Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

2008 Italian Gran Prix Thread

Hamiltons Move on Glock, he could claim the spray prevented him from seeing in his mirror. THe move on Webber has no defence.. Why even bother putting Mirrors on his car. He never uses them.

But Whatever. Vettel is the story. HE won Pole and followed it up with a stellar drive to take his first Grand Prix. Maybe the new kid will take some shine off the media spotlight on Hamilton, and we can hear about somebody else for a change

Actually, he uses them better than anyone else, don't get me wrong I'm not defending him, but he uses his mirrors oh so well to place his car when defending. Of course I agree that his moves were a little much today.
:lol: Oh you think he is a bigger prick then I do then. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he chose not to use them, you are saying the things he did were intentional :lol:
Well they were obviously intentional :lol: At least the pushing of Webber at turn one was, he knew what he was doing.

Just quoted y'all for reference, rather than nit picking anyone...but...

Hamilton slide to the side on Glock is called knowing the guy is there and giving him two options, lift off and fall in behind, or two, go on the grass, lift off and fall behind. That's called RACING.

The Webber contact on Lewis was a near mirror image of Lewis on Kimi from last week, at, oh, a chicane. Except Lewis never turned in on Kimi, and thus avoided hitting him, and the rest is history, and last night, Webber turns in and hits Lewis. Lewis held the line, as he is allowed to do (as I presume since Kimi was allowed to only 7 days prior), and Webber was left with a couple of choices, just like Glock - keep going straight and use the escape road without any harm to either himself or Lewis, or two, turn into the corner hoping that Lewis was going to turn at the exact same moment. He chose the latter, and they rubbed wheels, which meant Webber then had to use the escape road. Which is what he could have done all along. Once again, it's called RACING, and DEFENDING your position into the corner, just like Kimi did seven days ago, on Lewis.

Now, lets have some more RACING thankyou very much. None of this namby pamby broke my fingernail s##te!

Great race.

Hamilton slide to the side on Glock is called knowing the guy is there and giving him two options, lift off and fall in behind, or two, go on the grass, lift off and fall behind. That's called RACING.

If anything Hamilton needs to watch his back, I think if he starts to be know as the guy who drives aggressively, Like an MS or AS he needs some weight behind him, and right now Meclaren can't really give him that any more.

It would be all too easy for someone like Glock to start thinking "He has ten thousand times more to loose then I do right now, maybe I wont move out of the way for that arse." And then Hamilton really has shot himself in the foot, twice.

The Webber contact on Lewis was a near mirror image of Lewis on Kimi from last week, at, oh, a chicane. Except Lewis never turned in on Kimi, and thus avoided hitting him, and the rest is history, and last night, Webber turns in and hits Lewis. Lewis held the line, as he is allowed to do (as I presume since Kimi was allowed to only 7 days prior), and Webber was left with a couple of choices, just like Glock - keep going straight and use the escape road without any harm to either himself or Lewis, or two, turn into the corner hoping that Lewis was going to turn at the exact same moment. He chose the latter, and they rubbed wheels, which meant Webber then had to use the escape road. Which is what he could have done all along. Once again, it's called RACING, and DEFENDING your position into the corner, just like Kimi did seven days ago, on Lewis.

Now, lets have some more RACING thankyou very much. None of this namby pamby broke my fingernail s##te!

Great race.

Maybe watch it again

I believe that the most underestimated and underreported team at Monza this year was BMW. I didn't even know that Kubica took third until I saw it in the caption after he crossed the finish line. He ended up way ahead of all of his Q2 mates.

That aside, I never liked Hamiltom because of his arogant overconfidence masked with false modesty. I was practically lynched on this forum after last year incident between Kubica and Hamilton ( I still don't understand ahy Kubica was penalised then). After Monza I actually despise him. He wasn't driving briliantly, he was driving like a hooligan. And something tells me there WILL be more people down the road that will not move aside for the (former) boy wonder, and he may end up not finishing some races (one would only hope...). Sorry,. racing is one thing, but running people off the track because you are leadingWDC and coming through is quite another. That's why I didn't exactly like MS, and DEFINITELY hate this British p***k.

Great race.

Before you make comparisons and try to rant at others I suggest you look at the footage again.

You'll find the Raikkonen incident happened much later in the corner; at the point where Webber and Hamilton made the contact, Hamilton had enough room in the incident with Raikkonen.

They are different incidents.

Before you make comparisons and try to rant at others I suggest you look at the footage again.

You'll find the Raikkonen incident happened much later in the corner; at the point where Webber and Hamilton made the contact, Hamilton had enough room in the incident with Raikkonen.

They are different incidents.

:yawn:

Get over yourself with this Webber worship. It was a racing incident and Webber has let it slide, you should too 'dear'

Wow i just cant believe Vettels won...

:D :D I mean I knew he could do it but to win it so comfortably and so far infront.

He made everyone seem to ordinary (apart from Hamilton and Massa) in a Toro Rosso!

Im sooo happy for the Ex Minardi mechanics! They deserve this for all those years at the back.

Next thing for Vettel to do now is be the youngest world champion ^_^

:yawn:

Get over yourself with this Webber worship. It was a racing incident and Webber has let it slide, you should too 'dear'

A little better, but still lacking originality; I'm sure you can try harder.

Maybe before ranting at me you should look at what I've said instead of assuming darling. Merely stating that the two incidents were different and therefore the comparison is flawed ;) Looks like you engaged the fingers before the brain...

Still, better luck next time with your crusade.

Mmmm...watched it live, watched the replays in the live transmission, watched the highlights package, watched the last half of the race on the sport channel again, and gee...wouldn't ya know it, Webber turns to the right before Hamilton and touches his tyre, each and every time, and each and every time but a car and a bit lengths from the white line marking the road. Around about the same place as Kimi on Lewis, but Kimi can do no wrong, can he Kay? Only Lewis can. Or maybe Kimi was straight lining that corner for as long as possible to protect his race lead at the time, and keep his title hopes on, er, track. Lewis had made the pass, and Webber was trying to outbrake him on the outside, just like Lewis on Kimi in Spa.

Or maybe that was another race, in another far off galaxy, far far away.....

Mmmm...watched it live, watched the replays in the live transmission, watched the highlights package, watched the last half of the race on the sport channel again, and gee...wouldn't ya know it, Webber turns to the right before Hamilton and touches his tyre, each and every time, and each and every time but a car and a bit lengths from the white line marking the road. Around about the same place as Kimi on Lewis, but Kimi can do no wrong, can he Kay? Only Lewis can. Or maybe Kimi was straight lining that corner for as long as possible to protect his race lead at the time, and keep his title hopes on, er, track. Lewis had made the pass, and Webber was trying to outbrake him on the outside, just like Lewis on Kimi in Spa.

Wow only about one sentence of that post is relevant to what I said!

I suggest you watch it again, they didn't happen at the same place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRx3AZx-11o

That incident happened much later into the corner.

That's the only thing I disputed.

BTW why am I all of a sudden a Kimi fan, you can't change who I support to suit your argument. Again I never passed judgement on what Hamilton did; I said Webber would say as it is and I would accept that. Doesn't stop your comparison being weak.

Had to wait until late evening to watch the race as other half was at work, bless! But... boy!! I really enjoyed this race. As much as Lewis is dislikeable right now, he did a proper storm through the field (even if a few of his moves were questionable). You have to give him a +1 for effort. He really did pick up his game.

Plus the fact that Vettel won was brilliant. Well done Seb!

But I could have bitchslapped Heikki. His face looked as if he had been slapped with a wet crocodile, never mind fish. Miserable little s##t!

But I could have bitchslapped Heikki. His face looked as if he had been slapped with a wet crocodile, never mind fish. Miserable little s##t!

Oh come on, be fair, he got beat by a German in a Ferrari-ish car. That's enough to give anyone a horrible deja vu experience :whistling:

Actually, it was a bit odd wasn't it. Usually Heikki is a lot more amiable than that.

Ok, now Why did webber turn in. Look left. Well look at that! Car 22 moved over on him and was forcing him of the track. Now why would he do that as they were coming into a right hander, and the racing line into that corner was much further ot the right.

There is closing the door, guarding your positon, and then just pushing people off the track. It is really funny actually, becuase in the next four races Hamilton and Massa are going to have to pass these guys again. Wonder who they are going to yield to easiest? A guy like Webber does his talking on the track. I can't wait to see what he has to say about this.

- Heikke is just a waste of c#ckpit space, driving the best car of the grid in the rain, he finishes more than 10 seconds behind a Toro Rosso.

- Not a particulary especial race for Felipe, but still he managed to stay ahead of Hamilton.

- Hamilton had indeed a very good race, but i gotta say, he made some very dirty moves on Glock, Alonso and Webber. Totaly unnecessary

- Kimi was nothig more than burocratic, if he stays like that till the end of the year, he won

Great race.

I'm a fan of racing too, I wouldn't change the moves Hammy pulled because I enjoyed watching them, I liked the way he bullied Glock and Webber, why the hell shouldn't he? The point I'd make is that the moves were not completely necessary as there was no way Webber could have got past, he didn't need to squeeze him that much. Same with Glock. It doesn't matter to me though, it spices up F1. But please it's very annoying to hear people getting so unnecessarily defensive over Hammy's moves...why can't we just accept that yes his moves were bold, and yes that will p**s people off, and yes people on this forum will bring it up.

Great race.

OK!!!!

I hope Kimi, Alonso, Massa, and whomever else all do it to Hamilton in the next race. Then lets see if you call it racing. :lol:;)

I'm a fan of racing too, I wouldn't change the moves Hammy pulled because I enjoyed watching them, I liked the way he bullied Glock and Webber, why the hell shouldn't he? The point I'd make is that the moves were not completely necessary as there was no way Webber could have got past, he didn't need to squeeze him that much. Same with Glock. It doesn't matter to me though, it spices up F1. But please it's very annoying to hear people getting so unnecessarily defensive over Hammy's moves...why can't we just accept that yes his moves were bold, and yes that will p**s people off, and yes people on this forum will bring it up.

Post of the year.

Post of the year.

No, I have written better. But not by much.

- Kimi was nothig more than burocratic, if he stays like that till the end of the year, he won