Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kay

Mcrae Helicopter Crash

:(

When something like this happens it puts everything into perspective, this is a sad day.

My deepest sympathies for his loved ones.

The Spanish media says his 5 year old son was in the accident, too, and didn't make it.

Motorsports are mourning, today. :(

My thoughts and sympathies are with the people and their family and friends who have been involved in the crash

My thoughts and sympathies are with the people and their family and friends who have been involved in the crash

I did read some confirmed reports! :(

its confirmed on Wikipedia also that his dead along with his son and Colin's school friend with his son.

The Second British Former Rally champion to die within 2 years.

BTW I mean Richard Burns.

Hope he has'nt died! Don't know anything about him but I know, most proper rally games are named after him! 1 of his games was in a PS2 demo disc when I gots mine! It was the only demo I could fully play without stopping after 1 match or race, well exhibition only which was fun! Hope he's still alive & running!

Terrible. I have never watched WRC, and no one in the US talks about WRC, no one in the US knows what WRC is...yet I still know of Colin McRae. Condolences to all related to those involved. Gosh that's just terrible. His 5-year-old son, too... :(

Hope he has'nt died! Don't know anything about him but I know, most proper rally games are named after him! 1 of his games was in a PS2 demo disc when I gots mine! It was the only demo I could fully play without stopping after 1 match or race, well exhibition only which was fun! Hope he's still alive & running!

It's been confirmed.

Terrible news. If there is a heaven, i hope they have rally cars. R.I.P.

its confirmed on Wikipedia also that his dead along with his son and Colin's school friend with his son.

The Second British Former Rally champion to die within 2 years.

BTW I mean Richard Burns.

:( true. Burns was considered as the silent hero!

Lucky Richards! :wacko:

http://totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=227363

GO TO EARLIER STORY GO TO THE NEWS INDEX

Richards unhurt in own helicopter crash

By Biranit Goren Sunday, September 16th 2007, 17:19 GMT

David RichardsProdrive boss David Richards and his wife Karen walked away unhurt from a helicopter crash near Stansted airport in England today.

Just 24 hours after Colin McRae was killed in a helicopter crash at his home estate in Scotland, Richards - for whom McRae was driving when he won the World Rally Championship in 1995 - escaped injury while crashing in a helicopter he too was piloting.

Richards and his wife were the only passengers on the helicopter, with the Prodrive chief piloting the aircraft and managing to bring it down to the ground, where it crashed on its side. They were both able to walk away from the wreckage, however.

"Something failed on the transmission system," Richards told autosport.com shortly after. "Because of what happened with Colin yesterday, we didn't want to stay at Spa, wanted to come back home early.

"We were nearing Stansted airport when we heard this bang at the back of the aircraft. I was talking to the control at Stansted at the time, so I immediately gave them a May Day call, and the rescue crew came within minutes.

"Then, everything failed but I managed to bring it down to the ground, and it fell on its side."

Reflecting on the eerie coincidence of his and his former driver's crashes, Richards added: "Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. It's very sad that Colin was not."

Wow. Just wow.

In 1993, two of my favorite NASCAR drivers, Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison, were killed in separate helicopter accidents, about 3 months apart. That was just horrible.

Richards and his wife are very lucky. I still can't believe this happened. :(

I was off enjoying a day away from things, yesterday ...

Finally getting to catch up...

:no::byebye::rip: