Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Doesn't Anyone Want Alonso?

Alonso is my favourite driver. He is so awesome.

After setting the world afire with two incredible world championships which invited comparisons to Senna and Fangio, he joined Mclaren. Where his car was sabotaged and he was molested by Mr. R. D. which dented his confidence and made him say all sorts of silly things he never meant :( But he was sooooooooo much better than Looohissss it's not funny. So he is like the best drive on the grid, by far. He is awesome. So why doesn't anyone want him? Ferrari ddin't want him, Mclaren were happy to see the back of him, BMW don't want him??

All this makes me so sad. I think the whole world of F1 is corrupt because obviously Alonso is so awesome and I love him :( :( :(

After setting the world afire with two incredible world championships which invited comparisons to Senna and Fangio, he joined Mclaren. Where his car was sabotaged and he was molested by Mr. R. D. which dented his confidence and made him say all sorts of silly things he never meant :( But he was sooooooooo much better than Looohissss it's not funny. So he is like the best drive on the grid, by far. He is awesome. So why doesn't anyone want him? Ferrari ddin't want him, Mclaren were happy to see the back of him, BMW don't want him??

All this makes me so sad. I think the whole world of F1 is corrupt because obviously Alonso is so awesome and I love him :( :( :(

The start was a bit lacklustre and the ending was poor. The middle bit was a tad iffy. Other than that, great post, Cav :lol:

You still believe he's not destined for ferrari 2010?

Anyone who's a real motorsport fan would never ask this question.

For this is nothing new nor surprising, for example Fangio in 58 had no good ride/opportunity despite being Fangio.

Equally Moss had nothing but second hand/ privateer cars (quite fragile) after MB/Maserati/Vanwall withdrew despite being the best on the grid.

Some that should have made it, never made it like Moss, Peterson, Villeneuve.

Most WDCs didn't exited from the sport on top as WDCs or runner-ups, only Hawthorne, Stewart, Prost and Schumacher did, the rest were injured, killed or in uncompetitive equipment and/or form.

If the majority rule applies here Alonso will end as a mid-field/ backmarker here just to make up the numbers as all but the exceptions mentioned did.

But if accept this clear separation between winners and loser, that the heroes of today will the zeros of tomorrow than you can have a great racing series.

In motorsport it's always the best car-driver combo that wins, not necessarily the best driver.

That's how it's always been, and the champion in motorsport is but a gimmick brought in from ball sports to bring the crowds.

If a team manager thinks he's got a good enough team to aid a decent/acceptable car-driver combo then that's all he needs.

The great Colin Chapman once said "most races are won in garages".

:lol: Awesome! And it's not really bait imho (but then I would say that). We genuinely want to know how it is that the top teams don't want the 'best' driver, despite the fact that Ferrari's clear number 2 has had to lead the fight this year.

You still believe he's not destined for ferrari 2010?

Dunno Brad, but if he is why didn't they take him this year?

In motorsport it's always the best car-driver combo that wins, not necessarily the best driver.

That's how it's always been, and the champion in motorsport is but a gimmick brought in from ball sports to bring the crowds.

If a team manager thinks he's got a good enough team to aid a decent/acceptable car-driver combo then that's all he needs.

I completely agree with this*. The WDC is practically meaningless. But people manage to ignore that awkward point just as they ignore the curious fact that no one wants Alonso's six tenths.

(*but not with your idea that Alonso's situation is completely normal for supposedly the best driver)

:lol: Awesome! And it's not really bait imho (but then I would say that). We genuinely want to know how it is that the top teams don't want the 'best' driver, despite the fact that Ferrari's clear number 2 has had to lead the fight this year.

Dunno Brad, but if he is why didn't they take him this year?

Remember, they are not all under the misguided influence and perception like you that Alonso's the best driver on the grid.....

oooohhhh, that was really good bait :lol::lol:

Shhhhhhh Bradders! Don't tell anyone I ever said that. Besides, my money was always on Sutil. Class act, that boy. Nifty pianist too.

For this is nothing new nor surprising, for example Fangio in 58 had no good ride/opportunity despite being Fangio.

Equally Moss had nothing but second hand/ privateer cars (quite fragile) after MB/Maserati/Vanwall withdrew despite being the best on the grid.

Most WDCs didn't exited from the sport on top as WDCs or runner-ups, only Hawthorne, Stewart, Prost and Schumacher did, the rest were injured, killed or in uncompetitive equipment and/or form.

If the majority rule applies here Alonso will end as a mid-field/ backmarker here just to make up the numbers as all but the exceptions mentioned did.

But if accept this clear separation between winners and loser, that the heroes of today will the zeros of tomorrow than you can have a great racing series.

lovely post DOF, enjoyed it...

Shhhhhhh Bradders! Don't tell anyone I ever said that. Besides, my money was always on Sutil. Class act, that boy. Nifty pianist too.

If they start putting any more paddles on the steering wheel, then that should help :lol:

I cant wait to see what kinda discussion this starts...

Hope I won't be let down...

Then again, Cav is involved... so .... I am sure I won't be :lol:

Yup. Nobody except the few teams that contacted him: Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Red Bull, STR and, of course, Renault.

Yeah, why Williams, Force India and Macca didn't want him? :P

If they start putting any more paddles on the steering wheel, then that should help :lol:

:lol: Yeah - actually playing the piano is quite similar to driving because you have to think about and control lots of different things at once, using your hands and feet. There's a rhythm and sequence to both too.

Yup. Nobody except the few teams that contacted him: Ferrari, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Red Bull, STR and, of course, Renault.

Exactly!

It's the same reason as why I am not married to Shania Twain - I said no to her :whistling:

:lol: Yeah - actually playing the piano is quite similar to driving because you have to think about and control lots of different things at once, using your hands and feet. There's a rhythm and sequence to both too.

Errrrr nope, it's actually nothing like driving :whistling::lol:

Errrrr nope, it's actually nothing like driving :whistling::lol:

:lol: Oh, you don't play one of those pianos with the paddles on the steering wheel? So old fashioned.

Well its not that no one wants Alonso...its more Alonso doesnt want the people who want him. Honda for example are desperate for him but he wont go there. Toyota im sure are probably interested. BMW were, but I think they believe Kubica will end up being a better driver and im sure Alonso and Kubica together wont be a good idea.

All the top teams 3 has 1 (or even 2) driver(s) who can win the championship, Hamilton, Kimi and Massa, Kubica so they dont need another one. So its seems that Alonso is destined to stay at Renault and win championships the hard way (help develop the car and test allllll winter) rather than hop straight into Ferrari or BMW. Rather than jumping ship all the time *cough*Button*cough*, maybe he should just stick with Renault (where he won his championships) and just work his a## off. They have the potential to do it, and if Alonso is still hungry he has the ability to do it.

If he does pull it off, he'll be considered as one of the greatest for sure.

I must admit I am a big fan of his, he may be arrogant, he may be selfish and all i he cares about is winning for himself (from what ive heard) but I still think he's a bloody good driver.

Wow really? I guess Alonso (bless him) has good reasons for refusing top drives and electing to stay with a Flavio less Renault. Maybe he likes to be compared to a top flight driver like Piquet, or a rookie if they replace him, rather than be seen with a Kubeetza, whom he would easily beat? I think Alonso is so great, he loves a challenege. And Piquet is an appropriate one for his greatness.

Yep, champions were either killed, or couldn't get good drives after they got old / fat / lazy/ slow. The latter seems like the more likely possibility today..

Well its not that no one wants Alonso...its more Alonso doesnt want the people who want him.

Well the Alonsosteric press told us that Mclaren wanted him back. Then they told us Ferrari wanted him. Then they told us Ferrari had signed him. Then we were told that BMW definitely want him. And Toyota have always wanted him apparently. See the pattern? While I have no doubt he will be better than that wizened antique at Honda, I doubt if he can beat Button, or whether he will ahve an overall positive impact on team harmony.

All the top teams 3 has 1 (or even 2) driver(s) who can win the championship, Hamilton, Kimi and Massa, Kubica so they dont need another one.

Ron Dennis used to chase Schumacher when he had Hakkinen. Williams always wanted Schumacher.

So its seems that Alonso is destined to stay at Renault and win championships the hard way (help develop the car and test allllll winter)

Driver don't make the cars.

Cav is baaaaaaaaaaack! :clap3:

we missed your impresions about Singapore