Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

That is bar-graphed bollocks! They do not consider that the cars belong to different eras, that the comparative performance of other teams/drivers were, etc., etc.,

(I know, it's quite a stupid criticism to an obvious gedanken experiment...I just wanted to be stupid before anyone else :D)

It's okay, I'm glad it came from you, baldy :P But yeah, I like it purely as a thought experiment. I don't suppose it's possible to show the problem with statistics by using made-up statistics, but that's also kind of how I see it too.

Sh#t sorry, forgot to link...

http://peterwindsor....s-driving-2012/

of course it has to do with a certain driver :naughty:

Ah yeah, I read that, great stuff. Windsor's articles on driving styles and his old motor-racing stories are the best thing about that blog.

Speaking of Schumacher...he's mentoring my guy Robert Wickens as part of the Mercedes-Benz Junior Team...but I don't think it's the driving that needs help.

cTsiP.png

a3s7S.jpg

And a big bird (Big Bird's in my avatar, isn't he?) to R** B***. Dropped Wickens three years ago and their damn stupid contract mandates R** B*** branding on the helmet for three years after they drop a driver. Their **** drink is related to blood clots and everything like that and they're terrible and awful because it isn't like Wickens agreed to that contract or anything.

Anyway, glad Mercedes picked him up, Roberto Merhi, too, and some other guy. Wickens was sixth in the test, second fastest Mercedes, quicker than the other juniors. Would be the second Canadian in F1, after Al Pease (Villeneuve and Villeneuve are Québécois, so they don't count. Canadiens, maybe, but not Canadians, that's an insult in that province).

Speaking of Schumacher...he's mentoring my guy Robert Wickens as part of the Mercedes-Benz Junior Team...but I don't think it's the driving that needs help.

And a big bird (Big Bird's in my avatar, isn't he?) to R** B***. Dropped Wickens three years ago and their damn stupid contract mandates R** B*** branding on the helmet for three years after they drop a driver. Their **** drink is related to blood clots and everything like that and they're terrible and awful because it isn't like Wickens agreed to that contract or anything.

Anyway, glad Mercedes picked him up, Roberto Merhi, too, and some other guy. Wickens was sixth in the test, second fastest Mercedes, quicker than the other juniors. Would be the second Canadian in F1, after Al Pease (Villeneuve and Villeneuve are Québécois, so they don't count. Canadiens, maybe, but not Canadians, that's an insult in that province).

R*** B*** means Rubens Barrichello, right? Oh, no...wait... Rory Byrne? :unsure: Richard Branson? :blink:

Ahhhh!!! Roberto Bolaños!!!!

post-1794-011688500 1333582460_thumb.jpg

R*** B*** means Rubens Barrichello, right? Oh, no...wait... Rory Byrne? :unsure: Richard Branson? :blink:

Ahhhh!!! Roberto Bolaños!!!!

post-1794-011688500 1333582460_thumb.jpg

El Chapulín Colorado!!!

He's my hero. I mean RB.

Qué tiempos viendo El Chavo del Ocho y riéndonos de los mismos gags una y otra vez... :lol:

I wondered, on the subject of censoring out sponsor names, if tobacco companies could use QR codes to get around the laws. I don't know the laws well enough and I don't even know how QR codes work. Maybe it has to be explicit what the QR code is associated for to prevent malicious things and that's why they can't do it because they'd have to put their brand next to it. But I've seen QR codes on racing cars and maybe it wouldn't be the same big bucks as the old days but it would probably get them the young audience they want. You could send QR code-clad representatives in the paddock and fan areas and all that.

You could send QR code-clad representatives in the paddock and fan areas and all that.

That'd never work. It'd need F1 to actually ALLOW fans into the paddock to start with. :P j/k

:lol: Fine. Put them in the stands. Whatever. :P

Auto racing's a weird sport, though. How many fans do you see in the locker rooms or in the dugouts or on the sidelines or between the benches at various sporting events? F1's level of access is not much different from any other sport's, other than the one with it's own brand of meat snacks and the ones that get as many TV viewers worldwide as the British Grand Prix gets in person over three days.

First I showed you the comparison of Wickens and his mentor Schumacher in their similar poses for Mercedes promotional material...now we have the mustaches...

12733.2.jpg

This kid's going to be a 7-time champion.

I can only imagine there isn't a single image of Michael Schumacher on the Internet that you haven't found. :P

I can only imagine there isn't a single image of Michael Schumacher on the Internet that you haven't found. :P

Maybe. Although I don't think he has this one.

nakedschu.jpg

Did you photoshop the hair?

No, just the helmet.

Yuck Steve What have you done!!!

Now I'll never be able to look at Schumie the way I did before

Go with it, my dearest Bradley. It's all good. Be open minded and let the thoughts in.