Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lalindra

Hamilton To Ferrari

And that is why I am convinced that Hamilton never said all the things they say and that this is all just a bunch of out of context comments, a lot of bitchying and some stupid attitudes mixed together, and blown out of proportion thanks to some yellow press and the fact that the races are so boring we need anything to debate, anything! :lol:

My predictions for the future: Hamilton will act as nothing ever happened, Alonso will win some races, Hamilton will win some others, and if next year McLaren keeps in great form, prepare for the most epic battles between great drivers since the Prost vs Senna era!

What??? Schumacher who??? :lol:

:clap3:

If hamilton is going to ferrari I think it will be around 2010.

2 reasons

1)Hami under contract to mclaren till 2011

2)Kimi n Massa having contracts with ferrari till 2009

Like one said he might be like mika who was with mclaren through out

But then again he's still 22. Long way to go.

It remains to be seen whether he will stick to mclaren for around 10 years :eusa_think:

If hamilton is going to ferrari I think it will be around 2010.

2 reasons

1)Hami under contract to mclaren till 2011

2)Kimi n Massa having contracts with ferrari till 2009

Like one said he might be like mika who was with mclaren through out

But then again he's still 22. Long way to go.

It remains to be seen whether he will stick to mclaren for around 10 years :eusa_think:

Now we have to wonder what will happen with Alonso? will he be back at Renault?

A) I am SO glad I am a Kubica (and, I guess BMW Sauber) fan!

B) It's probably 95% media BS. Remember the speculations at the beginning of 07 about tensions between Heidfeld and Kubica?

C) It will all be answered 10 yesr from now when they all end up in NASCAR or some other racing circuit like Montoya, Andretti, and Cheever (remember him?).

Funny, how NASCAR and Rally drivers retire to offroad (say Dakar or Baja rallies) and F1 drivers retire to Indy, and then NASCAR.

D) no, I do not have anything more to contribute other than I agree with the "Theissen Principle" - Praise in public, scorn in private, and keep the team's dirty laundry in-house.

Hamilton's comments show how immature he still is. Compare this to Kubica's comments to date-at least in this "competition" Kubica is clearly a winner. :clap3:

Here are Lewis' choices right now:

1) Obey Ron and travel the route taken by DC. (A few wins but never the championship)

2) Pull a Peroni and overtake Fernando anyway, and to hell with Ron. (My personal choice. Peroni was fast, but everyone knew that Gilles was the faster of the two...and everyone looked down on Didier because had Gilles really been racing, Peroni wouldn't have had a chance. Hamilton is just as fast, if not faster, than Alonso....there's no harm in letting the world see that.)

3) Sign with Ferrari. (Really, no other team bar McLaren are ever going to have a decent shot at either Championship anytime soon.)

I don't care where Lewis goes, as long as he never 'settles' for a #2 position in a team.

Mike, you are not thinking...chief priest is not thinking! :rolleyes:

He may be in a situation which Mika was caught in during his debut, should I remind everyone?

At present, the rules and the car really suits Lewis, It will be interesting to see how well he does when rules change later.

Ron didnt nurse him to finish second behind Alonso, Ron is still building him, May be its that Ron does not want to overload the building too fast. Building may colapse. Let is be philosophical about this. Let us wait and see what happens during the next two races in America. I dont really know if Lewis will do well in those two races, but I expect him to be back in form for the European races.

Hamilton's comments show how immature he still is. Compare this to Kubica's comments to date-at least in this "competition" Kubica is clearly a winner. :clap3:

what comments? do u have a quote? if you look at the post-race press conference on f1.com, you will see that Hamilton doesnt moan at all, he just says he's glad to be consistently on the podium (see my earlier post)

Mike, you are not thinking...chief priest is not thinking! :rolleyes:

He may be in a situation which Mika was caught in during his debut, should I remind everyone?

At present, the rules and the car really suits Lewis, It will be interesting to see how well he does when rules change later.

Ron didnt nurse him to finish second behind Alonso, Ron is still building him, May be its that Ron does not want to overload the building too fast. Building may colapse. Let is be philosophical about this. Let us wait and see what happens during the next two races in America. I dont really know if Lewis will do well in those two races, but I expect him to be back in form for the European races.

I want to see the drivers race. Period. I don't want to see a 'fixed' (as opposed to ever-changing) result. I want to know that the boy-god's ultimate result at the end of the day is what he rightly earned by his own Divine Racecraft. Hamilton was treated no better than DC by Ron Dennis and it would do well for him to buck that trend before it starts.

I want to see the drivers race. Period. I don't want to see a 'fixed' (as opposed to ever-changing) result. I want to know that the boy-god's ultimate result at the end of the day is what he rightly earned by his own Divine Racecraft. Hamilton was treated no better than DC by Ron Dennis and it would do well for him to buck that trend before it starts.

i'm sure that behind the scenes, Lewis will make his feelings very clear to his bosses. So would any self-respecting driver

i'm sure that behind the scenes, Lewis will make his feelings very clear to his bosses. So would any self-respecting driver

Perhaps, but DC is more outspoken than Lewis and he didn't have much luck. Ron doesn't seem to realize that if you hinder the racing spirit, it tends to dull. When a driver like Lewis is on fire, you need to feed that fire, not douse it.

If it were only the Daily Mail reporting this, I would dismiss it too. The Times is much more reputable and I doubt they would make it up completely, though I suspect even they would accept it's a bit of an outside possibility at this stage. Personally I hope Hamilton stays at McLaren so he can beat the best driver in the world: Alonso.

Isn't he already doing that :P

I don't care where Lewis goes, as long as he never 'settles' for a #2 position in a team.

Agree, he has probably done enough in his short career to show that he should never be a number 2.

It all makes perfect sense, if Hamilton had been leading, he would of told them to cool it anyway..... Lewis is an equal at McLaren, if he wasn't he wouldn't of finished ahead of Alonso in Spain.

Good point.

My guess is that Lewis was faster in qualifying but 'Nando was faster in the race. Lewis still has to learn how to match 'Nando's supreme race pace and consistency.

Another good point.

When Einstein was questioned about his theory of relativity, and what he would say if it wasn't confirmed, he answered in this way: "It is correct anyway."

This is the same with God and I don't mean Hamilton. :lol:

what comments? do u have a quote? if you look at the post-race press conference on f1.com, you will see that Hamilton doesnt moan at all, he just says he's glad to be consistently on the podium (see my earlier post)

You ARE kidding, right?? :eusa_think:

And when you will shell out $20,000,000 a year to run a team, YOU CAN HAVE IT! :clap3: And watch two of your drivers wreck BOTH of your investments (cars) in turn 2 of the first race of the year jusr so you can watch them RACE!!!

And than I want to know what you would tell the sponsors??? :eusa_think:

Let us see what happens in Canada. If such bulls##t takes place, Mike, for the sake of religion, be ready to get rid of Ron when he comes to Indy, you will be rewarded in Heaven. :naughty:

:lol: Such a cynic Schumikonen! I didn't expect it from you. ;)

(I was trying to take fuel loads into account already, but there's a lot of guesswork involved in that.)

THAT WAS an excellent comeback from Shumiekonen Mr Murray Walker :lol::lol:

Why did Hammy instead of trying to overtake Alonso at the start get right behind Alonso and held off Massa?

because they would've both ended up in the wall

You ARE kidding, right?? :eusa_think:

the only 'moaning' that you could take from Lewis's comments is that he says 'i'm the number 2 driver'

Tu quoque, Brutus? :lol:

Come on, Mike! Do you honestly think that Ron would consider his "golden boy", the genius he has been nurturing for the past 10 years to become just Alonso's lackey? I don't think so. In fact, I have no idea why would he want to do that in Monaco except, maybe, because his plans for Lewis are long-term and decided to make sure there would be no fight between his drivers in a race they had already won since the start (a prospect i doubt will repeat in the next few races, at least). I don't think Ron "forced" Lewis to settle for second place. I would have feel outraged if Lewis would have been leading the race and forced to yield first place to Alonso. But as he already was in second place...

Anyways, before someone says I am saying all this to defend Alonso, let me put this straight: if Lewis really outdrives Alonso, he will surely count with my deepest admiration, for I consider Alonso the greatest proven driver still active. So if Lewis can beat him, it will be surely something to praise and admire! I have no problems with that! I am a fan, not a fanboi of Alonso. I reckon he has sometimes a bit too arrogant attitude (like many others, btw, but that is no comfort) He has also made mistakes, he has chosen wrong strategies at some races, too. But so far, he is the best. Lewis is a worthy contestant, but nothing else, and can't be anything else but a worthy contestant not because I hate him or because I'm biased but because IT?S BEEN ONLY A HANDFUL FRIGGIN' RACES!!! :lol:

Oh, Mike, I know I am replying to some points you never made. More of a general reply.

Player(1) and Wez are nowhere to be seen and I have to carry the burden of being the official pro-Alonso troll :lol:

The Quiet One, apart from having Sh#tty days at work, you post have become extensively looooonnnnggggerrr the last few days, defending the eyebrow donkey. Does it mean the fact that the rookie boy-god Lewis having the measure of Alonso got TF1's Andres rattled. I wonder??? :lol::lol::lol:

And when you will shell out $20,000,000 a year to run a team, YOU CAN HAVE IT! :clap3: And watch two of your drivers wreck BOTH of your investments (cars) in turn 2 of the first race of the year jusr so you can watch them RACE!!!

And than I want to know what you would tell the sponsors??? :eusa_think:

Well, if they did that, then I would tell the sponsors we need better drivers.

i think its sad that some racing fans would actually prefer teams to employ a 'second' driver to be a lackey for the first driver.

I would've thought most fans would prefer to see 2 top drivers pushing each other, its much more exciting to watch

i think its sad that some racing fans would actually prefer teams to employ a 'second' driver to be a lackey for the first driver.

I would've thought most fans would prefer to see 2 top drivers pushing each other, its much more exciting to watch

that itself will only push the team further as well

that itself will only push the team further as well

Indeed. Motivation at McLaren is (from what we see) sky-high, they love having 2 super-fast drivers pushing each other, and fighting each other.

mclaren will never be like their arch-nemesis ferrari, who are quite happy to have number 1 and number 2

The Quiet One, apart from having Sh#tty days at work, you post have become extensively looooonnnnggggerrr the last few days, defending the eyebrow donkey. Does it mean the fact that the rookie boy-god Lewis having the measure of Alonso got TF1's Andres rattled. I wonder??? :lol::lol::lol:

:blush:

You are right, I suck at making short posts :lol:

But when Player(1) and Wez were around they could express all this in shorter, much more understandable posts and all I had to do was say "I agree"...those happy days are gone so you will have to do a lot of reading if you want to understand my confused mind! :D