Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimibest

Alonso

Has Hamilton today destroyed FA supremacy at F1, during previous two seasons?

Being Pole, and making a first stint clearly faster as he increased the distance between both mclaren drivers...

After first stop, when clearly FA has taken less fuel (1 sec), the only option to take over Hamilton, has not been succesful....

Again Hamilton has put some distance which has beed enought to keep Alonso away for the rest of the race

With same car, more fuel, less fuel, no SC in the middle, today Hamilton has shown clearly better driveness than his team mate...who would thought this, at season start, when a rookie was joining the world champ, maybe just to keep his back.

The motivation Hamilton shows, is a winner

Canada and USA are not Nando's favourite tracks I can tell you that much.

Lets see if Hamilton can keep it going.

So how is this Alonso's end ?!

For example Prost, was beaten by team mate Lauda in 84, returned the favor in 85, was beaten by Senna in 88, returned the favor in 89.

Has Hamilton today destroyed FA supremacy at F1, during previous two seasons?

Being Pole, and making a first stint clearly faster as he increased the distance between both mclaren drivers...

After first stop, when clearly FA has taken less fuel (1 sec), the only option to take over Hamilton, has not been succesful....

Again Hamilton has put some distance which has beed enought to keep Alonso away for the rest of the race

With same car, more fuel, less fuel, no SC in the middle, today Hamilton has shown clearly better driveness than his team mate...who would thought this, at season start, when a rookie was joining the world champ, maybe just to keep his back.

The motivation Hamilton shows, is a winner

Alonso isn't done for yet. Again, not his best race, but he was very close to lewis on ultimate pace today. Whether he wins the title or not is another matter, but he still has the skill to pull some wins off.

If Hamilton can beat him on 2 tracks that he has never raced, on it doesn't bode well for Nando IMHO. Whilst nando is undoubtedly a formidable opponent I think Lewis has him covered.

Lewis is the faster of the 2 and will only get faster as his confidence grows.

Knee jerk reactions aren't always the best.

Alonso has two weeks now, to go over and over each session over the last two races and see where exactly he's losing out. He's either going to take it in his stride and recover, or let his head get the better of him.

Alonso is also not treated as the '2nd driver'.

I would guess that half way through 2005, after nearly fourteen years in the sport, Michael Schumacher would have gone to bed one night and found it hard to go to sleep. It would have been the night that it dawned on him that Fernando and Kimi were not coming for him, they were on him.

It's one thing to have your reign toppled by a driver in a different car who may have a car advantage. It's quite another to be crowned the best only to have your rookie team mate beat you early in your career.

Fernando may not sleep well tonight.

Of couse I didnt mean, Alonso is not a good driver.

He is one of best ever, but whay i say, is that maybe he has lost his momentum too soon.

Hamilton has shown as top quality, and his first season at F1, he is dominating Alonso and both Ferraris without any mistake.

All romurs about FA to Ferrari, may have something real behind.

If Alonso accepts Hami as better than him, or at least "as good as", (he

I would guess that half way through 2005, after nearly fourteen years in the sport, Michael Schumacher would have gone to bed one night and found it hard to go to sleep. It would have been the night that it dawned on him that Fernando and Kimi were not coming for him, they were on him.

It's one thing to have your reign toppled by a driver in a different car who may have a car advantage. It's quite another to be crowned the best only to have your rookie team mate beat you early in your career.

Fernando may not sleep well tonight.

Maybe, Steve, maybe not. As I said in defence of Schumacher over the whole 'scared of Kimi' debate, I just don't think the top drivers, like Alonso, have the same 'fear mechanism' and they probably have to deal with losing, even to their team mate, quite a lot during their racing careers. So I don't think he will be too worried yet, but he will be surprised, I think.

However, Alonso is staring reality straight in the face. There are no excuses to be made, no hiding behind the fact that Lewis has the better car, etc, it's a pure and simple fight with the same machinery. He now knows he can't intimidate Lewis, either. So he will have to dig deep, go to the well, as it were, and prove he is a champion.

One thing for sure, judging from the season so far, if Alonso does up the ante and win the WDC, he will have earnt it.

By the way - what do people reckon on the swerving towards the pit wall by Alonso? Was it just frustration?

By the way - what do people reckon on the swerving towards the pit wall by Alonso? Was it just frustration?

I think it was his own perverse way of saying to the team that he wasnt happy with their treatment of him, I believe he felt lewis was slowing him down and messing up his stratergy. Quiet what he expected I don't know because he knew the team couldn't move lewis out of his way even if they had wanted to. Maybe also a touch of frustration. Either way, not a very good sign.

One thing for sure, judging from the season so far, if Alonso does up the ante and win the WDC, he will have earnt it.

Absolutely. It's hard to see how he can turn it up a notch from where he is at the moment. It's going to be fascinating.

I think it was his own perverse way of saying to the team that he wasnt happy with their treatment of him, I believe he felt lewis was slowing him down and messing up his stratergy. Quiet what he expected I don't know because he knew the team couldn't move lewis out of his way even if they had wanted to. Maybe also a touch of frustration. Either way, not a very good sign.

I agree with your evaluation, i thought the same. In a way it's not a good sign but on the other hand i kind of like the honesty of his reaction. There's no bull $hit with Fernando.

Yeah, that's what ITV reckoned too, I just can't really decide. Surely the strategy was to try & get in front of Lewis during the pit stops and it was instantly obvious that hadn't happened. Maybe it was just a bit of frustration, but I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing for Alonso, it just doesn't look good doing that sort of thing during a race.

Absolutely. It's hard to see how he can turn it up a notch from where he is at the moment. It's going to be fascinating.

I agree with your evaluation, i thought the same. In a way it's not a good sign but on the other hand i kind of like the honesty of his reaction. There's no bull $hit with Fernando.

Indeed it will, Steve. Not the battle I thought we'd be seeing so far, but entertaining nonetheless.

In all fairness, I don't think hes in the position to start making claims he can't back up and after McLaren's previous media gaffes this year, I think he chose his words very carefully.

I have always been one of the strongest praisers of Fernando's mental strength, this is an occasion on which he really needs to draw on it because he is, for my money, faced with one of his sternest tests yet

Yeah, that's what ITV reckoned too, I just can't really decide. Surely the strategy was to try & get in front of Lewis during the pit stops and it was instantly obvious that hadn't happened. Maybe it was just a bit of frustration, but I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing for Alonso, it just doesn't look good doing that sort of thing during a race.

For my money, he would have needed to have ran at least 3 laps longer to get in front of lewis today, he just needs to accept his pace wasnt quiet there and move on.

For my money, he would have needed to have ran at least 3 laps longer to get in front of lewis today, he just needs to accept his pace wasnt quiet there and move on.

Mmmm possibly. You can see what he was trying to do though - they reckon McLaren brought him in for his 1st pitstop slightly early, due to the problems they had at Canada, which is fair enough. So he had a bit more fuel left and his 2nd stint was shorter than Lewis', so they saved some fuelling time there. If that had been combined with a quicker lap before the pitstop and quicker in/out laps, it might have done it for him - it was reasonable idea to try, I think.

I thought the stratergy change was a bit of a strange move personally

So how is this Alonso's end ?!

For example Prost, was beaten by team mate Lauda in 84, returned the favor in 85, was beaten by Senna in 88, returned the favor in 89.

I could not agree more. I think we might be witnessing the beginning of a great rivalry.

Perhaps, but the point Kimibest is making is that Lewis will surely improve more than FA, who I have always said is the best driver since MS, over the next few years. Right now the most likely scenario imho is that Lewis will eventually usurp 'Nando. If so, the main questions remaining are whether it happens this year, and whether someone else will come up to threaten him, like Kubica or Piquet Jr.

Geez...I guess it's not that I am such an Alonso fan...it'ss just that I hate the heights people can reach just to justify their prejudices against him. :rolleyes:

First, I'm gonna post somewhere else how impressed I am about Lewis and how I think this time he really graduated as Alonsos rightful contender and one with the upper hand so far.

But to all the Alonso haters or Lewis a##-lickers out there are again either so eager to see Nando fall or Lewis become "greater than Jesus" that they see signs of doom everywhere.

Some questions:

Schumi's career was done in Hungaroring 2004? Better yet, was he done when Mika first beated him? (some member with better memory perhaps could help me with this race)

Was Prost out when Senna shone at Monaco on the Toleman??? I can go on like this for hours.

This was the first race where Alonso was beaten fair and square on track on roughly equal conditions and it was a beauty to see. Alonso's only concern is not tto let bitterness take over him and don't let the Lewis hype turn him onto a new Prost.

It was a fantastic race, I never enjoyed Indy as much as today, don't ruin it with cheap digs at the guy that showed the skills no one else got between Schumi and Lewis.

I agree with the quite one. It is an incredible amount of rubish one has to read these days. Here is a driver that has won two champoinships in his early twenties in a middle of the pack car and his career is over because he was beaten by 1.5 seconds... He will come back. The first thing he should do though is stop feeding his telemetry to Hamilton in the same way Schumy did with all his teammates.

Also, we all know Hamilton is good, but how many drivers started their career in the best car of their times with the benefit of the telemetry of a two time champion and a whole team behind him only because he shares their nationality. Would have been fun to see Hamilton fight for his life in a Minardi as others did. Cant help feeling that Hamilton has had it handed to him on a silver tray... Admitedly, he could have made a mess out of it, but stop comparing all his records as a rookie because there has never been one with the same level of support as hamilton.

By the way, given that Hamilton only finished a second ahead and never opened a gap proves to me Alonso would have been faster with a clear track.

So stop the BS and lets enjoy the season. May the best driver win it.

He mentioned something in the post race conference about..wait on, I'll post it-

[

Wasn't the blue flag on the middle of the straight there though? If that were the case, he'd of had to off gone much further in to ensure he didn't hit it.

Well, suerly Alonso must b frustrated for being held by a rookie team mate. But moving here and there to show the frustration to the team will not help, what if Lewis was driving a Ferrari?