Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

la force supreme des mclaren

Question Time With Kimi Raikkonen

Q & A with Kimi Raikkonen

Q. How do you think this weekend will go?

Kimi Raikkonen: I don't know. It is too early to say. We will see tomorrow how the car runs, how everything goes, but as long as we get everything working well we should be okay. I don't think that there will be issues as long as things go well.

Q. Have you worked with the engineers over the last few days on the problems in Australia?

KR: For sure everybody has been working hard. They have been trying to find the reasons for the problems, but we only had a few days. I think they have found the problems and they have tried to solve them.

Q. What was the problem?

KR: I don't know exactly, I haven't had a meeting yet.

Q. This track hasn't suited Ferrari particularly well in the past. Is that a worry?

KR: Well, I think we have the speed and as long as everything works well we should be okay. I don't think last year was best for us, but we also didn't get the best out of the car. We will see how it goes.

Q. The decision of Jean Todt to leave Ferrari. Does it change the situation inside Ferrari?

KR: I don't think so. I think there are a lot of people who can replace him. He has always been there, and he is very good at what he does, but I think it is not going to change much in the team or how it runs.

Q. After you spoke with the engineers and have seen what they have done, are you more relaxed about the future because you were quite concerned after Australia?

KR: I wasn't worried, but I suppose we were not happy with what happened. We knew from the winter that we could be fast, and we didn't have any major issues, but when we came to the first race we had two failures with the engine - which wasn't exactly what we were expecting. It is a long season and like I said, if we get everything running well, we should be up there. I am not packing, nobody is panicking, but we want better results than the first race.

Q. Are you confident for this weekend?

KR: I don't know. We will wait and see how it is, we need to see how strong we can be tomorrow and I think then we will have a much clearer picture.

Q. You ran off the track twice during the race in Melbourne. How much was that down to the track characteristics, and how much down to you?

KR: It was my mistake; it was nothing to do with the circuit. I knew I needed to get past Heikki (Kovalainen) but I was too optimistic and I went off. I think with all the safety cars and everything, we were not in such a good position. So I needed to get past, and made a mistake. These things happen.

Q. Is it much easier to make mistakes this year because of the lack of engine braking?

KR: No, I don't think it changes anything. Even with last year's car, the same would have happened if I had done the same thing. It was just purely my mistake.

Q. With the rain here on Sunday, how will it be without traction control?

KR: We have had some tests in the race, and I think it depends a lot on the circuits. At some circuits you have much more grip in the wet than the others. Usually when it rains here it is quite heavy, which can make it quite tricky. But it is the same for everybody, and I haven't driven here for a long time in the wet. So I don't know how it will. But I think we should be okay.

Q. Lewis Hamilton has said that he believes McLaren are stronger than Ferrari, and that he did not show the team's true speed in Melbourne...

KR: I don't know. I don't really care what they said. I think we have a strong car, a fast car, and things can work well.

Q. Do you think you have an issue with getting heat into the tyres on the first lap?

KR: I think it is more like it was last year. Probably we are not the strongest on the first lap out, but I think in race conditions we have good speed and good consistency. But for sure we will try to improve on that issue.

Q. Niki Lauda said that he didn't expect your mistakes in Melbourne. How do you react to that?

KR: I made a mistake, so I don't expect to make many mistakes myself. Those things happen sometimes. It is not the end of my life. We come and we race and we try to do better.

Q. The GPDA directors have said they are making a push to try and get you and Lewis into the organisation. Do you have any interest in joining them?

KR: I don't know. It is not really going to change for anything from last year, so we will see what happens in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! That Interview approximately took 1m.14.185 seconds...........................Talk about uberfast.

Q & A with Kimi Raikkonen

Q. How do you think this weekend will go?

Kimi Raikkonen: Sunday will follow Saturday...much like any other weekend

Q. Have you worked with the engineers over the last few days on the problems in Australia?

KR: No. We came to Malaysia on the Monday. We looked at things in Malaysia.

Q. What was the problem?

KR: I wasn't able to finish the race...were you not watching?

Q. This track hasn't suited Ferrari particularly well in the past. Is that a worry?

KR: Well, I think Michael would have said otherwise. Do you even watch Formula 1?

Q. The decision of Jean Todt to leave Ferrari. Does it change the situation inside Ferrari?

KR: Yes. He's not sitting on the pit wall. If you watched Formula 1, you would have noticed that already.

Q. After you spoke with the engineers and have seen what they have done, are you more relaxed about the future because you were quite concerned after Australia?

KR: I make alot of money whether the car is good or not. Of course I'm relaxed about the future. Have you not seen my wife?

Q. Are you confident for this weekend?

KR: I always get my leg over my wife...

Q. You ran off the track twice during the race in Melbourne. How much was that down to the track characteristics, and how much down to you?

KR: Obviously if there hadn't been a corner, then I wouldn't have gone off, but there was and I did.

Q. Is it much easier to make mistakes this year because of the lack of engine braking?

KR: All I can say is it's now easier on the engine as we don't have to drag it on the ground to brake the car. I'll miss the sparks though.

KR: Wet.

Q. Lewis Hamilton has said that he believes McLaren are stronger than Ferrari, and that he did not show the team's true speed in Melbourne...

KR: Well, we don't have speedometers on the dash, mate. So how could he show the true speed, even with an in-car camera. You never have watched Formula One have you?

Q. Do you think you have an issue with getting heat into the tyres on the first lap?

KR: I have no issues with rubbing my tyres...caressing them...warming them....do you?

Q. Niki Lauda said that he didn't expect your mistakes in Melbourne. How do you react to that?

KR: Doesn't he know how much I drink?

Q. The GPDA directors have said they are making a push to try and get you and Lewis into the organisation. Do you have any interest in joining them?

KR: I can't remember the secret handshake. It's the only thing holding me back, to be honest. That and the nudey-lap at Spa.

WOW! That Interview approximately took 1m.14.185 seconds...........................Talk about uberfast.

It is Kimi after all ;)

But it took 4 days, an egyptologyst and 5 experts in alcoholic addiction to translate Kimis answers.

Don't know why they try to interview him anyway.........he always gives the same boring answers.

Dribs interview on YouTube will always be the best.

It looks like this guy has no opinion whatsoever.

@Handy: :clap3:

Don't know why they try to interview him anyway.........he always gives the same boring answers.

Dribs interview on YouTube will always be the best.

:D

KR: Wet.

:lol:

I really wish Kimi said that!

Kimi Raikkonen - the most boring champion in F1 history?

Oh I dunno let's see, shags beautiful woman, makes millions every year for doing what he loves - which he also happens to be damn good at (racing that is, not shagging, although he probably enjoys that too), gets his manhood out in various clubs, sleeps with dolphins, likes to dress up as a gorilla on occasion and likes a drink or ten. It just doesn't shout 'boring' to me :lol:

He just gives the press boring answers so they leave him alone :)

Great interview hehe. Handy.

I will never forget this though.

At Schumis last race and all. :D

Kimi does not suck up to the journalists. He genuinly does not care what other people think, although he understands that he has to answer same stupid question every week. So, when you have to do it, why bothering to sound clever and repeat same bulls##t phrases (football(soccer) managers are grandmasters of bulls##t talk) over and over again. Do you read those official statements published by teams after F1 events (trainings or race)? It is same bulls##t: "we are on right track", "we will be trying to keep momentum", "we have to find speed", "team has to give its best", "we are happy with our position, but we still did not find our true speed"...

On the other hand he is loyal to the team, he will never say "team screwed up, I did not make mistake". He will say, "they did not find anything wrong with the car so it must be me". Massa, Alonso... and other loudmouths say "I did not do anything wrong, car broke [or team was to be blamed]". That is difference in upbringing in being modest and being overpriced because of ability to blame everyone else but yourself when things go wrong.

Oh I dunno let's see, shags beautiful woman, makes millions every year for doing what he loves - which he also happens to be damn good at (racing that is, not shagging, although he probably enjoys that too), gets his manhood out in various clubs, sleeps with dolphins, likes to dress up as a gorilla on occasion and likes a drink or ten. It just doesn't shout 'boring' to me :lol:

He just gives the press boring answers so they leave him alone :)

You forgot all the insane off road biking and skidoo stuff too. I love the fact that people want him to behave a certain way that is in keeping with his profession and that he doesn't.

Great interview hehe. Handy.

I will never forget this though.

At Schumis last race and all. :D

It will always be the clip that epitomises Kimi and his attitude towards tradition and all the things that are normally respected and revered in the sport. I could watch it a thousand times and never tire of it. I love the fact that straight away he gets where Martin is coming from; "Will you get over it?" His reply is so knowing and right on the money.

Boring? This guy is just playing in a playground full of boring idiots.

The only problem with the interview above is that you put spaces between all of Kimi's words. itshouldhavebeenmorelikethisbecausethatisthewaykimiusuallytalks.

It will always be the clip that epitomises Kimi and his attitude towards tradition and all the things that are normally respected and revered in the sport. I could watch it a thousand times and never tire of it. I love the fact that straight away he gets where Martin is coming from; "Will you get over it?" His reply is so knowing and right on the money.

Boring? This guy is just playing in a playground full of boring idiots.

I just love your perspective on things Steve... I can also say this of you "His reply is so knowing and right on the money." this is what this post of yours mean to me, as a die-hard Kimi fan......