Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yurp

A Correctional Overlay Of Forum Support Weightings

Weighting Correction Statistics  

44 members have voted

  1. 1. Which driver(s) do you like?

    • Kimi
      23
    • Massa
      11
    • Hamilton
      13
    • Alonso
      17
    • None of the above
      5
  2. 2. Which driver(s) do you NOT like

    • Kimi
      3
    • Massa
      11
    • Hamilton
      18
    • Alonso
      10
    • None of the above
      14
  3. 3. Which team(s) do you like?

    • McLaren
      15
    • Ferrari
      13
    • Renault
      15
    • None of the above
      13


Recommended Posts

Being new (since the end of last season). I'd like to get my bearings and see how far the claims of fanboyism upon DoD stats and other threads can be corroberated.

Plus, I can sneakily align myself with the most powerful group of supporters on the forum in order for my quest for forum domination.

Or maybe I'm just interested.

I've just listed the most discussed drivers and their teams, so sorry to those reasonable BMW/Redbull/Honda fans etc - you obviously just don't matter enough.

You can fill the poll anonymously or declare you fanboyism openly with a post.

I already know quite a lot of people's opinions, but there's a silent majority who will be represented in the poll.

Is this a shameless attempt to set the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons? well yes.

Is this thread necessary in order to do that? well no - not really - since I've been here, much of what I've seen has been unquantified squabbling - so it's just more of the same really.

Rules:

Punching above your weight is encouraged

Tag team bullying is paramount

Last man standing rule applies

Ready?

Fight :boxing:

PS - my votes are cast "None of the above" all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton; nota; McLaren.

This is a nice idea. Would be fun to see if you can "correct" our DoD polls!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Being new (since the end of last season). I'd like to get my bearings and see how far the claims of fanboyism upon DoD stats and other threads can be corroberated.

Plus, I can sneakily align myself with the most powerful group of supporters on the forum in order for my quest for forum domination.

Or maybe I'm just interested.

I've just listed the most discussed drivers and their teams, so sorry to those reasonable BMW/Redbull/Honda fans etc - you obviously just don't matter enough.

You can fill the poll anonymously or declare you fanboyism openly with a post.

I already know quite a lot of people's opinions, but there's a silent majority who will be represented in the poll.

Is this a shameless attempt to set the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons? well yes.

Is this thread necessary in order to do that? well no - not really - since I've been here, much of what I've seen has been unquantified squabbling - so it's just more of the same really.

Rules:

Punching above your weight is encouraged

Tag team bullying is paramount

Last man standing rule applies

Ready?

Fight :boxing:

PS - my votes are cast "None of the above" all the way

Hi, I am Andres, a.k.a. Quiet One. Have I told you how much I dislike polls? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea.

I voted Kimi (because he's awesome) and Hamilton (to a lesser extent but I am despite myself feeling slightly patriotic today).

At the end of last year I would have said I didn't like Alonso, but he has redeemed himself in my eyes so I put "None"

And I am and always have been a McLaren fan.

So basically if Kimi, Hammy or Kova win I'm a happy bunny. I'm erring towards liking Massa as well, but more because of his personality than his driving. Although he is IMO a good driver I don't find him as exciting as the others to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hamilton; nota; McLaren.

This is a nice idea. Would be fun to see if you can "correct" our DoD polls!

:D - nope - I'm leaving that to kup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi, I am Andres, a.k.a. Quiet One. Have I told you how much I dislike polls? :P

Aha, so you admit you hate me because I'm Polish... no, wait, you DID say "polls" not "Poles," right? :eusa_think:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Being new (since the end of last season). I'd like to get my bearings and see how far the claims of fanboyism upon DoD stats and other threads can be corroberated.

Plus, I can sneakily align myself with the most powerful group of supporters on the forum in order for my quest for forum domination.

Or maybe I'm just interested.

I've just listed the most discussed drivers and their teams, so sorry to those reasonable BMW/Redbull/Honda fans etc - you obviously just don't matter enough.

You can fill the poll anonymously or declare you fanboyism openly with a post.

I already know quite a lot of people's opinions, but there's a silent majority who will be represented in the poll.

Is this a shameless attempt to set the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons? well yes.

Is this thread necessary in order to do that? well no - not really - since I've been here, much of what I've seen has been unquantified squabbling - so it's just more of the same really.

Rules:

Punching above your weight is encouraged

Tag team bullying is paramount

Last man standing rule applies

Ready?

None , None & None

Don't matter enough hey..........well stick it !!!

Fight :boxing:

PS - my votes are cast "None of the above" all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMW/Redbull/Honda fans etc - you obviously just don't matter enough.

(that was tongue wedged firmly in cheek BP - I like what BMW are doing this season myself, they just don't get discussed as much in these forums)

Like: Bacon, tuna

Dislike: Cheese

Bread: Multigrain

Oh crap, wrong thread again :(:)

:D

Like: Massa (a little pug-nosed), Hamilton (a tad fishy)

Dislike: Alonso (do I need to broaden the cheese metaphor)

Team: MacLaren (Hamilton's the first mixed race driver don't you know)

?

...or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aha, so you admit you hate me because I'm Polish... no, wait, you DID say "polls" not "Poles," right? :eusa_think:

:lol::congrats: Well done!

But then again... maybe he actually meant and misspelled "Poles" :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as far as I know almos t 1/3 of the forum likes kimi or the whole forum likes 1/3 of kimi and 1/3 of nando with hami toes and felipes knees... whatever... Do you know what is a Camel? A horse designed by a comittee with poll data!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aha, so you admit you hate me because I'm Polish... no, wait, you DID say "polls" not "Poles," right? :eusa_think:

:lol:

Every time you say that, I keep thinking wax on.....wax off............ :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So as far as I know almos t 1/3 of the forum likes kimi or the whole forum likes 1/3 of kimi and 1/3 of nando with hami toes and felipes knees... whatever... Do you know what is a Camel? A horse designed by a comittee with poll data!

:lol:

I voted Kimi, Hamilton, None of the above. Hamilton Sr. also contributes to my dislike of Lewis xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for Kimi, Hammy and Alonso for like. For dislike none, because I don't dislike Massa, in fact I quite like his personality, but don't appreciate his skills as much as others for some reason.

For team I put Renault, mostly because of the glory days with Alonso. I don't really like Ferrari or Mclaren because of their excessive politics/spin and spying crap and etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note its McLaren not MacLaren, you may wanna correct that :P

Interesting to see how unpopular Lewis is, I wouldnt have expected that but the other results are amazingly pretty close

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like: Fernando, Kimi & Lewis.

Dislike: Well I don't dislike Felipe, I just don't like him as much as the other options.

Teams: Ferrari, McLaren & Renault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just a note its McLaren not MacLaren, you may wanna correct that :P

:doh: - thanks

Interesting to see how unpopular Lewis is, I wouldnt have expected that but the other results are amazingly pretty close

Yep - it's surprised me that so many don't like hamilton - i guess his "nice boy of gp" aproach hasn't worked eh.

EDIT

There are some unsurprising results here, but also some that surprise (me at least)...

Firstly Renault appear to be edging out Ferrari and McLaren as favourite team. Is that perhaps because last years spygate didn't reflect too kindly on either of those teams behaviour - discuss.

Also Hamilton is more disliked than I had imagined would be the case - He certainly garners a lot of press, interesting how little he is liked amongst hardened F1 enthusiasts (as these total F1 forums probably represent that certain cross section of the F1 watching public more than any other).

If we add the Drivers liked and NOT liked together, we can get an idea of how emotionally affected members are by drivers...

Kimi 17

Massa 16

Hamilton 21

Alonso 19

This is not surprising really since Kimi and Massa tend to have lower profiles in the press concerning their own opinions - something which Hamilton, Alonso and their respective press entourages are pretty vocal about. Hamilton especially it seems.

Also interesting is that a lot of people dislike Massa - (twice as many as dislike Alonso and 5 times the number that dislike Kimi). I'm curious to know why that would be - whether it's associated with a perceived lack of skill, or whether its attitude related.

More people choose none of the above for disliked than liked drivers - 11 to 5 - which would indicate that 6 people atleast whilst particularly liking 1 or more drivers do not dislike any - that's a positive attutude and I'm glad it's being reflected - It would demonstrate an ability to be more objective about driver performances.

It seems that I was possibly correct to leave BMW, Redbull and Williams out of the team poll, since only 9 people stated they like "none of the above" teams vs 10-McLaren, 11-Ferrari and 13-Renault. Of course people could like Renault AND Redbull, but it seems that these 3 are probably the ones with the largest followings.

So a couple questions:

Why is Massa disliked as much as he is? (I'm not really surprised about Hamilton)

Why is Renault the top liked team? (I figure it stems from a dislike of the other 2 and also Renault's success a few years ago but would like to hear any other theories)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just clicked blindly so I can throw off the bell curve that you're trying to generate - don't you know that bell curves won't make a viable sustainable power source for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just clicked blindly so I can throw off the bell curve that you're trying to generate - don't you know that bell curves won't make a viable sustainable power source for the future?

:D

tolerance +- 1

you're not supposed to tell me that - that defeats the purpose of doing it. :dam:

I don't think we're getting a bell curve here - more like skin tight, wind-chimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like: Kimi - he's not my favourite, but he's my favourite out of the ones on the list - also I got a bet on him this season as a christmas present...

dislike: Hamilton - but not as much as last season, mainly because the British press have calmed down a bit this year (it was not really his fault I didn't like him, just that whenever F1 was discussed in British newspapers, TV and radio the only driver mentioned was Hamilton)

team: none of those

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...