Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

So...anybody knows whether Marussia passed their final crash test or not? Been looking at recent news on TF1 site and couldnt find anything about it:

Recent F1 News

1h ago171 ViewsRaikkonen unveils special edition Lotus Evora at Geneva Motor Show

1h ago52 ViewsMarussia passes final FIA crash test

2h ago99 ViewsMarussia passes crash test

2h ago95 ViewsMarussia passes final FIA crash test

2h ago52 ViewsMarussia clear final crash test hurdle

2h ago61 ViewsMarussia MR01 passes final FIA crash test

2h ago58 ViewsNew Marussia passes final crash test

2h ago53 ViewsMarussia MR01 passes its final crash test

2h ago55 ViewsMarussia passes final crash test

4h ago83 ViewsMarussia pass final crash test

4h ago87 ViewsMarussia passes final crash test

5h ago132 ViewsMarussia MR01 gets green light

6h ago279 ViewsMarko admits Red Bull slightly ahead

6h ago1042 ViewsMarko: We’re slightly ahead, then McLaren and Mercedes

6h ago161 ViewsNarain Karthikeyan debuts HRT F112

lol, I noticed it too

Let's not forget Eric, The Moderator

post-1794-059740900 1331076577_thumb.jpg

:lol: Classic.

What's sad is that I probably agree with whatever opinion he is presenting.

I wonder if Marussia will hire some test driver or not.

Recent F1 News

1h ago108 ViewsMarussia signs Maria De Villota in test role

2h ago119 ViewsPirelli to use Renault R30 to test tyres

2h ago85 ViewsDe Villota handed Marussia role

2h ago136 ViewsPirelli to test with old Renault

3h ago116 ViewsMarussia recruit female test driver

4h ago168 ViewsMaria De Villota joins Marussia

4h ago111 ViewsMaria de Villota joins Marussia's test line-up

4h ago115 ViewsDe Villota joins Marussia as test driver

4h ago209 ViewsSpanish lady racer De Villota signed as Marussia test driver

4h ago109 ViewsMaría de Villota becomes Marussia test driver

5h ago90 ViewsDe Villota joins Marussia as test driver

5h ago189 ViewsWatson wants more innovation

5h ago187 ViewsSchumacher not expecting Melbourne victory

5h ago426 ViewsF1 victory for me in Aus unlikely, says Schumacher

6h ago180 ViewsPirelli secures Renault R30 as new test car

More Recent News

Renowned medical doctor Jaime Alguersuari opined on Kubica's injuries.

Always good to get the expert opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he's wrong; he probably isn't, I don't think many of us expected a return for him as nice as it would have been. But I just don't understand why Alguersuari feels the need to speculate on things he's heard about Kubica's ability to pick up a glass. I realize he's a "commentator" now; it's still just unprofessional to speculate on injuries, and even weirder given that he's a competitor. If Alguersuari had any standards in broadcasting, and were asked to talk about Kubica, he would have expressed generic doubts over his recovery and then wished him well and encouraged his efforts toward returning. I know we all want people to share insider information and give analysis, but he's not a doctor, he's going on things he's heard, and it's just sloppy to make those comments even if it is true and Kubica never returns.

Oh well, at least now Jaime's standing out, since he never did on the track.

I think it's fine what Jaime said. It was a frank assessment, and 100% better than the waffle that PR people put out.

I think it's fine what Jaime said. It was a frank assessment, and 100% better than the waffle that PR people put out.

My problem with it is that the first rule of sportscasting is that you don't speculate on injuries, ever, under any circumstances.

I'm all for saying something no one else is saying, and being controversial, but there's a line, and you can't just throw out "I heard he can't lift a glass." If he had said "Robert told me he can't lift a glass with his hand, so he has a long way to go and we can't set a timetable for his return, but blah blah blah fluffy nonsense about a comeback keep digging pal we miss you," that would have been fair game. You can't speculate on injuries, and you can't spread hearsay when it's about injuries, because those are the rules, and all my job applications ask if I like following rules and procedures, and as it happens I do, so there. :P

Let's go back to the ducts, it was more interesting than this. :lol:

Without an M-Duct in your face you can't drink, so there is no point in lifting a glass. Is that what you mean?

Renowned medical doctor Jaime Alguersuari opined on Kubica's injuries.

Always good to get the expert opinion. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying he's wrong; he probably isn't, I don't think many of us expected a return for him as nice as it would have been. But I just don't understand why Alguersuari feels the need to speculate on things he's heard about Kubica's ability to pick up a glass. I realize he's a "commentator" now; it's still just unprofessional to speculate on injuries, and even weirder given that he's a competitor. If Alguersuari had any standards in broadcasting, and were asked to talk about Kubica, he would have expressed generic doubts over his recovery and then wished him well and encouraged his efforts toward returning. I know we all want people to share insider information and give analysis, but he's not a doctor, he's going on things he's heard, and it's just sloppy to make those comments even if it is true and Kubica never returns.

Oh well, at least now Jaime's standing out, since he never did on the track.

My thoughts too. When I heard he was signed as a commentator I wasn't sure it was a great decision from the BBC's point of view, he was always came across as a bit excitable in his interviews and prone to exactly this kind of ill-judged comment. I'm sure he'll say some more interesting things during the season.

Last week's 'The Flying Lap' podcast by Peter Windsor was all about statistics. The graph extrapolates Clark and Senna's win, pole and FL rates, to get an idea of what they might have achieved had they lived and started as many GP's as Schumacher.

tfl-slide-121.jpg

Original: http://peterwindsor....2/tfl-slide-12/

Save the usual criticisms, it's just a bit of fun. But my word, how I would have loved to have seen Jim Clark drive! Another graph showed what different great drivers had achieved at Vettel's age. Quite funny as none of them had any poles, wins or fastest laps while Vettel already has a stack of them. Again, save 'em :P

What's more interesting than what Bradman?

I like how that graph got resized to 98% (seems almost as pointless as the graph itself. Yeah that's right only I can criticise it).

In other news, Adam Parr has left Williams. I never really liked him for some reason so at least that's something.

Last week's 'The Flying Lap' podcast by Peter Windsor was all about statistics. The graph extrapolates Clark and Senna's win, pole and FL rates, to get an idea of what they might have achieved had they lived and started as many GP's as Schumacher.

tfl-slide-121.jpg

Original: http://peterwindsor....2/tfl-slide-12/

Save the usual criticisms, it's just a bit of fun. But my word, how I would have loved to have seen Jim Clark drive! Another graph showed what different great drivers had achieved at Vettel's age. Quite funny as none of them had any poles, wins or fastest laps while Vettel already has a stack of them. Again, save 'em :P

That is bar-graphed bollocks! They do not consider that the cars belong to different eras, that the comparative performance of other teams/drivers were, etc., etc.,

(I know, it's quite a stupid criticism to an obvious gedanken experiment...I just wanted to be stupid before anyone else :D)

What's more interesting than what Bradman?

I like how that graph got resized to 98% (seems almost as pointless as the graph itself. Yeah that's right only I can criticise it).

In other news, Adam Parr has left Williams. I never really liked him for some reason so at least that's something.

Sh#t sorry, forgot to link...

http://peterwindsor.com/2012/03/23/notes-on-kimis-driving-2012/

of course it has to do with a certain driver :naughty:

That is bar-graphed bollocks! They do not consider that the cars belong to different eras, that the comparative performance of other teams/drivers were, etc., etc.,

(I know, it's quite a stupid criticism to an obvious gedanken experiment...I just wanted to be stupid before anyone else :D)

of course it has nothing to do with Alonso... :P