Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Current Driver Market 09/10

Bestestest driver predictions ever:

Brawn Grand Prix

Jenson Button

Robert Kubica

Red Bull

Mark Webber

Sebastian Vettel

Toyota

Don't care

Timo Glock

Ferrari

Fernando Alonso

Felipe Massa

Williams

Nico Hulkenberg

Kazuki Nakajima

McLaren

Lewis Hamilton

Heikki Kovalainen

Renault

Don't care

Lucas Di Grassi

BMW

Nick Heidfeld

Nico Rosberg

STD

Sebastian Buemi

S

Latest insider rumours:

1) Vitantonio Liuzzi appears set to sign a contract to be a Force India race driver in 2010. The 28 years old italian told a journalist friend of mine that he is "very close to sign with them" and that he hopes "an official announcement will come shortly afterwards". He will replace veteran and fellow countryman Giancarlo Fisichella, while Adrian Sutil is set to stay, courtesy of sponsor Medion. The article can be found in the website www.stopandgo.tv

2) Kimi Raikkonen is in talks with Brawn Gp to replace Rubens Barrichello in 2010. With news that his Ferrari contract could be ended one year earlier to make room for Fernando Alonso, the finn's manager Steve Robertson has met with Ross Brawn in the team motorhome on friday.

Insider rumours, eh! I have heard this story too from an my old friend Willi, a freelance photographer and if it is true, [and I have no reason to believe otherwise], it won't have gone unnoticed by Ruben's people either. It probably fuelled his post-race frenzy. He was quite within his rights right to slag BGP off - both he and JB had realistic podium chances severely compromised by the team's p**s poor, pitwall performance - I just don't think he should have done it in public. I have one problem with Kimi going to BGP and that is his technical feedback is probably the worst on the grid! Jens was bad but has improved immensely. Nevertheless, neither he nor Kimi are as efficient as Barrichello in this area. If Ross does let Rubens go, one of the new teams would be missing a trick if they didn't sign the Brazilian. As far as Sutil is concerned, he should get away if he wants to get on. Ross would do well to lure him Brawn's way. That would keep Mercedes happy and the Medion cash would be handy. It would also keep a fire under JB's posterior.

Brawn GP

Engine: Mercedes

Drivers: Jenson Button & Kimi Raikkonen

Red Bull Racing

Drivers: Sebastian Vettel & Mark Webber

Toyota Racing

Engine: Toyota

Drivers: Jarno Trulli & Timo Glock

Scuderia Ferrari

Engine: Ferrari

Drivers: Felipe Massa & Fernando Alonso

McLaren Mercedes

Drivers: Lewis Hamilton & Nico Rosberg

Renault F1

Engine: Renault

Drivers: Heikki Kovalainen & Bruno Senna

Williams F1

Drivers: Anthony Davidson & Nico Hulkenberg

BMW Sauber

Engine: BMW

Drivers: Robert Kubica & Adrian Sutil

Scuderia Torro Rosso

Drivers: S

I have one problem with Kimi going to BGP and that is his technical feedback is probably the worst on the grid! Jens was bad but has improved immensely. Nevertheless, neither he nor Kimi are as efficient as Barrichello in this area.

This is contrary to anything I have ever heard or read following F1 for over 10 years, and not only because his my fav driver... not only do I believe this statement to be false, it's pure blashemous!!!

Prove it please

edit: already 2 reliable articles comes to mind regarding his tech feedback, notably one statement from the boss of Bridgestone. Let's first hear what you have to say... this should be fun, gloves on Mr Insider! :angry:

This is contrary to anything I have ever heard or read following F1 for over 10 years, and not only because his my fav driver... not only do I believe this statement to be false, it's pure blashemous!!!.................

Stay cool Brad, I've heard that his feedback is very good, but his engineers sometimes struggle with, "I must be sh1t faced, the front end has a mind of its own"", "the back end could do with liposuction" and "Massa's faster than me again, we've got to work it out. Dood.".

Btw,blashemouse? Is it Kimi-speak for Danger Mouse?

Only kidding :P Here, this'll cheer you up..... http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/is-formula-one-the-new-'odessa'?-200907061880/

Stay cool Brad, I've heard that his feedback is very good, but his engineers sometimes struggle with, "I must be sh1t faced, the front end has a mind of its own"", "the back end could do with liposuction" and "Massa's faster than me again, we've got to work it out. Dood.".

Only kidding :P Here, this'll cheer you up..... http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/is-formula-one-the-new-'odessa'?-200907061880/

:lol:

:lol: Indeed. His comments after the retirement were crystal clear. Something like: "Thecarjustgavesomebluesmokeanddidn'tworkanymoreIdon'tknowwhathappenedI'mthirstyisOktoberfestalready?"

This is contrary to anything I have ever heard or read following F1 for over 10 years, and not only because his my fav driver... not only do I believe this statement to be false, it's pure blashemous!!!

Prove it please

edit: already 2 reliable articles comes to mind regarding his tech feedback, notably one statement from the boss of Bridgestone. Let's first hear what you have to say... this should be fun, gloves on Mr Insider! :angry:

My point was that Kimi could care less about most of the technical side of F1 racing. This from Chris Dyer in a Daily Telegraph article on Kimiin 2008:

Dyer worked with Michael Schumacher, who won five of his seven world titles with Ferrari. 'Kimi is more relaxed than Michael, and less concerned about technical details. If we turn up with a new part, Kimi will say, "Let's throw it on and see what happens"; Michael would have wanted to know what the simulation tests said. What you see is what you get with Kimi: he never plays games. But on the track, he is very strong mentally. He is not affected by pressure.'

JB was very much the same sort of driver until he met Brawn. Kimi knows how to make a car go faster, for sure,[sorry!] but it's instinct more than engineering knowledge. Ross would want a little more input - it's the way he is - but, I think KR and JB are a hell of a driver team and if the rumours are true, it's a another master stroke from Brawn.

My point was that Kimi could care less about most of the technical side of F1 racing. This from Chris Dyer in a Daily Telegraph article on Kimiin 2008:

JB was very much the same sort of driver until he met Brawn. Kimi knows how to make a car go faster, for sure,[sorry!] but it's instinct more than engineering knowledge. Ross would want a little more input - it's the way he is - but, I think KR and JB are a hell of a driver team and if the rumours are true, it's a another master stroke from Brawn.

I thought JB's setup was still largely based on RB's car. With limited testing, you definitely need a more technically aware driver or you will spend half of the season playing guessing games with the setup, even with a car perfectly developed by the team. JB might have improved, but if I was Brawn I would feel safer knowing tha I have a driver with a high level of techical knowledge along with a great driver "by instinct"

And no, I am no referring to Alonso here before someone says something :P

nice paragraph, really enjoyed it thanks...... I have to agree with what you say here, he has his own way....the way you said it previously made him look incompetent though.

And no, I am no referring to Alonso here before someone says something tongue.gif

Of course not.

Everybody knows Alonso is both a driver with a high level of technical knowledge and a great driver "by instinct". smile.gif

I don't see Kimi at Brawn. He already said a lot of times that his last team would be Ferrari, and I'm not sure Brawn have the money to burn on a driver like Kimi if they can pay Button half as much to do the same job. It wouldn't be much of a master stroke to hire Kimi on current form for the kind of money he'd want.

I'm fairly certain Barrichello will be gone next season though, so they'll need someone competent to replace him. Maybe Kubica would fit in well, although that depends on whether they want a new lead driver or someone to be Button's next doormat.

An update or two to my already awesome predictions:

Alonso -> Toyota for roughly $3,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 per year and a sack of cornmeal. I'm calling it.

Renault -> byebyetime, Flavio barters three of his exes in exchange for the team, Briatore F1 with Mecachrome engines even if Mecachrome filed Canadian Chapter 11 (which is the hardcorest Chapter 11 one can file) back when Andr

My Predictions:

Brawn GP: Jenson Button and ... who cares? Maybe Bourdais so Ross can operate wiyhout being pointing guilty!

Red Bull: Webber - Vettel

Ferrari: Alonso - Massa

BMW: Kubica - Klien

Toyota: Glock - Trulli

Maclaren: Lewis - Rosberg

Williams: Sutil - Nakajima

Toro Rosso: Buemi - ???

Force India: Fisico - ???

Renault: Heidfield - Senna

I risk being the only one in this world, but... Kimi will be driving Ferrari F61 next year. Fernando Alonso will be anounced to come to SF in 2011.

I risk being the only one in this world, but... Kimi will be driving Ferrari F61 next year. Fernando Alonso will be anounced to come to SF in 2011.

I agree. I don't think any business can afford (= explain to share holders) to pay tens of millions of euros to a driver for not driving. I think Kimi may have told Ferrari last year when his contract was extended that 2010 would be his last season, given the direction F1 was (and is?) headed, and hence Ferrari wants to secure they have Alonso when that happens. However, I have to say I'd like to see Kimi and Fernando battle it out in Ferraris come 2011...

Finnish papers are now rumoring Rosberg has signed a long contract with BMW starting next season, three-folding his salary and ousting Heidfeld. Apparently this happened in Silverstone. He has to deny it and keep quiet until september. No point in posting a source, since it's written in moonman language. ^_^

The Toyota-Alonso alliance has gotten some press over the last couple of months and, if nothing else, it smells of intrigue. The one factor that may dampen the flame under this rumor is the question of exactly how secure is the Toyota F1 team under the watchful eye of Toyota corporate? Will board memebers be swayed by the possibility of genuine success with Alonso 'tweaking' the team for real improvements... or will they look at their balance sheet and wonder how they can continue to justify huge amounts of money poured into what has been a losing, and sometimes embarassing, proposition? I certainly don't wish the team ill but upper management back in Japan holds the purse strings and they will make their decision devoid of emotion. With that bit of white noise done, it's good to see the advent of the true silly season in Formula One because it takes your mind off the idiots who run the sport.

After all the rumors of who's gonna replace Felipe & Nelsinho & also Shumi returning aswell as BMW Sauber withdrawing, here's my updated 2010 predictions:

Brawn GP

Drivers: Jenson Button & Alex Wurz

Red Bull Racing

Drivers: Mark Webber & TBA

Toyota Racing

Drivers: Timo Glock & Jarno Trulli/Kamui Kobayashi (can't decide)

Scuderia Ferrari

Drivers: Fernando Alonso & Sebastian Vettel/Michael Schumacher

McLaren Mercedes

Renault F1

Drivers: Lucas Di Grassi & Heikki Kovalainen

WilliamsF1

Drivers: Nick Heidfeld & Nico Hulkenberg

Scuderia Torro Rosso

After all the rumors of who's gonna replace Felipe & Nelsinho & also Shumi returning aswell as BMW Sauber withdrawing, here's my updated 2010 predictions:

Brawn GP

Drivers: Jenson Button & Alex Wurz

Red Bull Racing

Drivers: Mark Webber & TBA

Toyota Racing

Drivers: Timo Glock & Jarno Trulli/Kamui Kobayashi (can't decide)

Scuderia Ferrari

Drivers: Fernando Alonso & Sebastian Vettel/Michael Schumacher

McLaren Mercedes

Renault F1

Drivers: Lucas Di Grassi & Heikki Kovalainen

WilliamsF1

Drivers: Nick Heidfeld & Nico Hulkenberg

Scuderia Torro Rosso

You are kidding, right? WURZ to Brawn?? Heidfeld to Williams??? DiGrassi to Renault??????? Kubica out??? Better lay off them funny cigarettes...

I think his "predicitons" are more opinionated than based on facts. His USF1 prediciton for one i don't think you'd ever seen that line-up in that team.

I think his "predicitons" are more opinionated than based on facts. His USF1 prediciton for one i don't think you'd ever seen that line-up in that team.

I think I have to agree....

smile.gif

Now, if Danika would offer to stroll down the grid in her underwear and getting dressed for the race next to her car, how many teams would offer her a ride???

Just wonderin'