Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jenson_Rules

The Film Thread

They're both slow burners, though I've not read The Green Mile, just seen the film. I've gone off Mr. King though - he seems to be recycling his books and passing them off as new. Much prefer Clive Barker on that score.

Green Mile doesn't hold a candle to Shawshank.

Suuuuuure it was the VW's bonnet ;)

Agreed, and my thoughts exactly about the VW....

They're both slow burners, though I've not read The Green Mile, just seen the film. I've gone off Mr. King though - he seems to be recycling his books and passing them off as new. Much prefer Clive Barker on that score.

hadnt read Steven King in ages but as there is a limited choice of English books here i re-read The Stand again - takes a long time but it really is a good book - was on a bit of a roll then so also re-read Desperation, not bad either and just started Dreamcatcher which is a bit odd - the Shawshank is actually called the Rita Haworth story

I swear it was the VW :blush::blush:

Green Mile doesn't hold a candle to Shawshank.

Agreed.

Barker is fantastic. Ever read a short story of his called The Yattering and Jack? Very amusing. (I've got a signed copy of Weaveworld on my shelves...he's a nice guy to meet)

hadnt read Steven King in ages but as there is a limited choice of English books here i re-read The Stand again - takes a long time but it really is a good book - was on a bit of a roll then so also re-read Desperation, not bad either and just started Dreamcatcher which is a bit odd - the Shawshank is actually called the Rita Haworth story

I swear it was the VW :blush::blush:

Stephen King has some real gems; Eyes of the Dragon and IT being the best of them. The Stand is also very good, but the quinessential King is IT.

Some of my favorite films in no particular order:

All of Fellini movies, all of Woody Allen movies (well, almost), all of Monty Python movies, A Plain Story by David Lynch, High Fidelity (the one with John Cusack), Citizen Kane, The Party (with Peter Sellers, sorry my Indian fellows but its too funny!), the one about John Malcovich, Something About Mary, Zoolander, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The treasure of Sierra Madre, Dr.Strangelove, Mr.Ripley, A clockwork orange, Blow Up, Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Vendetta...gee, bad idea...too many of them.

watch syriana , if you want my advice. crash was good but quite heavy.

I will watch Syriana then. Must be the first film I've seen in at least 3 weeks if not 4. :eusa_think:

I will watch Syriana then. Must be the first film I've seen in at least 3 weeks if not 4. :eusa_think:

Good you took my advice, I don't use it anyways. -_-

Syriana is very good, so is Crash but like goferrarigo said, it is very heavy and one of those films you need to pay attention too! Personally though I do prefer Sandra Bullock in her more amusing films, such as Miss Congeniality!

Does anyone here like any really Sh#t films, things like Mean Girls and John Tucker Must Die! So funny yet so wrong lol!

I watched Angel Heart again a few weeks ago - 1st time i saw it i was about 14 & didnt understand it but now finally i get it - brilliant film!!!!!

Agreed.

Barker is fantastic. Ever read a short story of his called The Yattering and Jack? Very amusing. (I've got a signed copy of Weaveworld on my shelves...he's a nice guy to meet)

Stephen King has some real gems; Eyes of the Dragon and IT being the best of them. The Stand is also very good, but the quinessential King is IT.

The Yattering and Jack is hilarious! I have all his books, although I had to read The Great and Secret Show twice just to get my head round it.

Irish, Angel Heart is a bona fide classic.

The Yattering and Jack is hilarious! I have all his books, although I had to read The Great and Secret Show twice just to get my head round it.

Irish, Angel Heart is a bona fide classic.

I haven't read The Great and Secret Show yet, but Barker has thrice the amount of brainpower I have, so I imagine I'll have to read it three times....

I took Mrs dribbler to watch Jim Carrey's new film 'The Number 23' on friday night. It's worth a watch. The plot is interesting if a little implausible at the end and it's refreshing to see Carrey in a straight role, which he carrey's (geddit?) off very well. Not only that, we were on the back row and Mrs drib had to get close to me when things got scary; always nice.

I took Mrs dribbler to watch Jim Carrey's new film 'The Number 23' on friday night. It's worth a watch. The plot is interesting if a little implausible at the end and it's refreshing to see Carrey in a straight role, which he carrey's (geddit?) off very well. Not only that, we were on the back row and Mrs drib had to get close to me when things got scary; always nice.

Carrey did a great job in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, too.

Carrey did a great job in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind, too.

Not seen it. A serious role too?

When he's acting, instead of gurning, he's not at all bad. I still think the Truman Show is his peak so far, though.

While I'll watch some serious fare I'd much rather watch an independant film or a 'B' movie, something with t@a and funny lines.

I'm deep into my Misty Mundae collection right now :naughty:

I watched "The Prestige" yesterday. It's an outstanding movie about two magicians at odds with each other. Superb direction & superb acting.. I could guess only a part of the movie's end. If you watch the movie,you'll find that the black cat shown in one scene is perhaps a metaphor(Murray Walker's favourite word) in two ways.

It's a must see movie!

I saw Grand Prix on Saturday, which was quite good. (i am sure most people have seen it here), next up i plan on seeing syrianna or days of thunder.(which one?)

I saw Grand Prix on Saturday, which was quite good. (i am sure most people have seen it here), next up i plan on seeing syrianna or days of thunder.(which one?)

"Days of Thunder", it's crap but good at the same time if you get what I'm saying. (I'm sure you do :blink: ) And a plus is that Nicole Kidman (Dr. Claire Lewicki) is in "Days of Thunder" :wub:

"Days of Thunder", it's crap but good at the same time if you get what I'm saying. (I'm sure you do :blink: ) And a plus is that Nicole Kidman (Dr. Claire Lewicki) is in "Days of Thunder" :wub:

:clap3:

Very good description of days of thunder!! There's some decent camera work and sound effects in it - maybe that's why I like it! :lol:

GO HIGH, GO HIGH!!!!!!

Ha, great film. I know exactly what you mean, trashy but really fun. The cop stripper scene is funny and Robert Duvall is a master.

I saw "The Illusionist" . It's a fantastic movie about how a magician ....well you see the movie to find out what he does.

Also saw "Ghost Rider". Fun movie with plenty of nice special effects. Should have had more action. Eva Mendes is va-va-voom.

as a big Michael Jackson fan I watched 'Moonwalker' the other day. It is by far the worst film I have ever seen. It is beyond abysmal, its like its deliberately bad. The dancing and the music are great (of course) but the story is barely even a story, its just atrocious, I was shocked, I still am. You couldnt make a crapper 'film', its not even really a film