Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5P33D3V1L

Lewis On Top Gear This Weekend.

Well atleast its FINALLY on tv :)

I hear richard is going to be driving a Renault F1 car. If thats true then that man just amazes me everyday.

You can tell he cant remember anything from the crash lol

1:44.7 on a wet track.

That's sick.

Yeah I agree,

My respect for him has gone up tremendously,

He beat Button and his time was in the dry.

Though just thinking about it, was it in the same car as the old one they used to have?

Still just proves this man has got some talent.

Yeah I agree,

My respect for him has gone up tremendously,

He beat Button and his time was in the dry.

Though just thinking about it, was it in the same car as the old one they used to have?

Still just proves this man has got some talent.

Yep for F1 drivers they bring back the old car. I still can't believe that time, he wasn't even concentrating fully! I reckon if he really focused he could of beaten stig's dry time, in the wet!

don't get overexcited by this time cause it wasn't that wet at all (in this car with good rain tyres it doesn't really make much difference) and he cut chicago and hammerhead.

besides button drove in hot conditions with (according to him) aircon on.

yes, hes always on something.

or ontop of someone LOL

Lewis was very quick today. Still, my hatred for him lives on. I wonder if he will win the bbc sports personality thing.... I expect so!

don't get overexcited by this time cause it wasn't that wet at all (in this car with good rain tyres it doesn't really make much difference) and he cut chicago and hammerhead.

Absolute nonsense.

When you'reold enough to drive you will begin to appreciate the difference in grip between a greasy emulsified surface (like the one Lewis was driving on) and a fully wet road, which gives more grip with road tyres. His line through all the corners looked exemplary, to me. His balance and throttle manipulation to unsettle the back end at key times to use oversteer was a joy to behold.

But then in this current climate of backstabbing, ignorance and demoralising intent maybe we should just find bitter excuses to explain away what i thought was brilliance.

When you'reold enough to drive you will begin to appreciate the difference in grip between a greasy emulsified surface (like the one Lewis was driving on) and a fully wet road, which gives more grip with road tyres. His line through all the corners looked exemplary, to me. His balance and throttle manipulation to unsettle the back end at key times to use oversteer was a joy to behold.

But then in this current climate of backstabbing, ignorance and demoralising intent maybe we should just find bitter excuses to explain away what i thought was brilliance.

Yeah, well, he had Senna looking after 'im didn't e? Y'know, it's not fair, 'e doesn't deserve it 'cos he's spoilt rotten 'in 'e?? Never lifted a finger for that talent huh? 'An I don't like him 'cos, well, I can't explain, but I 'ate 'im anyway. Just 'cos I'm too thick to give yer a reason doesn't mean i'm not right. Anyways, 'e's 22 so 'e should behave perfectly at all times. Just like wot I do.

Sorry (nearly). Just joking.

You're right Steve, and he's not the guy I'd support (my heart lies with another :P ), but the furore that surrounds this young lad is gobsmacking. ;)

And watching that lap, (after watching the WRDC highlights in the afternoon) he reminded me of Mr Colin McRae.......... Pure balls out driving. For fun.

or ontop of someone LOL

Lewis was very quick today. Still, my hatred for him lives on. I wonder if he will win the bbc sports personality thing.... I expect so!

:lol:

well, your opinion!! respect.

There is some question about wheather he cut the Hammerhead corner. Here is how you are suppose to take the corner

2082617335_2658a31c1f_o.jpg

2082617367_c1677d74e1_o.jpg

and here is how Hamilton took the corner

2082617295_09b89fe66c_o.jpg

2082617267_06b2b10496_o.jpg

Seriously, that's an excuse? Button drove in hot conditions and was stupid enough to put the aircon on. Well, hey nonny, nonny, I am really looking forward to watching this now! :lol:

And which star in a reasonably priced car were you then ?

The Stig reckons 3s slower in the wet, Webber reckons 1s, though to be fair Webber didn't drive it in the dry to have a comparison. It's reasonable to assume the difference is between 1s and 3s slower in the wet.

I haven't even watched it yet, Steve, but I can categorically say he was crap. He cut all the corners, he had the better car because his wasn't sabotaged and the Top Gear team helped him, in fact they are known as Top Gearilton now.

Hmm was this on last night then? I'd love to see it if it's on youtube. And it seems he probably did cut the corner from ykick's pics, but surely the disadvantage from the rain would be greater than any advantage gained there.

Hmm was this on last night then? I'd love to see it if it's on youtube. And it seems he probably did cut the corner from ykick's pics, but surely the disadvantage from the rain would be greater than any advantage gained there.

Here is a youtube video of the Hamiton interview. It takes afew minutes before we see Hamilton

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBh8-Q_MDvM

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sxFa9s2JA

PS this guy who puts this on youtube goes to great lenghts to avoid the BBC seeing his videos so be careful where you post these links otherwise he may get banned.

Thanks ykick! That's great to watch. The next segment about the BMW that drives (at racing speed) all by itself is very fun too.

To be honest i dont think too many of the other drivers took it TOO seriously. It was just a bit of fun as well so i dont know how much "brilliance" you could read into the times that were posted

To be honest i dont think too many of the other drivers took it TOO seriously. It was just a bit of fun as well so i dont know how much "brilliance" you could read into the times that were posted

Webber certainly didnt. Clarkson even commented on his lack of concentration while setting his time :D

Webber certainly didnt. Clarkson even commented on his lack of concentration while setting his time :D

He said the same about Lewis in that clip. I guess when you are used to F1 speeds, then ambling about in the top gear car is all a bit ordinary and mundane, I guess! :lol:

Thanks ykick! That's great to watch. The next segment about the BMW that drives (at racing speed) all by itself is very fun too.

Best part of the show IMO.

Shame in F1 they aren't allowed to use such cars.