Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MasterPlans

Bahrain Tests!!!

It would'nt be bad to bet on Heidfeld for the upcoming championship...

no it'd be bad. anyways BMW covered a massive 1100kms with some serious pace.i mean they were of the hook!

Nick is turning out be schumi's heir(i know i'm gonna get a lot of flack for this comment) in terms of car knowledge and speed.i'll tell you why.....did anyone see nick checking at the back of his car when he stopped on track today? the only other driver i can think about with this kind of attention to detail with the car's problems is schumi. talking about pace his nickname given by sir frank is 'Ouick Nick'. AND BOTH SCHUMI AND NICK ARE GERMAN! :naughty:

this is only a theory though! :eusa_think:

Long runs for Raikkonen and Massa

Second day of testing this week for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, working again today at the Sakhir circuit, in Bahrain. Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa continued with the programme initiated yesterday, which includes long run tests, working on finding the best set-up for the car and electronics testing. The day in figures is as follows: 71 laps for Felipe (best time 1.32.584) and 75 for Kimi (1.32.240.)

yes, Massa had a problem in the morning, but Kimi beat Massa at last.... :D

For me the Brazilian GP is the worst as it starts at 3am. All the European races start around 11pm which isnt so bad. I actually had to miss the Brazilian GP last year as i had a major exam the next day at school so basically i couldnt be up at 3am watching the formula 1.

people at the west coast of the US have it the worst. I have to wake up at 4.30 am on friday, sat and sunday for most race weekends to see the practice quali and the race! Only brazil, canada, japan and Oz gps are at a decent hour for me :(

If Alonso dosent win it again this year I hope its Webber, Heidfeld (be an amazing laugh if he gets a WDC before Kimi, karma) or Heikki. But then again McLaren are supposedly running Melbourne spec's (low grip, high downforce) and setup's in Bahrain (high grip, high speed, medium downforce) so showing any competative pace is very good. If BMW arent doing the same it can explain things alot, otherwise Autosport is more right then anyone belived.

Long runs for Raikkonen and Massa

Second day of testing this week for Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, working again today at the Sakhir circuit, in Bahrain. Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa continued with the programme initiated yesterday, which includes long run tests, working on finding the best set-up for the car and electronics testing. The day in figures is as follows: 71 laps for Felipe (best time 1.32.584) and 75 for Kimi (1.32.240.)

yes, Massa had a problem in the morning, but Kimi beat Massa at last.... :D

Took the blonde wonder long enough.....either Massa is faster than we think or Kimi is slower! Seriously, testing times are bunk in evaluating drivers.

people at the west coast of the US have it the worst. I have to wake up at 4.30 am on friday, sat and sunday for most race weekends to see the practice quali and the race! Only brazil, canada, japan and Oz gps are at a decent hour for me :(

Testifah mah brother!!

If Alonso dosent win it again this year I hope its Webber, Heidfeld (be an amazing laugh if he gets a WDC before Kimi, karma) or Heikki. But then again McLaren are supposedly running Melbourne spec's (low grip, high downforce) and setup's in Bahrain (high grip, high speed, medium downforce) so showing any competative pace is very good. If BMW arent doing the same it can explain things alot, otherwise Autosport is more right then anyone belived.

If Alonso doesn't win this year, it'll be Massa or Kimi. My two bucks are on Kimi to win, Alonso to place and Massa to show.

Just to make you know how happy i am :banana:

Oh dear.....im afraid your joy won't last past Oz....

.......and the Canadian and US GP's............

To remind everyone................TEST TIMES DON'T MEAN SQUAT!!!!!!..........................

both Heidfeld and Alonso did 3 lap stint so nothing to worry about ...Ferrari and Kimi are ahead at the moment.

autosport.com had few interesting lines :

-Nick Heidfeld said the following :

Heidfeld was very fast on the second day of testing in Bahrain as he comfortably outpaced the McLaren of world champion Fernando Alonso by eight tenths of a second.

But the German has played down the relevance of the time after admitting that it had come during a qualifying simulation run.

He thinks it was more important that both he and Kubica were able to complete race distance runs in the heat of Bahrain.

"Of course we have a fast car, but we always want more," he said. "The laptime was, you know, one laptime so I am not concerned about that.

"It is nice but it was important to get the long distance. I think the Ferraris are still quickest so we have to work on our speed really, but it was a very good day."

and autosport .com also said Kimi's long run stint today was most impressive.

Nick was 'rehearsing' a qualifying when he got that lap. :)

But the nice thing *as nick says* it's the fact the car lasted 57 laps on the race 'rehearsal', after Nick's problems yesterday...

what we really need is average lap time over the entire test session, that would give the best indication of who is on top

You have nicked my idea, how dare you!

Honda showing pac, and they still havnt got the 2007 wings or some other parts yet, they come onboard next week, so I'm beginning to be a bit happier.

I'm hoping BMW have been showboating all winter and come Melborne they will fall behind Honda. Right now and next week I would prob say Honda have pulled significantly away from red bull and toyota and are by the looks of things now ahead of Renault!

I'm hoping BMW have been showboating all winter and come Melborne they will fall behind Honda. Right now and next week I would prob say Honda have pulled significantly away from red bull and toyota and are by the looks of things now ahead of Renault!

Why don't you wait 3 weeks before you get your hopes (dashed) up...........

I am dont worry, Im just saying its looking more positive now! Though I do think they wll be ahead of renault!

I am dont worry, Im just saying its looking more positive now! Though I do think they wll be ahead of renault!

Good, I know how fragile you can be when Honda turns to $hit......... ;)

Maybe in '08, but certainly not in '07!

Over my dead body <_<

wouldnt it be funny if Ferrari, BMW, Renault, Merc, Toyota, RBR, STR, Honda, Super Best Friends, and Williams all Lost both cars to some mechanical failure in Melbourne and we only had Suitle and Doornbos in the Podium? I would pay to see that. I would have to give Adrian the win though