Clicky

goferrarigo

The Offical Welcome Thread...

I think the Falmouth thing was about fond memories being a little rose tinted. Maybe also the contrast between it and things like the beaches over here, Sydney Harbour, the Reef.

Having read this I will ensure I never go to Australia. All my holidays are at English seaside towns (mainly Torquay/Paignton area) and it sounds like going to Oz would ruin all my favourite places forever lol.

Wow just realised I've gone past 10,000 posts recently. I guess that makes me the biggest nerd on the internet.

Edited by namechanged

Sorry, I did not mean to ruin anyone's favourite holiday destination.

I like Torquay, nothing wrong with it at all. Just different from what you see here, not worse, just different.

I had a nice weekend at Palazzo Versace in Main Beach/Southport, Gold Coast.

The task now is to stay awake for the GP tonight. I did OK last night for qualifying but there is work to do tomorrow.

So.... just joined.

I'm from Sydney (with Italian background) and I'm an old fart like some others here.

Clearly a fan of Dan Ricci and Ferrari.

So.... just joined.

I'm from Sydney (with Italian background) and I'm an old fart like some others here.

Clearly a fan of Dan Ricci and Ferrari.

Sydney is a gigantic hole, Ricciardo is a talent-less loser and old farts aren't welcome..... is what SOME people will tell you. I on the other hand say I live in Sydney too and enjoy it, although I am a Kiwi (less and less now), Ricciardo is THE F&CKING MAN and Ferrari is ok, but I wouldnt want to be seen in their road cars for fear of looking like a w&nker.

Welcome to the forum.

Oh, watch out for WebRic. ALWAYS say you love Alonso cause if you dont he crashes the server with his long winded come backs, eh WebRic ;):P

Edited by spiral.out

G'day mate and welcome. Good to have another Aussie onboard. Don't worry about spiral mate, it's against forum rules to dislike kimi, well he thinks so anyway. Lol

Welcome to the forum.

Incidentally I met an aussie yesterday at work. He was quite friendly.

We're all top blokes mate, except for tony abbott, he is an fnn clown, bloody deuchebag that guy.

Edited by WebRic

Hi mates... just visiting the old friends... how is this place going? greetings!

Más viejo serás tú! whistling.gif

Sin duda!!!

What happened to the forum...it was quite crowded, now I noticed it kinda lonely...

Abrazo hermano!

Bueno, hay comunidades grandes de la F1 en las redes sociales como Reddit y Twitter. Pero tienen demasiado ruido para mí, así todavía uso los foros. Y toda la gente allí quieren ser periodistas. No, no quiero leer tu blog, y especialmente no me gustaría "retweet." Quizás sea demasiado irritable porque cuando era periodista del automovilismo, nunca vi a mi dinero. :lol:

Greetings all. Our forum appears to have just been shut down (www.grandprix.com), so migrating over here. A few forum mates may follow.

Easy to register in this forum if you are not color-blind (I had fits with the security check).

Are forums in general becoming passé as people move to other medium?

Hi Ruslan and all. loljump.gif

I know, I feel like a newbie, I've been away so long. I've been a gp.com with Ruslan where I was a mod (as was Ruslan and he's a seriously nice guy) I meant to come back but things happened and, well, you know how it is.

Anyway, it's good to see some of the same old faces about the place. I hope you can forgive me for abandoning you. prayhands.gif

Greetings all. Our forum appears to have just been shut down (www.grandprix.com), so migrating over here. A few forum mates may follow.

Easy to register in this forum if you are not color-blind (I had fits with the security check).

Are forums in general becoming passé as people move to other medium?

Welcome.

Your last question is certainly one of merit. Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit stand out. Reddit is very large and very active, with the option to not only post in the F1 community, but to use the same account to post in other sub-Reddits of interest. Twitter's great component is the ability to "live-tweet" Grands Prix with other viewers, while also being connected to updates from insiders who enhance the race-viewing experience with information not picked up by TV. Sometimes, even "famous" racing personalities will interact directly with you. Facebook's appeal is that you can customize your groups, perhaps tailoring them for less noise, or doing the opposite and making public posts to get shared around to others.

There's also the fact many articles now have commenting interfaces, so people can react to the news right there, rather than on a forum.

The forum still has a dear place in my heart, though, even if most of my racing-related content now appears in tweets.

Hi Ruslan and all. loljump.gif

I know, I feel like a newbie, I've been away so long. I've been a gp.com with Ruslan where I was a mod (as was Ruslan and he's a seriously nice guy) I meant to come back but things happened and, well, you know how it is.

Anyway, it's good to see some of the same old faces about the place. I hope you can forgive me for abandoning you. prayhands.gif

Welcome back.

Yes, I had a business website with a forum and I noticed that it starting dying off around 2007 or so. The same appears to have been the case later with grandprix.com, although it was with a lot more drama. I gather that this forum is not as active as it once was.

I do have facebook, linkedin, twitter and a blog, mostly for business. I still prefer the community of a forum and have developed some real friends in the process.

Hi bye.gif , I was invited over here from grandprix by Angellica, although I notice I've signed up before years ago.

I run a competition between a few different forums based on an f1 prediction game. Players choose the top 10, pole and pole time for each race. Is your old PPP competition redundant? Would I be allowed to make a post inviting the gptoday forum to join my league? contract.gif

As a bonus you will get me as a forum member, and although I don't post that frequently, what I miss in quantity I like to think I make up for in quality, often with information that you won't find on the mainstream GMM F1 websites.

pob

P.S. I love the selection of smilies on here