happy Birthday Osma" thread :P