Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

c21

A Tad Optimistic?

I'm going to retire to the Bahamas next year because i am expecting a 10,000% increase in my company's profitability.

I'm going to retire to the Bahamas next year because i am expecting a 10,000% increase in my company's profitability.

Then I think I should ask for a job on your board of directors!

Maybe, maybe not.

Honda will be stronger in 2009 than they were in 2008. In turn, they will be stronger in 2008 than they were in 2007.

A title is a little optimistic but don't count them out.

But were they not supposed to be stronger in 2007 after that first win in 2006?

Well if they recover their end of 2006 form this season, and then naturally extend and develop that form into 2009, then a title would be within reach. Of course whether they can do that is another thing altogether, personally I think Honda & Button as a combination will never be champions, even with the help of good old Ross Brawn. Button almost certainly has the talent to be a champion though.

They were but they didn't have Brawn then, who I expect to turn them around somewhat.

Like Newey shot Red Bull to the top last year?

Ah but I never said Newey would turn Red Bull around.

I take the point though and and in all seriousness I doubt they will win the title in 2009.

When a team is as bad as Honda was last year, it can take years and years for them to come back. You don't win races overnight and teams that don

Pfff... Well, we all know whats gon happen. If he fails, we'll have a third autobiography.

I have to defend Button.

He said "we have to"

He didn't say "we will"

He said "we have to"

As in a threat.

As in they don't, bad things will happen.

Ah but I never said Newey would turn Red Bull around.

I take the point though and and in all seriousness I doubt they will win the title in 2009.

When a team is as bad as Honda was last year, it can take years and years for them to come back. You don't win races overnight and teams that don

I don't really need to read the article cos all I can say about the title is :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !

The joys of journalism, young Danny. Poor journalists exaggerate to draw attention. Good journalists write truthful articles about things that are interesting unaltered.

This is poor journalism. Jenson is basically threatening Honda to step it up. The journalist made the title seem like he was being a DC so that people would read the article.

It's a tough life, having every word analyzed. If he says "I think Honda suck," there goes his job and he will be bashed for having no faith in his team and some idiot will say that he was blaming his team and not himself. If he says "Honda can win," he is bashed for being c#cky, and if he's wrong, he suffers. If he answers every question with "No comment," he'll have no fans.

When one assumes, they make an *** out of you and me. Funny how we all assume Jenson is wrong.

Ross isnt' at Honda to muck around.

With the right changes made, Honda could well be challenging for the occasional podium in 2009 but not wins on outright pace, maybe 2010. It was only 2006 when this outfit with Jenson at the wheel of the RA106 out scored the entire field in the final quarter of the season & won a GP.

The joys of journalism, young Danny. Poor journalists exaggerate to draw attention. Good journalists write truthful articles about things that are interesting unaltered.

This is poor journalism. Jenson is basically threatening Honda to step it up. The journalist made the title seem like he was being a DC so that people would read the article.

It's a tough life, having every word analyzed. If he says "I think Honda suck," there goes his job and he will be bashed for having no faith in his team and some idiot will say that he was blaming his team and not himself. If he says "Honda can win," he is bashed for being c#cky, and if he's wrong, he suffers. If he answers every question with "No comment," he'll have no fans.

When one assumes, they make an *** out of you and me. Funny how we all assume Jenson is wrong.

Exactly. Thanks for a damn fine summing up Eric - especially the bit in bold. We have the age of 'be nice to the press', what does anyone expect?

Jaysus, I hope the car is half decent this year.......... four or five cars on a similar pace would be magic.