Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ayrton Senna

Gp Week's Top-5 Drivers Of 2008

uuuh ^^ 4th is Lewis Hamilton

Not impressed!

A top 3 of Felipe, Nando and Vettel is just clueless IMHO.

45,000 votes can't be wrong, I guess :o

I blame the 'accents'

Not enough poles out there :lol:

Seb is cute, who knows if he can climb to 3rd :P

uuuh ^^ 4th is Lewis Hamilton

What did I say? ^^

Am I the next TF1 prophet now? :P

Not impressed!

A top 3 of Felipe, Nando and Vettel is just clueless IMHO.

45,000 votes can't be wrong, I guess :o

I blame the 'accents'

And I didn't even get to vote :P

But I mean are you happy that we have a british world champion?

And why do you hate Lewis? I'm just interested, I'm not arguing or anything. I like girls aloud latest song! Although its too catchy and gets stuck in my head

It isn't football, or the Olympics, the fact he is British means nothing to me, so no, I'm not happy 'we' have a British world champion, because i dont like the guy, and I dont support drivers because of where they come from!

And yes, The Promise is a very catchy song, probably why it reached number one and is the 2nd biggest selling single after that X Factor s##t this year! Shame how they are getting more popular now, and thanks too a song that is far FAR from their best. The British public just don't get their experimental, unique, wacky songs like 'Swinging London Town' etc. The country has been dumbed down so much that even a girl band's songs are too difficult for them to understand, and so they only enjoy the simplest, most basic melodies like what The Promise has! Best song on their new album, Miss You Bow Wow, would never be released as it's a song no one will 'get' because it's not generic!

And when he does come fourth (the first year when he is out of McLaren or the first year Alonso or Kubica drive a Ferrari) he can always follow he true carier - a Victoria's Secret model...with Rosberg as his partner.

:lol: Sour grapes Piotr?

:lol: Sour grapes Piotr?

Nope- realism with a bit of sarcasm. I don't fall for a "pretty boy" hype.

It isn't football, or the Olympics, the fact he is British means nothing to me, so no, I'm not happy 'we' have a British world champion, because i dont like the guy, and I dont support drivers because of where they come from!

But why don't you like him?

But why don't you like him?

It'll be the usual;

- He's so smarmy and c#cky

- He's got straight into a front running car from the off (so did JB)

- He's too aggressive

- blah blah blah

What I've noticed in most of these debates is that others conveniently forget their favourite driver's failings and concentrate on their driving ability, but somehow cant do the same when it comes to Lewis.

- Nando is a d!ckhead, petulant and full of himself, but he has been dragging that dog of Renault round and is the best driver, pound for pound, on the current grid - apparently. His fans, of which there are many, focus on his driving and very rarely comment on his personality. If they are able to focus on Nando's driving ability why cant they do the same for every driver?

That is why I prefer to ignore a driver's personality and focus on their driving ability as that is what most fans really focus on unless they are trying to belittle the achievements of a driver they don't like.

- Michael wasn't a great personality, but he was a great driver

- Ditto nando

- Kubica is very arrogant, outspoken and c#cky, but he is a good driver

- JPM the same

etc etc.

- Kimi, Massa, Hak, Vettel, Nick, Sato, Jenson, Bourdais, Wurz, Ruebens are all nice guys, but only 2 are WDC's.

Most F1 fans follow the sport because of the driving.

Just my view

Well, Ben rarely gets down with the sistas' thongs.

(Just joking, Ben. I agree more with Fed Up's take on this.)

I'd like to believe you, but I can't. Your name suggests the reason why. I like Jenson because he was the original englishman after Hill. But I also appreciate his driving style.

Believe me - after being admin on the JB official forum, after two years I have learned the majority of fans are pre-teen girls or grown women and gay men who fancy him, British people, Honda fans and you might get a couple of the genuine Jenson brigade who like him for his driving. Unfortunately nationality is everything in sport, it always has been and always will be.

Saying that - I refuse to become patriotic. My country tax my wages so that I can pay for murderers and rapists, and charges me National Insurance so I can receive second-rate treatment on the NHS (in no way an insult to our doctors and nurses). Ask not what your country can do for you? Biggest load of bulls##t I have ever heard, but before I start ranting thats another topic, another time.

Edit: Spelling mistake on 'nationality'

Hi

hahahahahahahhahahahaha

on crash: 3rd - Nando / 2nd - Felipe

hahahahahahhahaahhahaahahahahahha who's missing? ah? ah?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha after i posted i thought: heikki, is that you?

The list has no credibilty IMHO - The top 2 (assuming Vettel wins it) haven't even won a WDC yet are lauded as the best in F1.

Whatever!

is 'best of year'. plus its voted by 45000 visitors. also, i inform i just voted once, and i didnt even put on s-v.org news or forum ^^

The list has no credibilty IMHO - The top 2 (assuming Vettel wins it) haven't even won a WDC yet are lauded as the best in F1.

Whatever!

That's why "true fans" with no "accent" would never consider a guy like Gilles Villeneuve, or Stirling Moss as great drivers.

That's why "true fans" with no "accent" would never consider a guy like Gilles Villeneuve, or Stirling Moss as great drivers.

No idea what your point is here my friend