Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ykickamoocow

Creationists Go Round And Round

Recommended Posts

Also tell him this on my behalf, if he exists and I don't get the chance of a face to face interview: "I shall not serve"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also tell him this on my behalf, if he exists and I don't get the chance of a face to face interview: "I shall not serve"

Are you guys sending a representative to meet Him..... I'll watch from the distance, should be interesting :D:naughty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
No, it's not hot as in hot. We're living in the presence of God's grace, hell means the absense of God, which is worse in my mind that being burned with fire to eternity. plus eternity does'nt actually mean eternity in this regard, sinners will eventually disappear like dust....

and this is just to confuse you more :lol:

Yeah! You have confused me. And I had all my bbq stuff ready too :P

Hmm, I feel a slight change in sig is due to.............. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah! You have confused me. And I had all my bbq stuff ready too :P

if there's boerewors on the menu and it's not like i predict, I'll join you now and again... that meat is delicious :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God sounds incredibly dull. All these rules, and boring ones too. Come on, I mean.... not coveting your neighbour's property (eg wife)? Boring! Even the muslims give us 72 virgins. Not much for eternity, mind, but at least they make an effort up there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
God sounds incredibly dull. All these rules, and boring ones too. Come on, I mean.... not coveting your neighbour's property (eg wife)? Boring! Even the muslims give us 72 virgins. Not much for eternity, mind, but at least they make an effort up there...

Oh, I already signed for Vampirism. Has much better benefits:

- Immortality right from the start, no questions asked.

- All the virgins you can eat.

- Dental plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, I already signed for Vampirism. Has much better benefits:

- Immortality right from the start, no questions asked.

- All the virgins you can eat.

- Dental plan.

:roll::lol:

Total block sunscreen anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmm, 'what if'?

What if someone that doesn't believe in God (as in, the God I think you're referring to) comprehends, quite easily, the spiritual? Indeed, what if there are those that see the spiritual side of 'life' as their belief system (for want of better wording!) without subscribing to most common religious beliefs?

When someone can explain thought, feeling, emotion and all of the indicators that there's more to this life-business than we know, then we have an answer. But we don't, and are not likely to, and if they did, the history of science and religion shows that discoveries could easily be incomplete or wrong. So whilst scientists and religions argue the toss for who is right or wrong, we are left with one thing - and so maybe it's spirituality? Call it 'an inner guide' if you like, but man doesn't need religion, but he does need/have something (which is often provided by a religious belief) to provide direction, purpose (call it what you will). I believe many good people find this in on the inside.

There are many aspects of our lives that some will take the Mickey out of. That's their life, if they aren't taking the rip out of religion it'd be something else.... And, there are many religions that alude to the spiritual, so probably not such a big deal after all?

What if we do? I really want to think so, and I think one day this is possible, but probably when man (and women are allowed too :P ) understands the futility of trying to convert/persuade/cajole/whatever another to their own beliefs, when we understand that there isn't a single thing we can do to convince another that their religion is the 'right' one - and when that happens we stand a chance of getting on.

What if there's no 'above' or 'below'? What if there's only different 'events' (almost said 'time', but that doesn't fit) or 'levels' - but I don't mean 'levels' as though any are better than another, just for different reasons, different areas of progress for this 'spirit' we speak of? I need to finish this bit off..................!

And last of all, if your God does exist, and I'm wrong, please can you tell Him I tried to be good lad and I'm very sorry?

Peace ;)

Edit: Run out of time. Aahrrgh!!

If someone who doesn't believe in God get to undestand the spiritual world his idea of God will change instanlty so you won't find that combination, the spiritual world is real and once you understand that you know that God is real too and so you are not a nonbeliever anymore, but that is unlikly to happen, why i say this because I was an atheist and have reasons to believe there was no God now I believe in Him and still got the same questions but now i just don't care about thoses answers anymore I know that I don't need to understand something in order for that to be true or exist, I don't understand God but he is real and that is all I care about it, I don't really care how we got here, i don't how long the sun is going to be burning I have only one chance to live and I think I should do it the way God want me to live it and is not that I am scare about what could happen to me if I don't do it, is that now that I have a real relationship with him and I've seen the things he does for me and how he help me, I just want to be closer to him I know that all you need to change the way you think is feel his presence I know you have a lot of questions that you would like to ask him but believe that if you ever get to feel him near you, that's the last thing that will come to your mind, I can tell you that my fisrt time feel his real presence I got scared I didn't kow what it was going to happen next but now I long for something like that to happen again adn now that I now about that unknown phenomenom it has just never happened to me again, you can't tell me that my mind created that experience that i later found out to be very comom in church but now that I want it to happen again why it doesn't happen to me again, later I found out that this experience is what is called "The Holly Spirit baptizm" when I recieved it I wasn't a chrystian, I was not going to any church it just happen and since that day I am a child of God, he chose me maybe he will choose some of you too, since that day I can not say that God doesn't exist, he si real, he is out there somewhere I don't really care where, who he is, how is he like, thoses are things that are just irrelevant once you know there is real God, finally that's all we need to know, since that day I've seen his power, I've seen wonderfull healing in front of my eyes, since that day I've seen him working because since that day I have not been looking for a reason to not believe in him adn I've been in the right place at the right moment, not by any chance but because since that day i've been trying to get closer to him instead of getting away from him, he said this Get closer to me and I will get closer to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hhhmmmm I think a bribe willdo :lol:

you even used capital letters addressing Him, it might be tellling.... I think you've really been a good boy for....60+ years? Unfortunately being good does'nt mean anything, thats the crux of the matter, as Schuminikon mentioned the personal relationship thing...

and our meaning being spiritual means more in gloryfying-God-sorta-sense, sure everyone can be spiritual, because we come from Him. We are in fact more spiritual than physical, but which channel do we link to? There are the good and the bad, and one would think that you're on the right channel but could be way offtrack. But Jesus Christ is the door, the light, and if I'm certain of one thing, it's that.

I don't have all the answers, I try Med. I said it in the other thread we may try and respect each others beliefs, but the Bible is'nt so lenient in this regard. The Bible says, you're either for God or againts Him. It's a very strong statement, you can't serve God and Mannon. There is no middle ground, just us and our beliefs....

That's the way it is, no middle point you're in or out and Jesus is the only door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, I already signed for Vampirism. Has much better benefits:

- Immortality right from the start, no questions asked.

- All the virgins you can eat.

- Dental plan.

Ah but you can't eat garlic bread and can only go out at night.... :)

I'm getting more into the Flying Spaghetti Monster thing - from Wikipedia: The Pastafarian belief of heaven stresses that it contains beer volcanoes and a stripper factory. Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale, and the strippers have VD. :D

Also: global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s

Now it all makes sense :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, I already signed for Vampirism. Has much better benefits:

- Immortality right from the start, no questions asked.

- All the virgins you can eat.

- Dental plan.

:lmavfa:

That is a good deal. Vampires get a bad press. Personally I think it's just envy. Disgraceful.

Btw, you will know Christianity isn't the real deal as soon as you go for communion and they fob you off with imitation blood...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's funny because when I was with your other half and Mrs Drib the other day both said they weren't going to tell you about it :D

Yeah well that makes sense as my wife is now my ex-wife coz she was a lying cheating so and so.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Christianity:

the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in all humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree....

YEAH, THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank to Goferrarigo I have the prefect answer for this moment

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Dilbert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank to Goferrarigo I have the prefect answer for this moment

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Dilbert

Glad to see someone reads them...

Here is another good quote from the great Einstein himself:

I do not believe in freedom of will. Schopenhauer's words, "Man can indeed do what he wants, but he cannot want what he wants", accompany me in all life situations and console me in my dealings with people, even those that are really painful to me. This recognition of the unfreedom of the will protects me from taking myself and my fellow men too seriously as acting and judging individuals and losing good humour. - Albert Einstein in Mein Glaubensbekenntnis (August 1932)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If someone who doesn't believe in God get to undestand the spiritual world his idea of God will change instanlty so you won't find that combination, the spiritual world is real and once you understand that you know that God is real too and so you are not a nonbeliever anymore, but that is unlikly to happen, why i say this because I was an atheist and have reasons to believe there was no God now I believe in Him and still got the same questions but now i just don't care about thoses answers anymore I know that I don't need to understand something in order for that to be true or exist, I don't understand God but he is real and that is all I care about it, I don't really care how we got here, i don't how long the sun is going to be burning I have only one chance to live and I think I should do it the way God want me to live it and is not that I am scare about what could happen to me if I don't do it, is that now that I have a real relationship with him and I've seen the things he does for me and how he help me, I just want to be closer to him I know that all you need to change the way you think is feel his presence I know you have a lot of questions that you would like to ask him but believe that if you ever get to feel him near you, that's the last thing that will come to your mind, I can tell you that my fisrt time feel his real presence I got scared I didn't kow what it was going to happen next but now I long for something like that to happen again adn now that I now about that unknown phenomenom it has just never happened to me again, you can't tell me that my mind created that experience that i later found out to be very comom in church but now that I want it to happen again why it doesn't happen to me again, later I found out that this experience is what is called "The Holly Spirit baptizm" when I recieved it I wasn't a chrystian, I was not going to any church it just happen and since that day I am a child of God, he chose me maybe he will choose some of you too, since that day I can not say that God doesn't exist, he si real, he is out there somewhere I don't really care where, who he is, how is he like, thoses are things that are just irrelevant once you know there is real God, finally that's all we need to know, since that day I've seen his power, I've seen wonderfull healing in front of my eyes, since that day I've seen him working because since that day I have not been looking for a reason to not believe in him adn I've been in the right place at the right moment, not by any chance but because since that day i've been trying to get closer to him instead of getting away from him, he said this Get closer to me and I will get closer to you

Millions of people do feel this God connection you speak of. Would you agree that experiencing this connection can be made by following one of many spiritual paths, not just one specific religion?

I think a truly spiritual person would not only recognise this, but would also celebrate the large diversty of authentic spiritual paths on offer around the world. The more people experiencing their own spiritual bliss the better. Lets not be precious about the path one has to use, that's a personal matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank to Goferrarigo I have the prefect answer for this moment

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience - Dilbert

Sir, I challenge you to point out anything in my statement that is untrue about Christianity.

I hope you realize that I'm only poking a little fun and not trying to offend ;)

If you'll read my other posts, you'll see that I fully respect an individual's right to believe what he/she wants. Its just that when the religious sort all gang up and try to politicize thier beliefs and control my life that I get a smidge upset. Keep religion out of the science classroom is all I ask. You can send your kids to church to learn about their faith. Where am I supposed to send my son when he wants to learn about the physical world in which we live, without any spiritual implications?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Millions of people do feel this God connection you speak of. Would you agree that experiencing this connection can be made by following one of many spiritual paths, not just one specific religion?

I think a truly spiritual person would not only recognise this, but would also celebrate the large diversty of authentic spiritual paths on offer around the world. The more people experiencing their own spiritual bliss the better. Lets not be precious about the path one has to use, that's a personal matter.

Yup. Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Millions of people do feel this God connection you speak of. Would you agree that experiencing this connection can be made by following one of many spiritual paths, not just one specific religion?

I think a truly spiritual person would not only recognise this, but would also celebrate the large diversty of authentic spiritual paths on offer around the world. The more people experiencing their own spiritual bliss the better. Lets not be precious about the path one has to use, that's a personal matter.

Great post Jez, I wish I could use as few words to make a great point.

But the spirits tell me to write more :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Millions of people do feel this God connection you speak of. Would you agree that experiencing this connection can be made by following one of many spiritual paths, not just one specific religion?

I think a truly spiritual person would not only recognise this, but would also celebrate the large diversty of authentic spiritual paths on offer around the world. The more people experiencing their own spiritual bliss the better. Lets not be precious about the path one has to use, that's a personal matter.

That is basically what Hindu's believe and thus not fight or convert others... (for the general part)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Millions of people do feel this God connection you speak of. Would you agree that experiencing this connection can be made by following one of many spiritual paths, not just one specific religion?

I think a truly spiritual person would not only recognise this, but would also celebrate the large diversty of authentic spiritual paths on offer around the world. The more people experiencing their own spiritual bliss the better. Lets not be precious about the path one has to use, that's a personal matter.

I am not talking about just a feeling I am talking about a real contact with God, there are many things that you don't understand about this but I know exactly what you mean and what I am tlking about is different, I used to talk about that connection you're talking to in my atheist days, but this is completely different, if you want to know about it get closer to someone who has experience the baptizm of the Holly Spirit and ask him/her about it and you will see that is nothing like what your talking about, that's a experience that is different for everybody, some people like me recieve it before being a chrystian, there ar support for this in the bible, many other receive it when they are baptize in water and many other could be waiting for years I know people who has never recieve it at least not in a visible way, I know people who recieved it after seven year, why is that, because that happens to you when God says it is time for that.

I don't support any religion, religion means nothing to me, I know I got what I got from Jesus and that is what I preach, Jesus is real, he is alive and he is the only way, many religions will tell you this and that is what is important to me, I don't know if there is any other way to get to Jesus but salvation only comes from him, believe I would like things to be different but so far that's what I think and believe, I've seen this working so it's not just my imagination, I've seen people who were on drugs being clean from them in just a second and never used them again, I see life changing just by recieving Jesus.

I would like to celebrate that too but I think that's not the way, you can have what many people call a better spiritual life and still don't have that relationship with God that make you his child, wtihout that you are just getting a good life on earth but nothing else and that isnot enough to be really saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir, I challenge you to point out anything in my statement that is untrue about Christianity.

I hope you realize that I'm only poking a little fun and not trying to offend ;)

If you'll read my other posts, you'll see that I fully respect an individual's right to believe what he/she wants. Its just that when the religious sort all gang up and try to politicize thier beliefs and control my life that I get a smidge upset. Keep religion out of the science classroom is all I ask. You can send your kids to church to learn about their faith. Where am I supposed to send my son when he wants to learn about the physical world in which we live, without any spiritual implications?

Did you realize that I am the idiot in this case and that you will be defeated by my experience in that field?

Haven't you seen me mocking Alonso's fans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...