Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Super Aguri To Get An Entry

correct me if i'm wrog, but wasn't it ralf, and also your beloved jacques, who were indirectly involved in the unfortunate fatalitiy of a marshal?

i would never even consider blaming them for the deaths of the marshals, but the fact is they were more to blame than sato has ever been for fatalities of marshals, spectators or even other drivers. should they have their super licenses revoked? i think not.

but wait, sato has been involved in such major collisions on the track (such as belgium 2005) where the other driver has been so incapacitated and near death that he has been able to jump out of his car immediately and tap sato on the helmet in frustration, just before he was read his last rites of course, and numerous spectators went into a coma in sympathy, never to regain consciousness. yes, sato is a danger to all those that surround him. drivers, marshals, spectators, tv crew and commentators too.

NO - the only people who's health is in serious danger if sato takes to the track is ben, bajo and senna, who might have a heart attack if they see sato and super aguri nintendo f1 on the grid.

The incident between RS and JV was an unavoidable racing incident. Sato driving a lap and a half with a failing engine around the tight confines of Monaco, issuing oil and smoke, was most certainly avoidable. Whether or not the team advised it, he should have pulled over. Safety first.

yes but barring alex yoong, can anyone remember any driverc in f1 being that far off teh pace? sato was kind of slow compared to button, but at most he was .5 seconds a lap slower during the race, and .75~1 in quali. that's not so bad seeing jenson is touched by the hand of God.

Put Sato in last years Minardi or Jordan he would have been that slow. Now that he is racing a SAF1 that belongs in a museum i think he will be even slower.

May god be with us all when he hits the track.

1. TS has been in f1 since 02. He collides with people sometimes. SO? Its entertainment, although you seem to prefer not to want any!

OK, let me paint the picture. Button is on the last lap and on his way to his first ever victory. All he has to do is lap Sato half a lap from home. Once JB laps him TS misjudged his braking, hits JB from behind and Rubens goes on to win BAR's first ever race. I guarantee you that you will not be saying that is entertainment!

As for Super Aguri being accepted, as I said in my initial analysis when the idea of this team was first mooted. I'm in favour of seeing more teams and the like, and they will only use the Arrows chassis for the first 4 or 5 races, but they're bringing back a man who proved himself this year that he does not belong in F1, therefore, I'll have to begrudgingly accept this decision.

I give up. Ben, bajo, ctrl300 - I hope you see sense soon and realise what you're saying is completely and utterly ridiculous. Of course I'd be mad if sato cost Button a victory but he shouldnt be banned from f1 for being dangerous cos he's not dangerous

Sato :banned22: Narain :banned22:

I guess I should clarify, I'm talking drivers :D

I wonder if Bajo, J_R, and Senna ,erm, "discover" themselves over that.

Hey, Sato got banned (yes yes yes yes yes)

What do you mean Sato got banned?

I went back and clarified my post for ar5's benefit, I was talking about the drivers..............

I give up. Ben, bajo, ctrl300 - I hope you see sense soon and realise what you're saying is completely and utterly ridiculous. Of course I'd be mad if sato cost Button a victory but he shouldnt be banned from f1 for being dangerous cos he's not dangerous

Actually myself, Dan, Ctl300 and Senna are right and thus we hope YOU see sense soon!

:clap3: I dream about that every day.

Dont we all my friend, dont we all!

Indeed Dan!

Oh yes Ben, Sato displayed a flagrant disregard for the safety of his fellow drivers at that GP. I was disappointed to see him and the team (which provided him a race seat) escape a heavy fine and/or suspension for that incident.

Quite, that really could have caused loss of life in 04 at Monaco. He is a danger and yes senna, this is terrible news for f1!

Super Aguri and Matsuura

Super Aguri F1 will run Takuma Sato in 2006. The news has not yet been confirmed but Sato is one of the reasons that the team exists and it would be amazing if he did not drive. The big question therefore is who will drive the second car and while there is the normal talk of Anthony Davidson and other BAR contracted drivers, it is much more likely given the funding that the team will run two Japanese drivers and that the second man will be Aguri Suzuki's longtime protege Kosuke Matsuura. Some say that he has not raced on road courses for a couple of years, which is true, but prior to that he did all his racing on road circuits and presumably has not forgotten how to do it.

Matsuura started racing at 14, after following his brother into racing. He moved to Formula Dream in 1999 and was a race winner and runner-up in his first year. He won the title in dominant fashion in 2000 and moved to German F3 in 2001. He was a winner in his first season and in 2002 finished second in the title. He moved up to Formula Renault V6 and was again a first year winner and finished third in the series and then headed to America where he was Indy Racing League rookie of the year in 2004.

Matsuura seems to be pretty well-qualified to be having a try in Formula 1.

oh dear, it appears that davidson isn't the favourite for the second seat... i sincererly hope that honda pushed suzuki to choose davidson. matsuura can be 3rd driver. however, in an interview on japanese tv, aguri did say the team is his vision of a "team japan", so i fear for davidson's chances at the second drive.

oh dear, it appears that davidson isn't the favourite for the second seat... i sincererly hope that honda pushed suzuki to choose davidson. matsuura can be 3rd driver. however, in an interview on japanese tv, aguri did say the team is his vision of a "team japan", so i fear for davidson's chances at the second drive.
:yikes:

If Honda are loyal enough to make a team for Sato, then I think they should be loyal enough to give Davidson that second seat should he want it.

Matsura is not only one mentioned...next part comes from

http://www.gp2005.com/news/controller.php?...m&news_id=16421

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sato and Ide for Super Aguri?

Takuma Sato may be in pole position for the number one driver role at the new Super Aguri Racing Formula One team if they get the go ahead by the FIA to join the 2006 grid, something that is currently seen as just a formality by most of the F1 paddock, but there are several names being tossed around as the potential number two, the latest being Yuji Ide.

Reports in Autosport indicate that the Formula Nippon racer has moved into the lead for the role of second driver, beating others, such as Anthony Davidson, Sakon Yamamoto, Alexander Wurz and Kosuke Matsuura, to the seat by already putting pen to paper with the aid of sponsors at Japanese Bluetooth company, Mobilecast.

Ide has raced in the Formula Nippon series for the past four years and it is thought his position will be announced when the team confirms their 2006 entry early next month.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems they really heading for pure Japanese lineup.

Honda has treated Anthony atrociously.

Honda has treated Anthony atrociously.

Indeed..............