Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

Shouldnt there be some overalls over his coin purse ? :D

Ironic how having a lot of bravery to go fast and a large coin purse goes hand in hand...

Equally disturbing as that pictures is this:

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99268

WHY Sauber? WHY?! I've enjoyed seeing this little team do well this year, and I really like the Perez/Kobayashi line-up. Now they sign a deal with a freaking football team!

Formula One and football should never ever be linked. One if the pinnacle of racing, mixing in technology and science and stuff and the other is a load of overpaid drama queens who can't keep their gentleman's sausage in their trousers long enough to be faithful kicking an inflated sheep's pancreas around watched by a bunch of smelly, mostly drunk, thickos....or pretty much.

I don't want to hear about a stupid football team when I'm watching Formula One. I don't want to hear about a stupid football team even when I'm NOT watching Formula One. This should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever happen again it is such a terrible idea.

Oh well. I'll still support Perez and Kobayashi. It'll just hurt when they show a shot of the Sauber with a football team logo on it.

Okay, rant over. That went well.

You know, I don't really like those young kids with their Ken Block/Travis Pastrana stuff. I don't want to see long-haired teenagers with baggy pants and chunky sneakers at the F1 track, and letting Red Bull and Monster sponsor teams just invites them to attend. We shouldn't be associated with that image, not at all, it encourages our youth to misbehave and be bad drivers and make their cars look tacky and stupid all while drinking liquid blood clots from some 8.3 oz can. Get rid of oil companies, too, I don't really like the gas station attendant in town and I don't want him to think he can go to F1 races since Shell is on a car, and Santander, well, Santander, that's just atrocious, we don't need bankers to go to F1 races, or people who use banks, screw infrastructure, we have wood to burn, and my mattress is a perfectly good place for my money until we get back to the gold standard. Oh, and cell phone companies, you know Vodafone, that's Verizon here, and the workers are in a union, and I don't want to see anyone in a union of all things when I go to the track! I sure hope the EU bans advertising in general, you know, these advertisements are just bad, they promote people making money so other people can make money and we can all make money and live our lives and I don't like that, not at all. :P

Someone saw value in giving money to an F1 team? Yeah, pack it up. The sport's done for. This is what I feared would happen when they went to Bahrain! ;)

....Erm...you know that post wasn't even close to being serious on my part?

I guess sarcasm is hard to gauge on the internet sometimes. I'll stick to making boring posts next time...

I was under the impression your post was as serious as mine was.

You be JHS18 and I'll be Volatilis. It'll be fun.

It looks like a lot of the teams/engineers considered the Mugello test a waste of time, because its so different to most of the tracks on the calendar. Although curiously that never seemed to stop Ferrari pounding round it in the days of unlimited testing.

Anyway, I was interested to hear of Vettel taking the time to watch the cars from the side of the track. The boy never ceases to impress with his dedication to it all (maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine many others bothering to do that. Alonso, perhaps...).

tumblr_m3e94mp8bq1qic6x8o2_500.jpg

It looks like a lot of the teams/engineers considered the Mugello test a waste of time, because its so different to most of the tracks on the calendar. Although curiously that never seemed to stop Ferrari pounding round it in the days of unlimited testing.

Anyway, I was interested to hear of Vettel taking the time to watch the cars from the side of the track. The boy never ceases to impress with his dedication to it all (maybe I'm wrong, but I can't imagine many others bothering to do that. Alonso, perhaps...).

tumblr_m3e94mp8bq1qic6x8o2_500.jpg

The only one who came close was Sennasmile.png

http://www1.skysport.../12433/7737692/

Eric Boullier said the teams should have the young driver test in November in Abu Dhabi instead of at Silverstone in July, because young drivers can't focus on a test in the middle of their own campaigns. What a stupid opinion. Drivers used to flick not simply from competing in one series to testing in another one, but from competing in one series to another. I think I found the real reason behind his comments though, he said "..you can organise this test in a hot, nice place, with nice variety. So I was actually a bit cross with the decision to bring it earlier to Silverstone". Basically, he doesn't like the British weather tongue.png

Today in F1: Jaime Alguersuari is creepier than I remember him being, thinks he's above DTM, wasn't as grateful for his gainful employment as he should have been, and is optimistic for 2013.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/278740/alguersuari-2013-comeback-100-percent-sure/

Of those four things, the first and the last are, at least, true and not taken out of context or exaggerated at all. Maybe the middle parts were. :P

Saw that in the news today...kind of like "shoot for the stars", "anything is possible", "dream it, and you can do it", "build it, and they will come"....oh, wait...you f'ed up....you're fired!!...we didn't want to be world famous, or reputable, or have a racing pedigree, or.....

Sebastian Vettel will be David Letterman's guest on Monday. He will also be driving his Red Bull around the New Jersey street circuit layout. I wonder if these things are related. Weird seeing promotion for F1-related stuff in the U.S. Last time that happened? To coincide with the 2000 USGP, they had small F1 cars in McDonald's Happy Meals. You had to put the stickers on. I had never seen F1 before. I had a Heinz-Harald Frentzen Jordan with the sidepod side and top stickers reversed...

I had a Heinz-Harald Frentzen Jordan with the sidepod side and top stickers reversed...

For a moment I think you´ll say "I had a Heinz... ketchup!!!!!!"

Sebastian Vettel will be David Letterman's guest on Monday. He will also be driving his Red Bull around the New Jersey street circuit layout. I wonder if these things are related. Weird seeing promotion for F1-related stuff in the U.S. Last time that happened? To coincide with the 2000 USGP, they had small F1 cars in McDonald's Happy Meals. You had to put the stickers on. I had never seen F1 before. I had a Heinz-Harald Frentzen Jordan with the sidepod side and top stickers reversed...

Extremely weird, since F1 is not popular at all in the States, where, as in Canada, they prefer NASCAR and truck racing by far.

I lied: Vettel's driving an Infiniti road car. Lame lame lame lame. Lame.

F1 gets about 600,000 viewers on SPEED and 1,200,000 on FOX in the U.S. NASCAR's closer to 7,000,000 on FOX and 6,000,000 on TNT/ESPN/ABC. I am willing to guess F1 has more attractive demographics (physically attractive, too, I've been to a NASCAR race, hell, I've been to eight of those and a few hundred stock car and USAC and supermodified races and all that on the lower level and let's just say you never look away from the cars...) in the U.S., though. There was a time in the mid-90s where it almost worked out dead even with NASCAR and CART, where NASCAR had twice the viewers but CART viewers had twice the income.

Clearly the Happy Meal experiment worked, though, because six years later I was watching my first Grand Prix. David Letterman repeating everything Vettel says and Vettel driving a road car in traffic around an unfinished circuit that encompasses the site of the Burr-Hamilton duel and West New York Sewerage Treatment probably won't even get one. :P

Kimi's apparently into solar panels... From the BBC live feed for the FP1 in Valencia:

Kimi Raikkonen, meanwhile, had work to do. I'm told that the 2007 world champion, who is known to detest sponsor engagements, rocked up two hours early to a solar energy tradeshow in Munich just so he would have time to talk solar panels with the techies before getting on with his sponsor commitments. Shocked? I certainly am. It turns out he has an interest in the renewable energy so maybe we'll see him putting a set of panels on his Swiss pad.

Schumi's objection to the scrapping of tyre warmers is well-founded. My main concern with that sort of spectacle boost would be safety - plain and simple.

Meh....plenty of race series in the world don't have tyre warmers...and they all manage. Tea cup. In. Storm.