Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adnam

German Conspiracy ?

All the opposition/criticism that Mark has faced has come from the German contingent. I am not sure what Webber has done to upset the whole German population but they certainly have it in for him.

I am keen to hear you suggestions why Germany has declared war against the Aussie Grit.

Maybe it is becasue he won the German GP last year.

Maybe it is becasue he should have swerved away before Vettel swerved into him in Turkey.

Maybe it's beacuse he is showing up the Golden Boy.

Maybe is goes back further, outclassing Roseberg & Heidfeld when they were team mates.

Maybe his Grandfather kicked a## in WWII.

..............Maybe his Grandfather kicked a## in WWII.

Don't mention the war

I didn't, you started it

No I didn't, you did, you invaded Poland

Anyway. The german press are hacked off 'cos a whinging average Oz guy (a bit like Mansell, but without the skill) is beating their second-coming, when in fact Finger boy is just a quick-but-still-plenty-to-learn driver, nothing more.

:P

Ah, same old. British fans on the majority seem to hate German drivers or Alonso, and Spanish and Brazilian fans can't stand Hamilton seemingly. One country always has a country against another country's driver/s.

Ah, same old. British fans on the majority seem to hate German drivers or Alonso, and Spanish and Brazilian fans can't stand Hamilton seemingly. One country always has a country against another country's driver/s.

That's 3 countries involved in having something aganst a driver from a country that isn't included in the 3 countries? Armageddon :lol:

:lol:

Seriously, and politely, I disagree. I think the vast majority of motorsport fans support the sport, and admire drivers abilities regardless of where they are from. Public forum's just give the chance for those that want a good whinge to do so, when they are imo in the minority. I think a huge amount of it is tongue in cheek too, hence my > :P

Of course, being from my country that can't stand that other country, not to mention that country as well, well, I could be a bit biased. But then, I'm French.

:P

EDIT: Btw, the clip has nothing to do with countries, just cute little marcupials....

Seriously, and politely, I disagree. I think the vast majority of motorsport fans support the sport, and admire drivers abilities regardless of where they are from. Public forum's just give the chance for those that want a good whinge to do so, when they are imo in the minority.

You'd hope that's the case, wouldn't you? But I've seen other forums where that's probably not the case. Granted, I can probably be picked up on examples where I've been biased towards a driver I prefer, but I guess it's a clue when you are too deeply obsessed with what is, at the end of the day, just a sport when you'll defend your driver come hell or high water and attack a driver you don't like over the slightest little thing.

I don't think it's deeply shocking though. Nobody's ever going to agree on who's the best driver on the grid, and I hope they never will, as it'd make it really dull on forums in debates. "I think (add name) is the best driver." "I agree." "Same here." "You're totally right."

Patriotism's great if it's positive and not excessive. When it's negative or blinds judgment, then it's an issue.

Forums are an awful sample of the whole fanbase, so if you draw conclusions about bias using Internet posts, you have a high chance of being wrong. The people who post on forums are typically the most passionate %. You see a lot of bias on forums, whether nationality-fueled or not, because biased people tend to have really strong opinions, and are therefore passionate. Most fans like their guy and don't like his rivals, but are only really having fun with it. I've booed drivers and other athletes before, though I don't hate any of them as individuals or think they're "bad" people in any way.

Most people will give credit where credit is due and will call someone out when he/she needs to be called out. Most people just happen to post less, share less opinions, and shout less when they talk.

All the opposition/criticism that Mark has faced has come from the German contingent.

All? 100%? Every last negative word?

Try again. This hater's a few thousand removed from Germany. ;)

Patriotism's great if it's positive and not excessive. When it's negative or blinds judgment, then it's an issue.

Forums are an awful sample of the whole fanbase, so if you draw conclusions about bias using Internet posts, you have a high chance of being wrong. The people who post on forums are typically the most passionate %. You see a lot of bias on forums, whether nationality-fueled or not, because biased people tend to have really strong opinions, and are therefore passionate. Most fans like their guy and don't like his rivals, but are only really having fun with it. I've booed drivers and other athletes before, though I don't hate any of them as individuals or think they're "bad" people in any way.

Most people will give credit where credit is due and will call someone out when he/she needs to be called out. Most people just happen to post less, share less opinions, and shout less when they talk.

All? 100%? Every last negative word?

Try again. This hater's a few thousand removed from Germany. ;)

Pffft...these gringos... :rolleyes:

Spell "coast."

What do you put in a toaster?

You probably said "toast." You don't put toast in a toaster. You put bread in; the toast comes out.

I got you there.

And that's why MARK WEBBER needs to be BANNED.

Don't mention the war

I didn't, you started it

No I didn't, you did, you invaded Poland

Btw you're not really French are you? I used to like you.

But I'm confused... what have the Germans been saying about Webber? Someone explain... or do I have to google translate Das Bild (as opposed to just looking at the naked women) for myself?

But I'm confused... what have the Germans been saying about Webber? Someone explain... or do I have to google translate Das Bild (as opposed to just looking at the naked women) for myself?

Well,there's this case of a former Nazi leader, who escaped from Germany in the last days of WWII and took refuge in USA under a false identity. He is currently posing in this forum as a young kid named Eric, but he can't fool us can he? He is actively asking for Webber to be banned (Although some people thinks he is actually asking for some guy named Vebber to be waned...who knows...)

Das Schweinhund! It's so clear now: he's on about his 5 billionth account and "Eric" is German for "Reich" so he's trying to establish the 5 billionth Reich. We shall never surrender!

Damn Germans! Ok guys, from somebody born and raised in Poland - believe me, you CANNOT trust the Krauts (and Russians, but that's another conspiracy involving Petrov). First, they conspired to make sure that Kubica will NOT be better than Heidfeld (in the BMW days) and now they are trying to hold Webbo from smacking the Little Orange Kraut (aka Eine Kleine Vettel). hate them. Almost as much as I hate Russians.

AND I always suspected Eric...

Geez get a life "Ban Mark Weber"

What the **** has he done to you?

There a number of other drivers I would ban first.

Time will tell if Mark is a champion, and if he is not at least he says what he feels not what he is told to say, like his radio call after winning, "Not bad for a number 2 driver" straight to the point and from the heart.

Nein Senior Graham, ich bin ein Englander, I just said I was French because it was Wednesday. Das Bild has nekid women? Must research....

The post-starter, Adnam ( :eusa_think: dyslexia?) said:

All the opposition/criticism that Mark has faced has come from the German contingent. I am not sure what Webber has done to upset the whole German population but they certainly have it in for him.

I'm sick of this, just how many million million million million times do posters have to exaggerate?

Anyway, Eric's right, Webber should be banned..... even his fans whinge.........

Geez get a life "Ban Mark Weber"

What the **** has he done to you?

There a number of other drivers I would ban first.

Time will tell if Mark is a champion, and if he is not at least he says what he feels not what he is told to say, like his radio call after winning, "Not bad for a number 2 driver" straight to the point and from the heart.

Hey Rodders, Eric's comment was tongue in cheek (if it wasn't, er, tough :lol: ), but interesting you quote his "number 2 driver" (see? double entendre? Snigger? No? OK), can be interpreted by different people in different ways; to me it was a public nancy-boy whinge, to Germany it was ein slap in der gonads to their Finger Boy.

:D

Spell "coast."

What do you put in a toaster?

You probably said "toast." You don't put toast in a toaster. You put bread in; the toast comes out.

I got you there.

And that's why MARK WEBBER needs to be BANNED.

& in what way does this have relevance to Webber being banned??

YES!!! YESSSSS!!! WE KNOW ALONSO JUMPED THE START!!!!!

CAN WE MOVE ON NOW, FOR GEORGE'S SAKE!!!

There. I think that made things clear.

:D

1. You're all wrong: trust no one.

2. John Cleese just had a birthday.

3. The meek shall inherit the earth only after the strong have completely destroyed it.

4. Can't wait for Brazil.

Hey, how the f**k are you all!!??

Should we start thread about British conspiracy? There is much more supporting evidence... ;)

German conspiracy?

People talking arse if you ask me.

Hey, how the f**k are you all!!??

Very good Mr Preservative.

German conspiracy?

People talking arse if you ask me.

Very good Mr Preservative.

Indeed, welcome back, Mr.Perv.

As for the conspiracy, I must add that there's an anti-Zombie conspiracy as well. Have you noticed how many movies/games show zombies under a bad light?

I mean, just because they're zombies they don't have feelings? Don't they deserve some love?

Yours,

Andres

TF1 Zombies Liberation Front

Indeed, welcome back, Mr.Perv.

As for the conspiracy, I must add that there's an anti-Zombie conspiracy as well. Have you noticed how many movies/games show zombies under a bad light?

I mean, just because they're zombies they don't have feelings? Don't they deserve some love?

Yours,

Andres

TF1 Zombies Liberation Front

Ah, World at War Zombies. Without the ray-gun it scares the sh1t out of me :lol: Zombies feelings are in direct corellation to the amount of hair they haven't got. :P

Wapi said:

Should we start thread about British conspiracy? There is much more supporting evidence...

Don't think you can wind us British up with this sort of nonsense Wapi, since we gave up the Empire and later, failed to stop the invasion from anyone-that-wanted-a-corner-shop-or-to-be-a-plumber, we're fresh out of conspiracies. Mind you, there is a rather nice patch of land ready for occupation just north of Mexico, and they're already into tea parties - we should get along swimmingly :lol: