Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Interlagos - Driver Of The Day

hey! for one day i can be angry, cant i?

Wouldn't have it any other way. :P

sebi ^^ im so proud

Congrats Kati. I was seriously worried he'd ruin Lewis's championship. Something tells me I'd never have lived that down.

Glock for DOD

1386821hamilton-f1.gif

:naughty:

Well, considering Timo was the first to congratulate Lewis -when he was trying to engage the steering wheel...

DOD: Felipe!

Special mentions: Nando and Vettel

What was you doing at Brasil? award: Heikki

Wouldn't have it any other way. :P

Congrats Kati. I was seriously worried he'd ruin Lewis's championship. Something tells me I'd never have lived that down.

I dont care bout wdc. I just know seb was 2nd, then 3rd and finished ahead of your so-called world champion ^^

DOD = Felipe = Class act.

Would have loved to see the post race press conference but our telecast provided (Channel 10) thought that the news was more important :(

Check out ITV-f1.com

Great animation with hamilton and Glock. lol

And yeah, where the hell was Kovalainen?

Massa, for doing what he had to do and with style. Also for overcoming his worst weakness (rain). He seemed the best under the rain this time. He is also a gentleman (another thing he has improved a lot since he was an obnoxious arrogant kid not too long ago). Gentlemen might not win like "ruthless" (i.e., prone to cheat) drivers. But their triumphs are sweeter when they arrive.

Vettel, for fighting until the end. That Ferrari engine helped a lot, but the kid has talent, knows when to attack and when to play safe, etc. He still needs to show more than a lucky win, but if he does, then he will join my top drivers list along with Nando and Kubica (yes, he would replace Lewis as Vettel seems more complete than Hammy)

Nando, for keeping the car between two ferraris. Even with all the improvements, that car can't be any better than the BMWs (and is probably worse) were at the beginning of the season, yet he still delivers. His pass on Kova was a beauty.

Trulli, for the first stint.

Glock, for the thrills.

And Hamilton, for even if he was lucky to become a WDC in the last corner, it wasn't so much his fault as it was McLaren's. The guy played it cool as he should and worked hard. It's not his fault they decided to hamper him with an old engine, and a too conservative strategy that got him in an uncomfortable 4th place on the starting grid.

Other than that, I still hate his guts. His father makes me nauseous. They all sound as sincere as a used car salesman.

And Piquet for his coherence. No matter how strong the temptation to finish a race, he fought it and crashed whenever he could. DC, too, but at least he had a better f1 career to start with.

Mate! There was no luck involved in the race he won. He won that race fair and square.

Mate! There was no luck involved in the race he won. He won that race fair and square.

Luck payed its part, but yes, he did everything right to win that race. I didn't mean it that way. I mean that many drivers have won just one or two GPs. I am expecting more great displays from him to see how good he is.

No poll? Wow, you've thought this out :P

Vettel! And Alonso and Massa^^

my thoughts precisely - I don't want to actually have to write or read anything for god's sake.

...oh

alright then - Massa, Alonso & Vettel - oh and Hamilton for his superb move on Glock ;)

I was willing Glock to just brake test him, perhaps just smack into Lewis as he went past.

I really feel sorry for guys like you.... I can't imagine how you felt when it did'nt happen....

I was willing Glock to just brake test him, perhaps just smack into Lewis as he went past.

Glock was just about staying on track, certainly not even on the racing line, let alone trying to brake test Lewis :lol:

Looks on wikipedia as I always do when I don't see the race as race results are automatically done by computer bot things & saw that Massa dominated everything & gets my vote, wherever the voting box is!

Interlagos Driver Of The Day?

Whoever does not say Vettel is out of their mind.

Vettel beat Hamilton when the McLaren driver was fighting for the WDC. Has any of you stop to try to comprehend that? A Toro Rosso against a McLaren. Vettel against a (now) WDC. One more time. Vettel in a Toro Rosso beat Hamilton in a McLaren at a moment when, undisputably, Hamilton put evey iota of the skil he has into it... and this was not enough against Vettel in a much much inferior car.

Hands down, Vettel. P-E-R-I-O-D.

He didn't have a 'much much inferior car' in those conditions. In fact I would imagine the STR was probably better actually, given the respective setups And Hamilton didn't 'put every iota of skill' into it because he was being told to focus on Glock, who the team knew would be caught in time. All in all, about as convincing as usual Maure.

You are going to have to come to grips with the situation sooner or later.

Regarding the equality of Toro Rosso and McLaren, I mean, come on, Murray, _even_ you should know better. TR is 6th in the WCC with ~40 points while McLaren is 2nd with ~150 points. All in all, about as unconvincing as usual Murray.

Regarding the equality of Toro Rosso and McLaren, I mean, come on, Murray, _even_ you should know better. TR is 6th in the WCC with ~40 points while McLaren is 2nd with ~150 points. All in all, about as unconvincing as usual Murray.

:lol: The relative performance of the cars depends on many factors, and the STR was probably better suited to those conditions, given the respective setups, than the McLaren. Looking at the kind of 'reasoning' you seem to use above, I'm beginning to understand why your views of Kova (better than Lewis) and Alonso (not particularly talented) are as they are.

Damon Hill blitzed the field in an Arrows, I say again, an Arrows, in Hungary in 97 and would have won the race easily only for a car problem in the last couple of laps which allowed JV to get past him. Arrows finished 8th that year with 9 pts against Williams who amassed 121 pts. He beat MS in a Ferrari team that came 2nd in the WCC with 102 pts. What a driver that Demon Damon was :whistling:

Glock for DOD

1386821hamilton-f1.gif

That's good!

I really feel sorry for guys like you.... I can't imagine how you felt when it did'nt happen....

:lol:

He didn't have a 'much much inferior car' in those conditions. In fact I would imagine the STR was probably better actually, given the respective setups And Hamilton didn't 'put every iota of skill' into it because he was being told to focus on Glock, who the team knew would be caught in time. All in all, about as convincing as usual Maure.

True. Hamilton was racing Glock.

DOD = Felipe = Class act.

Would have loved to see the post race press conference but our telecast provided (Channel 10) thought that the news was more important :(

Yeah even my feed stopped working, though i am trying to find a video for it...

Glock for DOD

1386821hamilton-f1.gif

Hilarious mate, more coming from you :lol:

To be honest i just can't believe the crap i'm reading in the Spanish media about this. So let's think in two hipothetical situations:

a) Toyota is to blame, they ordered TG to slow down... Stupid, if they just wanted for whatever the reason Baby Jesus to win the title they just would have asked him to change tyres, wouldn't they?

B) Timo was advised by his race engineer Lewis was about to lose the WDC and (since Timo and Lewis are best friends) he decided to slow down. :huh: (no comment)

Well, what about he was on dry tyres and it was raining hard? That could make sense :whistling: I read he tried not to challenge Lewis (or Vettel) for possition and was not even in the racing line as if that were not normal... Well, that could be perfectly a little bit of common sense.

Man of the race... FM who else? (true the wonder boy and FA did great too but friends FM deserves it)

I still think LH is the best of the two but as driver i respect FM a lot more than i used to do at the begining of the season. I won't say Lewis is an undeserving champion (more when he could have even grabbed it last year) but for sure he's the less brilliant one i've seen in a while. (not a single engine failure and lots of mistakes, less than 100 points... true the FIA stole some points for him but if you think about the "luck" FM has had you reach to the conclussion that it was not exactly great.) I want to read the opinion of those d#ck heads who are now Hamilton supporters and in the past claimed FA was an undeserving champion when Kimi had engine failures (FA was by far tye one with more victories and got a massive advantage in points) or when MS's car broke in Japan (as if the engine failures and problems Fernando had that year did not count)