Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tifosi too!

Kimi'S Career

Kimi in 2010  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Will...

• Retire from motorsport altogether and race for fun.
    • Continue his F1 career.
    • Start a WRC carreer.
    • Stay home, enjoy his millions, party every night and enjoy doing nothing, may buy a PS3.

I'm equally arsed about Kimi's future as he is: not very.

He'll probably stay in F1 and waste a seat that could belong to someone I like, because F1 should be the 26 drivers that I like the most, not the 26 best in the world.

He will be paid to leave Macca in a couple of years. I'd say it's a very profitable career he has already.

I concur. Kimi in F1 for another two years, heading to WRC in 2012.

It's probably not going to be so decisive, but just imagine the fallout if Kimi gets in that silver car and starts trouncing Hammy. Lewis would probably go mad with rage.

Much has been made recently of the returns of elgo, Maure, Michael Schumacher, Girl Racer, Seasonalkittycat, and more, but I have to say the long-awaited return of Silas Talbot is one I was eagerly waiting for. I checked his personal profile every 3 minutes to see if he had logged in.

Okay, so I didn't actually do that, but I really am glad you're back.

I think Raikkonen could be the man to beat next year if he goes to McLaren. He has the speed and he will have a winner car there.

Much has been made recently of the returns of elgo, Maure, Michael Schumacher, Girl Racer, Seasonalkittycat, and more, but I have to say the long-awaited return of Silas Talbot is one I was eagerly waiting for. I checked his personal profile every 3 minutes to see if he had logged in.

Okay, so I didn't actually do that, but I really am glad you're back.

:blush:

Too kind Eric! It's good to see you too.

If Kimi finishes higher than fifth in the WDC next year, I'll drink a bottle of water. That's how confident I am.

Sparkling or still? mellow.gif

If Kimi finishes higher than fifth in the WDC next year, I'll drink a bottle of water. That's how confident I am.

I'm gonna enjoy watching you drink that water (wait, does that make me a paedophile?). Anyway, if Kimi does go to Mclaren I don't see him being that far behind Lewis.

For Brad and all other believers:

"It's fair to say that Raikkonen andFerrari has not been a marriage made in heaven. Sure, he delivered that2007 world title thanks to Lewis Hamilton's own goal in the final tworaces of that campaign, but beyond that there has been little of thesparkle that some had hoped.Perhaps Raikkonen enjoyed a little toomuch the freedom he was given by escaping from the realms of RonDennis, for he never seemed to deliver the hard work ethic that was ahallmark of the Schumacher-era at Ferrari.

Raikkonen has always been simply aboutflat out attack and give him a sniff of a victory and he will give hisall. Yet on days when the car was not up to the job, you could beforgiven for thinking that Raikkonen could hardly be bothered to turnup at the race track.

With the big bucks rolling in, andFerrari happy to see Felipe Massa become de facto team leader for atime, there was little evidence that Raikkonen wanted to ensure it washim who the whole team would be based around. And when Ferrari madeclear it wanted to end Raikkonen's contract early, so the situationdeteriorated further.

Yet for all Raikkonen's foibles infailing to make enough of an effort sometimes, and team insiders citehis lack of leadership qualities as his biggest weakness, he can alsobe a hugely stubborn personality at times. And there probably is nocoincidence that when Massa was forced out of the c#ckpit after theevents of Hungary, Raikkonen stepped up his game to prove a point.

A run of podium finishes plus a brilliantvictory at the Belgian Grand Prix showed that the Raikkonen of old wasback on the track, and even inside the team they admitted seeing adifferent man.One team insider suggested that, lookingat the data, Raikkonen has once again been doing things in the c#ckpitof a very difficult car that they can hardly believe. He is goingbeyond what, theoretically, the F60 would be capable of in normal handsas though the Finn's last great act of defiance is to prove to hisformer bosses that they were wrong.

And that is exactly the sort of attitudethat he will likely take with him to McLaren. The Woking-based teamwill take him back with open arms and none of the hangover from hisprevious period will be there now that Ron Dennis has switched hisfocus to the automotive industry.

Raikkonen will show McLaren, and indeedLewis Hamilton, exactly why he not Alonso was once regarded as the realdeal on track. And he would like nothing more than rocking up onSundays and blowing Alonso into the weeds.

The 2010 season is still five months away, but already the excitement is mounting."

The ice age is approaching Eric, wrap up warm :lol:

Yes I am. Just ask any of the mods/admins. My IP has 8,000,000,001 accounts registered to it, so I'm clearly Eric ;).

that ip adress sounds spanish...so it has to be Alehop's...

A run of podium finishes plus a brilliantvictory at the Belgian Grand Prix showed that the Raikkonen of old wasback on the track, and even inside the team they admitted seeing adifferent man.One team insider suggested that, lookingat the data, Raikkonen has once again been doing things in the c#ckpitof a very difficult car that they can hardly believe. He is goingbeyond what, theoretically, the F60 would be capable of in normal handsas though the Finn's last great act of defiance is to prove to hisformer bosses that they were wrong.

And that is exactly the sort of attitudethat he will likely take with him to McLaren. The Woking-based teamwill take him back with open arms and none of the hangover from hisprevious period will be there now that Ron Dennis has switched hisfocus to the automotive industry.

Raikkonen will show McLaren, and indeedLewis Hamilton, exactly why he not Alonso was once regarded as the realdeal on track. And he would like nothing more than rocking up onSundays and blowing Alonso into the weeds.

The guy who wrote this sure knows a thing or two about weeds!!

IF...Macca and Ferrari both deliver cars to fight up front

IF...the new regulations, interpretations and fiction based on 2010 rules allow for certain degree of overtaking and/or on-track actual fight

IF...no stupid BS that ends in "-gate" shows up

IF...the stewards decide to find a more consistent way of enforcing the ruls without forcing the results

THEN...

- We will have 3, maybe 4 awfully good drivers (Massa was beiong surprisingly good, but we need to see what Massa we get back after this)

- IMHO: Lewis > Kimi, but barely so. Nando > Massa (of course, but he will be the newbie and Massa the veteran there, so very close too)

- Motivated Kimi > Regular Lewis

- If Lewis lowers his error margins then Lewis > Kimi.

- Motivated Alonso > Massa can crash some time to try to keep his seat

- If Flavio and Renault were really the reason Alonso has been so nice this season then probably Massa > Alonso (Ferrari is no Renault)

- If all 4 are motivated and more or less comfy...then wow...and I mean WOW. No, I don't mean WOW, the game, but wow, as in WOW! Get it?

- Kimi and Massa are fast. Lewis and Nando are fierce. Technically Ferrari has the edge with their line-up. In pure speed, Macca has the edge.

- Regarding intra team harmony, theoretically Macca has the edge. Regarding intra team winning attitude, Ferrari has the edge.

- I hope Kubica goes to Renault, I would sign Timo, too. I don't want Button nor Trulli, thanks.

- Salma and Cameron are mine.

- Any questions?

The favourite must be for him to go to McLaren.

I like your answer

I'm equally arsed about Kimi's future as he is: not very.

He'll probably stay in F1 and waste a seat that could belong to someone I like, because F1 should be the 26 drivers that I like the most, not the 26 best in the world.

I don't like your answer

I'm gonna enjoy watching you drink that water (wait, does that make me a paedophile?). Anyway, if Kimi does go to Mclaren I don't see him being that far behind Lewis.

"It's fair to say that Raikkonen andFerrari has not been a marriage made in heaven. Sure, he delivered that2007 world title thanks to Lewis Hamilton's own goal in the final tworaces of that campaign, but beyond that there has been little of thesparkle that some had hoped.Perhaps Raikkonen enjoyed a little toomuch the freedom he was given by escaping from the realms of RonDennis, for he never seemed to deliver the hard work ethic that was ahallmark of the Schumacher-era at Ferrari.

Raikkonen has always been simply aboutflat out attack and give him a sniff of a victory and he will give hisall. Yet on days when the car was not up to the job, you could beforgiven for thinking that Raikkonen could hardly be bothered to turnup at the race track.

With the big bucks rolling in, andFerrari happy to see Felipe Massa become de facto team leader for atime, there was little evidence that Raikkonen wanted to ensure it washim who the whole team would be based around. And when Ferrari madeclear it wanted to end Raikkonen's contract early, so the situationdeteriorated further.

Yet for all Raikkonen's foibles infailing to make enough of an effort sometimes, and team insiders citehis lack of leadership qualities as his biggest weakness, he can alsobe a hugely stubborn personality at times. And there probably is nocoincidence that when Massa was forced out of the c#ckpit after theevents of Hungary, Raikkonen stepped up his game to prove a point.

The 2010 season is still five months away, but already the excitement is mounting."

I can feel it and we are not talking about winter.

I am close to tears writing this my fellow F1 fans. I feel Kimi is really badly treated. I felt for the sake of good ethics on the part of Ferrari, they should have at least seen out his term with them. It's not for nothing that Kimi has expressed his sadness at leaving the ferrari team which he admires so much, his respect for the red team is well-known in the paddock. Sure, the guy lost some motivation last year, but he did make amends for it this year in a rather bad underperforming car. He's won a championship with them. I do not wish the red team well, I hope Massa beats Alonso, I hope that strains bad relationships because I believe like Wapi, Alonso brings trouble wherever he goes. May this point prove me right in the future.

As for Kimi at Mclaren, i hope the move spurs him onto greater things. I hope we Kimi fans see justice...

I feel Kimi is really badly treated.

I had just the same feeling in 2007 about Alonso and McLaren.