Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Today In F1

It was vaguely amusing that there was a crazy rumour going around on twitter saying that Senna had tested with a broken arm. It was in fact about some Japanese karter with the surname "Sena."

Twitter ladies and gentlemen...

A Japanese Carter (obviously related to Jimmy) is in Surinam making tests with broken arms??? I have to put this on my twitter ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't see Messi in the Super Bowl. Must not be that good at football, eh?

You know in all this Google searching to see if Vettel broke his leg, I found a quote from Bruno Senna at last year's Lotus-Renault launch. Kid said he was happy to be third driver because if one of the big boys "breaks his leg or gets poisoned" he'll be the guy. 1) That's pretty morbid, why do we think Bruno's such a nice guy again? and 2) soon after Kubica did break his leg and Senna wasn't the guy.

What's the point of being 3rd driver these days with no testing allowed.

Poisoning or breaking legs is their only chance of driving. :eusa_think:

It was vaguely amusing that there was a crazy rumour going around on twitter saying that Senna had tested with a broken arm. It was in fact about some Japanese karter with the surname "Sena."

Twitter ladies and gentlemen...

Ayrton Senna is on the Japanese Twitter? #confused

Edit: Don't you just hate it when people use a Twitter hashtag when they aren't on Twitter.

Ayrton Senna is on the Japanese Twitter? #confused

Edit: Don't you just hate it when people use a Twitter hashtag when they aren't on Twitter.

#yesido

Could've been worse, they could have hired JJ Lehto to help them from prison :P

Or asked Abu Hamza to teach them hand puppetry.

They've got enough hand puppetry going on as the car is a dog to drive and has to be adjusting with hectic steering inputs...

They tried to, but he kept letting the pen fall every time they tried to sign him.

Could've been worse, they could have hired JJ Lehto to help them from prison :P

Mika was an extremely underrated driver but hardly an engineer. Is Luca lining up a new TP? I doubt it but nowts as queer as folk. One thing the Scuderia has lacked over the last decade is an experienced development driver. No doubt about it.

Does Mika Salo have extensive experience with pull-rod suspensions or anything like that? Just seems bizarre.

It seems like they have just hired him for a show drive due to his popularity in Japan, he will be driving in a Ferrari event in Suzuka during the Melbourne weekend with a couple of years old Ferrari F1.

Does Mika Salo have extensive experience with pull-rod suspensions or anything like that? Just seems bizarre.

Who really knows apart from LdM? 2007-10 he was driving a GT2 Class F430 in the Le Mans series and won the class twice. Before that and since his last F1 race for Toyota in 2002, he has been involved in the development of the Maserati MC12 and raced it, commentated for MTV and still does and last year joined the inaugural i1 Series as an International Class driver. In the last two years, he's also had a handful of races in V8 Supercars and advises his godson who races in Formula Renault. He was bloody fast in anything you put him in and gave up a certain F1 win in 1999 in favour of Eddie Irvine and finished 3rd in his penultimate outing of that six race stint at the Scuderia when Schumi broke a leg. Does he have extensive experience of the modern F1 car? Of course not but does he learn fast and bring a shed load of nous to the table? Hell, yes would be my answer.

:eusa_think: Did Ferrari have a pull-rod system in 2000 when he was racing for the team? Maybe he's brought in for his expertise on that too...

:eusa_think: Did Ferrari have a pull-rod system in 2000 when he was racing for the team? Maybe he's brought in for his expertise on that too...

Ace comment. I think the answer is they did. I also believe they may be looking for a dynamo in the backfield. Someone who can motivate the guys who make the thing go. I like Mika. His energy is infectious - unusual for a Finn. Domenicali is about as charismatic as a geography teacher and Pat Fry isn't much better.

So, the great Helmut Marko announced that Red Bull are in fact, ahead. I dislike the man intensely. Smug, discourteous and super-arrogant. I shouldn't thing Horner will be pleased with that remark to the press either. I am sure he would much rather RBR's rivals thought them to be on the back foot heading out to Melbourne. Personally, I believe they are.

So, the great Helmut Marko announced that Red Bull are in fact, ahead. I dislike the man intensely. Smug, discourteous and super-arrogant. I shouldn't thing Horner will be pleased with that remark to the press either. I am sure he would much rather RBR's rivals thought them to be on the back foot heading out to Melbourne. Personally, I believe they are.

One thing that was remarkable in this year's testing compared to past ones is that usually testing times and on track performance were the teams's strongest statement meanwhile personnel and drivers commenst were a mix of secondary PR and mind games,, everybody's comments amounting to a mere "let's wait and see". This year it seems like the other way around. Times seemed more meaningless than usual (midfield teams making the fastest times, top teams playing second fiddle and backmarkers acting like backmarkers...same old song...) but drivers and team personnel were highly emphatic in their arrogance or defeatism (at least at the front).

Looks like a poker table played by the worst amateurs ever and because of that quite interesting as it is so difficult to tell who are badly bluffing and who are inept enough to show their hand so openly.

Helmut Marko is in my category of "most annoying people in F1 that I'd quite like to see get smacked in the head with a brick." It also includes Bernie Ecclestone, Adam Parr and Colin Kolles. Probably lots of others will get added to this category through this season too.

Ace comment. I think the answer is they did. I also believe they may be looking for a dynamo in the backfield. Someone who can motivate the guys who make the thing go. I like Mika. His energy is infectious - unusual for a Finn. Domenicali is about as charismatic as a geography teacher and Pat Fry isn't much better.

Hey, I had a charismatic Geography teacher. She had two particularly charismatic parts on her body, I mean :whistling:

So...anybody knows whether Marussia passed their final crash test or not? Been looking at recent news on TF1 site and couldnt find anything about it:

Recent F1 News

1h ago171 ViewsRaikkonen unveils special edition Lotus Evora at Geneva Motor Show

1h ago52 ViewsMarussia passes final FIA crash test

2h ago99 ViewsMarussia passes crash test

2h ago95 ViewsMarussia passes final FIA crash test

2h ago52 ViewsMarussia clear final crash test hurdle

2h ago61 ViewsMarussia MR01 passes final FIA crash test

2h ago58 ViewsNew Marussia passes final crash test

2h ago53 ViewsMarussia MR01 passes its final crash test

2h ago55 ViewsMarussia passes final crash test

4h ago83 ViewsMarussia pass final crash test

4h ago87 ViewsMarussia passes final crash test

5h ago132 ViewsMarussia MR01 gets green light

6h ago279 ViewsMarko admits Red Bull slightly ahead

6h ago1042 ViewsMarko: We’re slightly ahead, then McLaren and Mercedes

6h ago161 ViewsNarain Karthikeyan debuts HRT F112

Helmut Marko is in my category of "most annoying people in F1 that I'd quite like to see get smacked in the head with a brick." It also includes Bernie Ecclestone, Adam Parr and Colin Kolles. Probably lots of others will get added to this category through this season too.

Eric Lux and Eric Boullion as well.