Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

Alonso Up To His Tricks Again

Not only is Alonso melting down so are his fans :P

Not only is Alonso melting down so are his fans :P

It's all good mate, no worries, he'll be just fine and so will we :D

IN the words of Doornbos "Everyone

I don't know about the others, but you'll always be a twat.

I would be very worried if I was a Alonso follower, 16 laps for that 12 position...does'nt look good.... :lol:

maybe he's struggling with understeer again.... :lol:

As the guy said, when Michael does something similar, he gets crucified. I'm definately hoping to see Alonso suffer a race ban for that action. It is quite clear who is supposed to be blamed.

There is some blind faith in this thread with posters actually defending Alonso's actions. I never defended Schumacher over Monaco because I knew what he did was wrong. What on earth are the Alonso fans thinking here I don't know.

I don't know about the others, but you'll always be a twat.

Twat this, twat that, why don't you guys grow up!!! :wacko:

There is some blind faith in this thread with posters actually defending Alonso's actions. I never defended Schumacher over Monaco because I knew what he did was wrong. What on earth are the Alonso fans thinking here I don't know.

How can you compare the two incidents?

If Doornbos, or anyone for that matter, lodged a protest it would change things, but as no one seem to have any objections with what happend, why should anyone be penalised? (and please don't say because Michael would have in the same situation as you know this to be false).

It's up to the stewards not Doornbos, he didn't complain in Hungery either...........

:roll: anyone who think Alonso turned into Doornbos there on purpose is blind, physically or optionally.

You can clearly see the car pivot into a slight drift before Alonso instinctively corrected it just as any driver would do. That's how MS knocked his front wing off on Fifi in the Hungarian GP.

Who's at fault for that situation to come about? Neither backed off and are both big enough boys to know what they are getting into so they both are at fault. Alonso was going in with to much speed while Doornbos was either lacking experience or completely ignorant to know he was going in to fast and it was highly likely he wouldnt be able to hold his line.

As for the times? Pat Symonds has an interesting point.

On a circuit such as this where there are relatively few traction events, the front tyres are heavily loaded

Twat this, twat that, why don't you guys grow up!!! :wacko:

:D just testing the waters, will only be used in retaliation.

:roll: anyone who think Alonso turned into Doornbos there on purpose is blind, physically or optionally.

:lol: (laughing at you not with you)

You can clearly see the car pivot into a slight drift before Alonso instinctively corrected it just as any driver would do. That's how MS knocked his front wing off on Fifi in the Hungarian GP.

You can clearly see Alonso make two unnecessary 'corrections' with full opposite lock when the car was perfectly in control and he had already made the turn.

You can clearly see Alonso make two unnecessary 'corrections' with full opposite lock when the car was perfectly in control and he had already made the turn.

It's not MS going through rascasse, you can actually see(makes more sense to say feel to me even though you dont get any input other then visual, "see" might make more sense to others) the rear end slightly stepping out and cause him to react to the drift (not a full blown drift because he felt it and reacted as soon as he did). The 2nd time was just after he hit Doornbos, now most of the time hitting another car would make yours unstable. Especially when it weighs so little its easy to break momentum and you see he turns right harder and for longer but the car dosent follow which means?...another drift.

Sorry, but for me it is too much of a coincedence that it is Doornbos and that he allows Doornbos to get further ahead on the straight before braking rather late. Childish antics.

Fernando said himself:

"It was a pretty normal Friday for me"

He knows what he's doing. Though of course for Alonso, he gets the benefit of the doubt and is innocent, but with Michael he never will get the benefit of the doubt.

I don't see anything naughty going on here IMO. Alonso was driving assertively and Doornbos should have been prepared and been on his mirrors. If he had a blind spot, he shouldn't have turned in.

This has been blown out of proportion. We are becoming like the media who must jump on anyone if they so much as sneeze. This is motor racing. (Yes puma, you heard me right :P ).

The FIA should give him a penalty. Just because no one complains doesn't mean that he didn't do anything. Rules should be consistant. If you break it, you get penalized regardless if anyone complain or not.

I have no idea how anyone can support FA actions. In your defense will be the Monaco incident from MS, is there any other in THIS YEAR! How many times has FA swarve into others and break check the other drivers this year alone? FA suck and it really shows it

Two things Alonso does alot.

1. When his car is not reacting fast enough to his steering input (understeer) he uses more sharp and aggressive thrusts.

2. When he outbrakes someone he brakes first but with less pressure, looks like the other car jumps ahead for a split seconds before they start to break and and fall backwards.

Count in brake testing someone who slows him in practice to show he was not pleased (kinda like how he has so much control of his car he can use it to express his opinion) and you've got 3 things Alonso is known regularly to do but is only called into question if he does it in the vicinity of Doornbos. What characteristic move can be blown out of proportion next? Doornbos is watching a formation lap and becomes memorized by Alonso aggressively warming his tires and falls off his chair getting the FIA to ban any driver steering more then 5 degree's while traveling under 150kph...

The FIA should give him a penalty. Just because no one complains doesn't mean that he didn't do anything.

I agree that penalties should be handed out when justified. Can you tell me what Fernando is supposed to have done though?

I agree that penalties should be handed out when justified. Can you tell me what Fernando is supposed to have done though?

Sorry but I'm not catching what you're trying to ask. Are you questioning what penalty should be impose on him, or what should Alonso do in this situation?

I know what MS did at Monaco was wrong and he was sent to back of the grid. I think FA actions are even worser because he put another driver's life in danger. Either sent him to the back of the grid or ban him for a race.

If you asking what FA is suppose to do in his position, then what can he do. He's well aware of what he did. He late brake and ran into RD.

Sorry but I'm not catching what you're trying to ask. Are you questioning what penalty should be impose on him, or what should Alonso do in this situation?

I know what MS did at Monaco was wrong and he was sent to back of the grid. I think FA actions are even worser because he put another driver's life in danger. Either sent him to the back of the grid or ban him for a race.

If you asking what FA is suppose to do in his position, then what can he do. He's well aware of what he did. He late brake and ran into RD.

I'm just saying that i don't see what all the fuss is about. What offense specifically did he commit?

I know what MS did at Monaco was wrong and he was sent to back of the grid. I think FA actions are even worser because he put another driver's life in danger.

Wherent 9 car's on a flying lap behind him? thats 9 lifes on the line plus any marshals around him or spectators in the buildings, Alonso and Doornbos are on a Herman Tilke track with alot of room between the track and anyone offical or not.

I've seen Cav's video. Alonso was the faster car and Doornbos should have made way going into the corner. At the entry, Alonso is clearly alongside Doornbos and at that point, Doornbos should have yeilded. Instead, Doornbos continues 'racing' into the corner, forcing Alonso to an inside, offline apex and causing him to lock-up and counter-steer to make the corner.

The fault here was Doornbos, not Alonso.

I've seen Cav's video. Alonso was the faster car and Doornbos should have made way going into the corner. At the entry, Alonso is clearly alongside Doornbos and at that point, Doornbos should have yeilded. Instead, Doornbos continues 'racing' into the corner, forcing Alonso to an inside, offline apex and causing him to lock-up and counter-steer to make the corner.

The fault here was Doornbos, not Alonso.

Precisely. So let's forget this sensationalist clap trap.

How can you compare the two incidents?

If Doornbos, or anyone for that matter, lodged a protest it would change things, but as no one seem to have any objections with what happend, why should anyone be penalised? (and please don't say because Michael would have in the same situation as you know this to be false).

I never said he should be penalised.