Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

"moving" Ferrari Floor Under Scrutiny From Rivals

I think it's clear that Ferrari are using a component that is making their car fast. Ron is probably just bitter because he hasn't got that component on his car.

I believe it's called a 'Kimi Raikkonen'.

I don't agree with you but...darn, that was a good reply! :lol:

On the other side, teams are complaining about "moving" parts. That couldn't mean Kimi, that's for sure.

There's nothing slow about Alonso and Lewis. There is clearly some technical superiority there, I am gonna wait for a ruling, because one cannot sling mud at Ferrari without any facts

I don't agree with you but...darn, that was a good reply! :lol:

On the other side, teams are complaining about "moving" parts. That couldn't mean Kimi, that's for sure.

:lol:

There's nothing slow about Alonso and Lewis. There is clearly some technical superiority there, I am gonna wait for a ruling, because one cannot sling mud at Ferrari without any facts

How about the 'technical superiority' ends up being just that and nothing more. Ron must be devastated that his boys have got to find the best part of a second from somewhere; that's where the fuel has come from for his fire, in my opinion.

Well if thats the case, then McLaren just have work to do. That is why I don't want to point the finger, we have no proof of anything at the moment.

Damned ingenious device. I'd rather everyone try to copy the innovation rather than legislate it out of existence, but such is not current F1. Let's just carve another slice of Colin Chapman out of F1....

When Ferrari wins, there's always someone that's going to complain.

When Alonso was dominating the first half of the 06 season, I don't hear anyone complaining. But when Michael and Ferrari made a come back, then there's rumors like their wings are flexing, illegal wheel/brake parts.

Why couldn't they accept that other teams did their homework and now they're getting the reward from it?

Actually, the flexi-wing argument came up in the first part of the season before Ferrari won any races (in Malaysia mainly)

Damned ingenious device. I'd rather everyone try to copy the innovation rather than legislate it out of existence, but such is not current F1. Let's just carve another slice of Colin Chapman out of F1....

That's absolutely right.Once upon a time F1 was a technological drag race and everything was allowed.Nowadays the engineers have little room to play.I have no idea if this is true but i don't care B) !I say ban the rules and allow everything in order to allow F1 engineers to built the fastest driveable machines.Only those who dare should drive them anyway -_- .

I'd want the rest to copy it too and i'd like mass dampers and flexi wings and "brake steer system" also.

oh, and slicks, active suspensions, V10s ...

I think we should bring back the tech enhancements but not the driver aids

That's absolutely right.Once upon a time F1 was a technological drag race and everything was allowed.Nowadays the engineers have little room to play.I have no idea if this is true but i don't care B) !I say ban the rules and allow everything in order to allow F1 engineers to built the fastest driveable machines.Only those who dare should drive them anyway -_- .

I agree with you up to a point, even granting your liberal use of sarcasm.

I think it's clear that Ferrari are using a component that is making their car fast. Ron is probably just bitter because he hasn't got that component on his car.

Gotta love it :lol:

Well, he had that part on his cars for a number of seasons and it just didn't produce the same results.

After last year's flexi-wing saga, it wouldn't surprise me is this is being done, and Ron isn't the kinda guy to just point fingers. If it is giving Ferrari an advantage, either it will be banned, or everyone else will copy it. If it gives them higher downforce in corners, it could theoretically have a pretty big impact on performance.

That last line made me laugh, it is usually Ferrari that get parts of other people's cars banned.

Yes he is and here is another proof of that

Dennis accuses BMW of 'showboating'

Monday 19 March at 11:08 : McLaren boss Ron Dennis has accused BMW of "showboating" in the Australian grand prix.

Hinwil based BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld had an impressive start to the Melbourne race, leaping ahead of Fernando Alonso, but the German made his first pit stop very early and was among only three competitors to start on the 'soft' tyre.

In the official post-race press release, Dennis described BMW's strategy as "unexpected" and "very disruptive" to McLaren's plans to win.

Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand.

"It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race," said Dennis

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=197839

He is just pointing fingers with this, Heidfeld was not blocking any car, and about the strategy, any team can choose what moment is better for them to use any kind of tyre and any amount of fuel, in conclusion, yes he is pointing fingers like he has done in the past.

Actually, the flexi-wing argument came up in the first part of the season before Ferrari won any races (in Malaysia mainly)

probably you are right but Ferrari only got better before that, wich means that their performance was not in that device, beacuse it was banned but they got better.

Great answer.

Well, he had that part on his cars for a number of seasons and it just didn't produce the same results.

This a great answer too but like Alonso said "now I know why Kimi didn't win a single race last season" Alonso was blaming the car.

I'd want the rest to copy it too and i'd like mass dampers and flexi wings and "brake steer system" also.

oh, and slicks, active suspensions, V10s ...

That's the real spirit of Fomula One, I hope to see that one day.

This a great answer too but like Alonso said "now I know why Kimi didn't win a single race last season" Alonso was blaming the car.

Ah, but in that statement you could credit the Ferrari for Kimi's win, couldn't you? It cuts both ways. Also, who cares if Alonso was blaming the car? He took care of it and brought home 8 points (only 2 less than Kimi despite Kimi's dominance) so that's certainly something! This season will be Kimi and Ferrari romping off with some fine victories, but Alonso always there, taking points home. Those points just might add up to another championship.....who knows?

I do believe if you look at what Ron has actually said you'll find he's whining less than what the reports make out, similar to Alonso apparently saying his favourite thing about the McLaren was the colour.

I think you'll also find that what Ron is doing is seeking clarification on the issue, he thought it was illegal, Ferrari don't and if the fia say it's fine you can bet your bottom dollar McLaren will have it on their car ASAP.

Ah, but in that statement you could credit the Ferrari for Kimi's win, couldn't you? It cuts both ways. Also, who cares if Alonso was blaming the car? He took care of it and brought home 8 points (only 2 less than Kimi despite Kimi's dominance) so that's certainly something! This season will be Kimi and Ferrari romping off with some fine victories, but Alonso always there, taking points home. Those points just might add up to another championship.....who knows?

Strange response from someone who is really betting on Kimi to win this year.....

The 2007 Mclaren is on a completely different level than last years car, it is not the same fast reliable car, that was the point he made.Alonso did'nt just take care of the car and brought it home, it is the 2nd fastest car on the grid

Strange response from someone who is really betting on Kimi to win this year.....

The 2007 Mclaren is on a completely different level than last years car, it is not the same fast reliable car, that was the point he made.Alonso did'nt just take care of the car and brought it home, it is the 2nd fastest car on the grid

This is true and you have to add that Massa started from last position wich helped alonso to finish second and a longer second pit stop for Hamilton (about 2 seconds longer for only two laps) wich also helped Alonso, but anyway he finish second and nothing can change that, but the story could be different in the next race we could see a 1-2 for Ferrari hopefully.

Look I am not the only one thinking like this http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=197861

Did McLaren demote Hamilton in Melbourne?

Posted 20 March 2007 at 07:55 GMT

As the haze of near unprecedented hype surrounding Lewis Hamilton's GP debut fades, it has been suggested that the 22-year-old may actually have been at the unfriendly end of a McLaren team tactic on Sunday.

The reigning GP2 champion led his teammate Fernando Alonso for the entire Australian grand prix until the final pit stop, when he dropped behind the Spaniard to finish third.

Some observers immediately suspected a deliberate tactic from the team's pit wall to switch the duo's positions, in order to hand the points advantage to McLaren's higher paid and more experienced race driver.

But it later emerged that Hamilton's delay behind lethargic backmarkers cost him dearly just before calling in for pit service, and Mercedes' competition director Norbert Haug insisted to RTL: "It was not a team order."

The team's F1 CEO Martin Whitmarsh also insists that the McLaren policy relating to drivers is of equality; a sentiment seemingly backed by Alonso.

The reigning world champion said in an interview with 'Diario As' that he might have raced Ferrari's Kimi R

Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand.

"It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race," said Dennis

He is just pointing fingers with this, Heidfeld was not blocking any car, and about the strategy, any team can choose what moment is better for them to use any kind of tyre and any amount of fuel, in conclusion, yes he is pointing fingers like he has done in the past.

Yeah they were showboating and it was a stupid tactic but they're allowed to do it.

This is true and you have to add that Massa started from last position wich helped alonso to finish second and a longer second pit stop for Hamilton (about 2 seconds longer for only two laps) wich also helped Alonso, but anyway he finish second and nothing can change that, but the story could be different in the next race we could see a 1-2 for Ferrari hopefully.

I don't know what he means a clearer track when he was a couple of seconds behind Hamilton until the end of the second stint.

Here we go with the complains again and this is just the first race. Nothing change.

Are you saying you think team orders were used? Possibly they were, but I suspect Alonso was really a bit faster during the race anyway and he had been given a better strategy.

And welcome back Schumikonen!

There where no team orders at all. Alonso managed the gap to lewis (0.5-2 seconds), and while he was behind lewis he saved a lap of fuel. This, combined with Lewis getting held up by Sato was enough for Alonso to pass him. There are no team orders, and there aren't likely to be at this stage of the season.

The kind of clear-air laptimes Massa was doing, he would probably not have troubled Alonso anyway (yes I did put clear air before someone tries to be clever and say he was stuck behind Barrichello)