Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cavallino

The Schumacher Thread

Time we had one eh?

So I am waiting on the official announcement to buy tickets to Melbourne :D

:meh: Great, the old git and his Cheatercar, courtesy of FIArrari.

No, wait...geez, that's going to be so confusing!

Anyways, please post a pic of your face tomorrow when the headlines read: "Schumi finally won't drive for MGP. Brawn confirms Nelsinho Piquet. It WAS a surprise, as he promised!"

Alright Cav, your hero is back on the grid. Are ya happy? Are ya? Are ya?

Poor guy is going to have his a## handed to him on a plate........ :P

:meh: Great, the old git and his Cheatercar, courtesy of FIArrari.

No, wait...geez, that's going to be so confusing!

Anyways, please post a pic of your face tomorrow when the headlines read: "Schumi finally won't drive for MGP. Brawn confirms Nelsinho Piquet. It WAS a surprise, as he promised!"

Nah the surprise is: Mercedes GP hires Flav as new team boss :D

Though I have been predicting this for several weeks now, I will believe it when MGP announce it. Bild can be a little sparse when it comes to hard fact, I find. Also, since MS retired, Hamilton and Vettel have emerged and Button has matured and improved. Alonso is at the top of his game too and Michael will find a much stronger field with highly competitive cars awaiting him now. It will be no picnic.

Is this thread my christmas present, Cav? Thanks, old boy.

BBC news reported this morning that apparently Michael visits Brackley today and I don't think it will be to buy apples from the market or to buy some crash bungs from Brackley Yamaha.

I draw these positives; If Michael decides to come back it will be to try as hard as possible, that's his nature, so his commitment and effort level will not be in question. He knows how to go around a corner, he hasn't forgotten. The uncertain nature of heavy cars may play into his hands too.

Question marks; Neck, car, strength of competition and how quickly he can adapt to a car that will be quite different in nature to his '06 steed.

The only thing that would be truly awful, for me, would be to see him spooked and out of his depth, Badoer style.

So, just to see him there, to see the reactions of others and to feel the vibe will be lovely. Competitive results would be good, podiums a thrill, wins a dream and a championship the stuff of fairytales. We had one of those last year. I'm hungry for another.

Question marks;.........how quickly he can adapt to a car that will be quite different in nature to his '06 steed.

Absolutely no chance he'll struggle with that aspect Steve, he came out of his mum's tum race ready, he's got another few years in him easily.

The only thing that would be truly awful, for me, would be to see him spooked and out of his depth, Badoer style.

Again, I think there's no danger at all - imo the only tell-tale sign of him being spooked would in very heavy rain, the most frightening time for any driver. Apart from seeing Flavio in a thong ;)

So, just to see him there, to see the reactions of others and to feel the vibe will be lovely. Competitive results would be good, podiums a thrill, wins a dream and a championship the stuff of fairytales. We had one of those last year. I'm hungry for another.

A good chance for all of your wishes to Santa coming true if the rumour-mill is right - in that he's signed for 3 years, but whether it's 3 years driving I've no idea (we find out at around 10:30 today, official Merc announcement??), I guess if it's true then he'll have options to hang his helmet at any time and go into another role.

For all you Schumi fans, I'm happy fer ye... and interested to watch the new stewards in action :lol:

reasons (in my mind) why hes back

1.Back with his old team

2.Ross Brawn

3.Slicks

4.Suzuka

5.low fuel qualy

6.No TC

He is cheating! He is cheating! He said he would hang his helmet and he is back!

Cheater! :P

(Ahhh, feels like home) :D

YES! Get in there! Have that! The Schuey master is back!

As you can probably tell, I'm more than a little excited. Hopefully be able to go to the British GP to see him (and the Ferraris as well!) race.

Good on Schumacher and let's hope it doesn't bite him in the arse.

But I reckon that even with Schumacher, FIA will not be able to repeat last season's fixup for BrawnGP.

D**n, I'm in the wrong time zone... or is that twilight zone. Yes, I heard the announcement from BBC World News during my early morning commute but the buzz has been going on for hours apparently. In any event, I will consider this a PLUS for Formula One given the ongoing depressed economic conditions to say nothing of the tainted air surrounding the sport. For the avid fan, you have to think it will make for some exciting races in 2010. Like the man or not he'll bring some frisson back to the sport, perhaps some needed sponsorship money and 'cavallino' should be in much better spirits next year.

So it's finally official. Pretty happy about the Red Baron's (now, the Dark Knight?)return. Doesn't matter even if he comes dead last in every race, he'll still be the greatest for me. That said, I hope he wins #8.

If we only had JV (could happen)and JPM (unfortunatly won't happen) back too...

Still, gonna be a fun season to watch!

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No not Monty but Don Schumacher, well actually now that he's left Ferrari, Herr Schumacher!

Excellent news.

I'm thinking along the lines of he must have been 'competitive' in the test drives he had earlier on in the year when he was going to replace Massa. He wouldn't contemplate a return to F1 if he had been a country mile away from Kimi's or Massa's times, would he?

Is this thread my christmas present, Cav? Thanks, old boy.

BBC news reported this morning that apparently Michael visits Brackley today and I don't think it will be to buy apples from the market or to buy some crash bungs from Brackley Yamaha.

I draw these positives; If Michael decides to come back it will be to try as hard as possible, that's his nature, so his commitment and effort level will not be in question. He knows how to go around a corner, he hasn't forgotten. The uncertain nature of heavy cars may play into his hands too.

Question marks; Neck, car, strength of competition and how quickly he can adapt to a car that will be quite different in nature to his '06 steed.

Pleased for you, Dribs and all the Schui fans here. Neck and car worries aside, he brings heavy cred back to a sport that has been kicked to death in the past eighteen months. He now has opposition worthy of his status to take him on in the top four teams and I can't wait for the action to begin. Happy Xmas, buddy.

Pleased for you, Dribs and all the Schui fans here. Neck and car worries aside, he brings heavy cred back to a sport that has been kicked to death in the past eighteen months. He now has opposition worthy of his status to take him on in the top four teams and I can't wait for the action to begin. Happy Xmas, buddy.

Real nice. Thanks and same to you.

Apart from Andres who is just jealous because Michael is 40 and has hair, it's also great for the people among us, who are not fans of Michael to acknowledge their excitement.

Very good news but we could have achieved perfection next season with Raikkonen.

Hamilton/Button

Schumacher/Rosberg

Raikkonen/Kubica

Vettel/Webber

Alonso/Massa