Clicky

goferrarigo

The Offical Welcome Thread...

I wish!

Or a gardener out on F1 leave. Doah! That's not right........

I know it sounds odd but I happen to love watching F1 and I also enjoy pottering about in my garden between races that's all, I have another hobby I enjoy too but I'll spare you that one, I wouldn't want to put you all to sleep.

I keep on seeing lots of different plants I'd like to have, I just need a bigger garden now to put them all in!

Thanks for the welcome guys smile.png

Yes, I am a woman, at least I was last time I looked wink.png Quiet One I do sort of like Kimi but he's never been my favourite, I like Vettel more. Yes he has his faults, they all do but at least he's honest about why he's racing the way he is. I used to like Alonso but I can't support a driver I don't respect and after the whole Singapore crashgate episode I went right off him the day he stood and looked straight down the camera saying he had no idea what had happened when we all know he did.

Ah, a woman after my own heart!!!

And for that you get a lovely lovely, which in Brad's book mean...lovely stuff...or something like that

*hope my wife don't get to read this post

I appreciate that Brad, thanks :)

In case your wife sees this, she doesn't have to worry, I won't take it as anything other than the nice comment it was meant as I'm sure.

Given the way these things seem to go, less than welcome, I think we all need to say thanks for not leaving! :lol:

Given the way these things seem to go, less than welcome, I think we all need to say thanks for not leaving! laugh.png

I don't scare away easily ;)

Hey all, My name's Andy and I'm new to the forum.

Living in London, probably not for too much longer however.

Have been following F1 religiously since the 2000 season, Was always a Schumacher fan boy and now I'm a Vettel fan boy (and no, I'm not in the least bit German - Ironically, I'm actually half Polish)

Unfortunately, I now work most sundays so I don't get to watch too many of the races live, or volunteer as a marshal (have only found the time to do one race so far) :-(

Hey all, My name's Andy and I'm new to the forum.

Living in London, probably not for too much longer however.

Have been following F1 religiously since the 2000 season, Was always a Schumacher fan boy and now I'm a Vettel fan boy (and no, I'm not in the least bit German - Ironically, I'm actually half Polish)

Unfortunately, I now work most sundays so I don't get to watch too many of the races live, or volunteer as a marshal (have only found the time to do one race so far) :-(

YAY, another Vettel fan, what is going on these days???

Welcome Andy!

Lord only knows, it appears that to be popular in modern day Britain, you have to be either one of two things...

-A hip-hop gangster wannabe

or

-A playboy who lucked into a championship

Lord only knows, it appears that to be popular in modern day Britain, you have to be either one of two things...

-A hip-hop gangster wannabe

or

-A playboy who lucked into a championship

Oh, I don't know...I wouldn't call Kimi a playboy...

Welcome aboard btw!

Hello, my name is Mathew and I am 14 years old. I am a big Motorsport fan but also don't mind some hockey in between ;) The teams and drivers I support are Mercedes and Lotus/Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton. The teams and drivers I hate are RBR and Willams/Sebastian Vettel and Pastor Maldonado.

I joined up because it seems to me that topics can be discussed without rudeness, unlike most forums I have viewed or joined.

I am an ex Pom living in Brisbane. I have been fond of McLaren for a long, long time. As for drivers, Button, Raikkonen, Ricciardo (of course) and Rosberg appeal. I find it hard to warm to Vettel, despite his stellar performance on Top Gear. He seems quite humble, definitely humorous and engaging. I can only put it down to the finger.

Hamilton frustrates me, i wish he would just drive the car and drop the mind games and XIX. He has sublime talent but I cannot help but think he squanders it, at times.

I am watching the Ecclestone trial unfold with interest.

Like many, the sound of the current F1 cars disappoints me. I was at the Australian Grand Prix in March and was astounded when the cars first came out.

I am not keen on the rule tinkering and the ridiculous noses. I guess that puts me in the majority.

Anyway, g'day from sunny Queensland.

Welcome Andy, and I think most of your comments in that post are all current themes that most of us agree with!

Whereabouts in Pom-land did you originate?

An ex Pom? Is that even possible? I thought once a Pom, always a Pom.

Welcome to our dusty corner of the interweb, Andy.

Thanks everybody.

I was born and grew up in a tiny little village called Hodthorpe, near a slightly larger village called Whitwell. Hodthorpe is so small it has no pub. The nearest town is Worksop, Sheffield being about 12 miles away.

I doubt any Australians would let me get away with not being a Pom, but here is most certainly home. I did not go back for 19 years, then my son got interested and we went for two weeks. He loved London, was underwhelmed by the midlands, loved Edinburgh, could not believe the fog which lasted all day in the Lake District and loved Dublin.

The place which rocked his world was Blackpool. We were there for a flight over to Dublin and had a few hours to kill. He was simply stunned that such a place exists.

I used to love Falmouth, but we should never have gone back. It was looking so tired and washed up, everyone seemed so miserable, the weather (summer) was terrible, the harbour was full of filth, mainly plastic bottles and fast food wrappers.

There is no real downside to life in Australia, for me. I was fishing on the Great Barrier Reef last week, a great privilege. I never thought I would even see it and now it is an hour away by plane. the Australians around may disagree with me, but making a good living is a lot easier here although the cost of living is supposedly higher. You could have fooled me. It is hard to compare, really, you pay more for a house in Brisbane than Sheffield, but then you would, wouldn't you?

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the UK, Australia just suits me better, for all sorts of reasons. It probably boils down to my career and the weather.

I was in Falmouth in May this year and it didn't seem too bad. I agree about the miserable people though.

There is no real downside to life in Australia, for me.

Listening to the accent all day? eekout.gif

Only joking.

I love the thought of a non-Brit going to blackpool and thinking 'what the actual f*** is this place'!

It's the epitomy of tacky british seaside resort, and I love it

I think the Falmouth thing was about fond memories being a little rose tinted. Maybe also the contrast between it and things like the beaches over here, Sydney Harbour, the Reef.

As for the accent, I get revenge on them by treating them to my dulcet northern tones every day.

I used to like Blackpool when I was in my teens. What you said, namechanged, is exactly what Pat said. About fifty times. I just kept laughing at the expression on his face. He was nursing his first ever hangover, which probably did not help.