Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DOF_power

Ferrari Threatens To Leave Formula 1

Ferrari threatens to leave Formula 1

Ferrari has confirmed that it will not enter next year's world championship unless plans for a voluntary

Formula 1 without Ferrari is like Liverpool without Scousers ... it's unthinkable!

Remember, Enzo only entered F1 as a means of financing his, preferred, sportscar operations. That's where their heart is, traditionally.

If I were LdM I would come to Max Mosley with a proposal to get rid of Bernie. FIA would insist on new rules, 7 teams would leave. FIA would determine that there is not enough viable candidate teams to keep the season so F1 would be abolished. In the same time breakawy group would come back to FIA with proposal for alternative series called Formula I with 2009 rules. Teams previously allowed in 2010 Formula 1 would have oportunity to register for new series. Only loser would be Bernie. FIA would get more money, circuits would need to pay less, teams would get more. Commercial management company would get much less than Bernie and would still be happy with it....

It is all win except Bernie.

On the other hand if they go against both FIA and CVC they will win in terms of FIA and CVC withdrawing but would have same stupid battle every year with increasing difficulty of getting money from Bernie. He is under pressure from circuits to charge them less and from teams to give them more. He is using money as leverage to force his ideas/rules on teams. Bernie is going to find any technicality possible to avoid paying money to teams. So any payment might become legal battle.

Amusing, no, that Max is the very man who wanted the manufacturers in the first place, for the continued survival of the series.

Good Job, I would rather see Ferrari not race than see them race somewhere where the level of competition is not its highest.

Even though this year they are at the back the competition between the teams is still the best out there. Next year it would not be so and I am very much behind Ferrari's move

I wonder how big a check Ecclestone will be now writing up to buy off Ferrari... again.

I'm just compiling a list of teams that do want to enter the 2010 season.

So far, I've got.

Hey, wait a minute, did you just make a funny? Are you feeling alright? :P

Nope still don't get it.

I fail to see how F1 would fold without Ferrari. It would continue.

Its the very reasoning that F1 depends on it that keeps FIA writing cheques whereas the reality is that they could leave and whilst a few fans would get upset/leave, the series would carry on, get new fans, etc.

Like I said before, I remember the years and years when Ferrari were also-rans when they fell off the track with a regularity and when they c#cked up strategies left, right and centre. If you had said to F1 fans then that F1 would collapse without Ferrari they would have laughed at you.

Schui/Brawn/Byrne built them up, but they are now on the wain and the marketing glitz is falling short on delivery. The reality is that if Ferrari's form continues, they will lose fans anyway.

I speak as an ex-die hard fan of Ferraris from the 70s and 80s who was impressed by Schui but lost interest a few years ago and now sees them as an embarassing excuse of a team that has got more mouth than trousers.

This is one of those things that I don't have an opinion on, don't care to have an opinion on, and don't care about anyone else's opinion on. Just thought I'd share.

Nope still don't get it.

I fail to see how F1 would fold without Ferrari. It would continue.

Its the very reasoning that F1 depends on it that keeps FIA writing cheques whereas the reality is that they could leave and whilst a few fans would get upset/leave, the series would carry on, get new fans, etc.

Like I said before, I remember the years and years when Ferrari were also-rans when they fell off the track with a regularity and when they c#cked up strategies left, right and centre. If you had said to F1 fans then that F1 would collapse without Ferrari they would have laughed at you.

Schui/Brawn/Byrne built them up, but they are now on the wain and the marketing glitz is falling short on delivery. The reality is that if Ferrari's form continues, they will lose fans anyway.

I speak as an ex-die hard fan of Ferraris from the 70s and 80s who was impressed by Schui but lost interest a few years ago and now sees them as an embarassing excuse of a team that has got more mouth than trousers.

Blah, blah, Ferrari don't matter, blah :P

Anyway, there was a point I was gonna make, erm. Oh yeah. See: "With F1 being Ferrari and vice-versa, the drop-off in attendance were the iconic brand to disappear is likely to be catastrophic. History provides a precedent: in 2005, when Ferrari endured a bum year, travel operators across Europe reported drops in business of around 20% - despite the Schumacher factor. Imagine now the effects without the driver and the team. "

That's from Autosport, and their word is gospel.

This is one of those things that I don't have an opinion on, don't care to have an opinion on, and don't care about anyone else's opinion on. Just thought I'd share.

Sharing is caring :P

To me this is serious. Very serious, F1 at the moment is going through its most critical times.

Losing Schumacher was big for F1, but Lewis luckly come along and revived the loss.

But Ferrari actually quiting F1... Im not a fan at all but F1 needs Ferrari. Ferrari is a powerhouse, and is a vastly important brand to motoring in general letter known F1. Ferrari is like no other team, Ferrari is Ferrari theres no other way of saying it. The pinnicle of racing manufacters you could say.

If Ferrari quit F1, I will stop following F1. I have followed the sport for over half my life, (im 18 and started watching in 98 when I was 8) and when a team like Ferrari pulls out, you know F1 is coming to an end.

Max and Bernie are the only 2 people who can save F1 now.

Don't worry. Max and Bernie have saved F1 in the past and they'll do it again. Our heroes. :)

Don't worry. Max and Bernie have saved F1 in the past and they'll do it again. Our heroes. :)

Only cause most of the time their the cause of most of the problems! <_<

So far, I've got.

:lol:

:lol:

That is all.

So far, I've got.

Brawn, Williams and Force India,

possibly to be joined by USGP and Lola....yay! :bag:

Amusing, no, that Max is the very man who wanted the manufacturers in the first place, for the continued survival of the series.

Great point.

Good Job, I would rather see Ferrari not race than see them race somewhere where the level of competition is not its highest.

I agree with that.

Ummmm thanks I guess :P

It's all apart of Mad Max & Bernie show to get what they want and the teams to agree upon. Bernie and Max have used this tactic time and time again to get what they really want. It's just a matter of putting these crazy extreme proposals in, stirring the teams into action and outrage then coming to a compromise being what they really wanted in the first place but knew if they proposed it in the first place the teams would have them negotiate further away from what they want.

This is how I see things panning out:

1) Budget cap will be brought in as a yearly decreasing amount.

2) The two tier proposal will be dumped.

3) KERS will be changed to allow for more performance gains (i.e. more power)

4) The teams will all be happy again and we can go racing.

I reckon their bluffing.

I honestly don't think they are.