Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Why Doesn't Anyone Want Alonso?

Yep, champions were either killed, or couldn't get good drives after they got old / fat / lazy/ slow.

Not necessary old / fat / lazy/ slow, just that they weren't seen as irreplaceable because they weren't (for the top team(s) of the time).

If you know the logic why this fuss/thread ?!

I was so happy that the best driver in the world won, I danced naked in my room :D

Yes, that image definitely ruined my lunch for today.

Wow really? I guess Alonso (bless him) has good reasons for refusing top drives and electing to stay with a Flavio less Renault. Maybe he likes to be compared to a top flight driver like Piquet, or a rookie if they replace him, rather than be seen with a Kubeetza, whom he would easily beat? I think Alonso is so great, he loves a challenege. And Piquet is an appropriate one for his greatness.

You are rusty, Cav. Where's the subtlety? Where are the carefully built arguments? You are losing your touch :P

All the top teams 3 has 1 (or even 2) driver(s) who can win the championship, Hamilton, Kimi and Massa, Kubica so they dont need another one. So its seems that Alonso is destined to stay at Renault and win championships the hard way (help develop the car and test allllll winter) rather than hop straight into Ferrari or BMW. Rather than jumping ship all the time *cough*Button*cough*, maybe he should just stick with Renault (where he won his championships) and just work his a## off. They have the potential to do it, and if Alonso is still hungry he has the ability to do it.

Button jumped ship once. Actually, correct that - he never jumped ship. He was already at Honda, so your comment is completely invalid.

Besides, lets talk about jumping ship. Why do I not see you mentioning Michael Schumacher. Jordan to Benetton. ;)

Cav, I'm sure your thread is all meant in the best humour. I found it funny. And I like Nando.

...Cav, I'm sure your thread is all meant in the best humour...

like every Cav

I beg to differ as I say Renault want him.

But what other options do they have? All the other "top" drivers are under contract. Alonso is a known quantity and can squeeze something out of the less than brilliant motor that they have this year.

I'm sure that if Alonso had wanted, Heidfield would be right now asking around for a seat. I guess Alonso is still waiting for the Ferrari card in 2010... or perhaps he doesn't see the BMW so competitive with the changes coming ahead. Either way, had he wanted, he'd be sitting on a BMW for 2009.

I'm sure that if Alonso had wanted, Heidfield would be right now asking around for a seat. I guess Alonso is still waiting for the Ferrari card in 2010... or perhaps he doesn't see the BMW so competitive with the changes coming ahead. Either way, had he wanted, he'd be sitting on a BMW for 2009.

That means he is waiting till 2010 to give his six tenths?

Alonso got this attitude problem which makes everyone go eeeww.

Haha

Lewis rocks :D

Two tshirts on your the way. Please Pm me your address!

Perhaps you're right, or perhaps they didn't want him enough, or maybe Alonso didn't want to partner Kubica. It will be interesting to see how competitive Renault are compared to BMW next season and it might help us answer those questions. Either way, I think we can assume McLaren and Ferrari didn't want him for 2009, which begs the question why Ferrari would want him for 2010.

Two tshirts on your the way. Please Pm me your address!

:lol: Abbas, I guess you're the head of the Lewis fanclub round here these days?

And welcome Natdya!

Perhaps you're right, or perhaps they didn't want him enough, or maybe Alonso didn't want to partner Kubica. It will be interesting to see how competitive Renault are compared to BMW next season and it might help us answer those questions. Either way, I think we can assume McLaren and Ferrari didn't want him for 2009, which begs the question why Ferrari would want him for 2010.

I disagree with you in that Ferrari didn't want him for 2009, and I am sure if we could privately ask few top names in Ferrari they'd rather have Alonso over Kimi for 2009. Kimi played his cards (and contract clauses) and extended his stay in Ferrari. However, like I say, after Kimi not having ONE SINGLE POINT IN FOUR RACES STRAIGHT, I am sure few Ferrari execs are Sh#tting bricks over the perspective of paying $50 millions/year to this guy again for another seasons while delivering no decent kung-fu at all.

:lol: Abbas, I guess you're the head of the Lewis fanclub round here these days?

And welcome Natdya!

No, THE PRIEST OF THE CHURCH!

I understood that the problem is a little more with Alonso.

It seems as though Honda and BMW did want him but he wanted Ferrari and wouldn't budge. It is therefore of his own making that he was to an extent squeezed out.

By the way, I agree Renault had little choice in the matter.

I disagree with you in that Ferrari didn't want him for 2009, and I am sure if we could privately ask few top names in Ferrari they'd rather have Alonso over Kimi for 2009. Kimi played his cards (and contract clauses) and extended his stay in Ferrari. However, like I say, after Kimi not having ONE SINGLE POINT IN FOUR RACES STRAIGHT, I am sure few Ferrari execs are Sh#tting bricks over the perspective of paying $50 millions/year to this guy again for another seasons while delivering no decent kung-fu at all.

Kimi must be the biggest waste of money in F1 right now. Surely Ferrari would rather have Alonso? But they haven't got him. You might be right about Kimi having some clause: does anyone know if he did? Even if he did, it's still suspicious that they didn't get Alonso and just buy their way out of Kimi's contract. I'd imagine they could, assuming he even had a contract. Regarding the Ferrari execs, I did read recently in Autosport (Mark Hughes maybe) that an anonymous 'top name' at Ferrari said they didn't want Alonso in 2007 because of his attitude. Make of that what you will.

No, THE PRIEST OF THE CHURCH!

:lol: Oh yeah! You must come preach at my shrine to the boy-God sometime, Abbas (blessed be your name)!

Ferrari are keeping Kimi because they know something we don't. Let us wait and see.

Indeed. He's rogering Demontezelemoomoo's daughter. She's a two-bagger. :rolleyes:

Kimi must be the biggest waste of money in F1 right now. Surely Ferrari would rather have Alonso?

I do take the salaries reported in the press with a grain of salt - I seriously doubt if Massa is being paid 1/5th of what Kimi is, especially in his deal from next year onwards. If Ferrari wanted Alonso, they would have him, since he has made no secret of his desire to drivefor them. So we can reliably conclude that Ferrari do not want Alonso - the autosport article might give a reason why. Remember, Alonso was caught red handed spying on Ferrari, and though Luca doesn't seem to care, some other might. And he definitely doesn't fit in to the Ferrari mould of team drivers, which Massa and Kimi do very well - Ferrari have no issues with drivers going to the press and talking crap, demoralising the team, they haven't had those issues for a while, you have to go as far a Rubens' minor transgressions.

But they haven't got him. You might be right about Kimi having some clause: does anyone know if he did?

Teams usually have clauses to hire drivers, drivers can have escape clauses. It is very unusual to have a 'I will drive for you if I want to' clause. Especially with Ferrari/Mclaren like teams.

Even if he did, it's still suspicious that they didn't get Alonso and just buy their way out of Kimi's contract.

An objective race by race review of Alonso's driving over the past 2 years, particularly his mistakes would be instructive. As I don't watch races any more, I can't tell you more, but I am sure it will reveal just why he's not all that hot right now.

I think Ferrari would go for Hammy if they could, but Ron has him locked up. Kubeetza hmmmm, I wouldn't pick him over Kimi and Massa, not just yet. Fettel kid needs some more experience, I think Ferrari would want to swoop down on him at some point.

I do take the salaries reported in the press with a grain of salt - I seriously doubt if Massa is being paid 1/5th of what Kimi is, especially in his deal from next year onwards. If Ferrari wanted Alonso, they would have him, since he has made no secret of his desire to drivefor them. So we can reliably conclude that Ferrari do not want Alonso - the autosport article might give a reason why. Remember, Alonso was caught red handed spying on Ferrari, and though Luca doesn't seem to care, some other might. And he definitely doesn't fit in to the Ferrari mould of team drivers, which Massa and Kimi do very well - Ferrari have no issues with drivers going to the press and talking crap, demoralising the team, they haven't had those issues for a while, you have to go as far a Rubens' minor transgressions.

Teams usually have clauses to hire drivers, drivers can have escape clauses. It is very unusual to have a 'I will drive for you if I want to' clause. Especially with Ferrari/Mclaren like teams.

An objective race by race review of Alonso's driving over the past 2 years, particularly his mistakes would be instructive. As I don't watch races any more, I can't tell you more, but I am sure it will reveal just why he's not all that hot right now.

I think Ferrari would go for Hammy if they could, but Ron has him locked up. Kubeetza hmmmm, I wouldn't pick him over Kimi and Massa, not just yet. Fettel kid needs some more experience, I think Ferrari would want to swoop down on him at some point.

I specially loved the part were you said "an objective race by race review..." :lol:

Yup - I agree with all that.

:lol: Oh yeah! You must come preach at my shrine to the boy-God sometime, Abbas (blessed be your name)!

:lol: , I wonder where Mike the Saint has gone! :P